Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I've seen reports that Zoe Kravitz plays MJ in Into the Spider-Verse.

(That's a pretty big get for what sounds like a minor role in the film.)
    That would explain why her voice sounds so familiar in the trailer (I was wondering if it was Jennifer Hale or whether Vanessa Marshall had reprised the role).

We already know there are at least two MJ's in the film. Wonder if Em Jay and "Michelle MJ" make an appearance too.

spoilers:
    They supposedly got Chris Pine to voice the Spider-Man they kill off at the beginning of the movie, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    We already know there are at least two MJ's in the film. Wonder if Em Jay and "Michelle MJ" make an appearance too.
    Well, we know of one other MJ in terms of her relation to the adult Peter in the movie, but it hasn't been confirmed she'll make an actual physical appearance.

If Em Jay is in it, I'd guess it would probably be in Spider-Gwen's recounting of her world/story that we briefly see in trailers when she's shown playing the drums.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we know of one other MJ in terms of her relation to the adult Peter in the movie, but it hasn't been confirmed she'll make an actual physical appearance.
    We do "physically" see her in the flashbacks with the Raimi-esque upside down kiss and car through cafe front scenes. But yes, we don't know if she has a speaking role.

If Em Jay is in it, I'd guess it would probably be in Spider-Gwen's recounting of her world/story that we briefly see in trailers when she's shown playing the drums.
    Yup, that's what I was thinking of. Wonder if Spider-Gwen and Adult Peter have a discussion about their respective MJ's in the film.

Also, spoilers:
    the film is supposed to reference all the different movie versions of Spider-Man, which was why I was wondering if MCU "MJ" is squeezed in as well.
    end of spoilers

We do "physically" see her in the flashbacks with the Raimi-esque upside down kiss and car through cafe front scenes. But yes, we don't know if she has a speaking role.
    I was under the impression that those were flashbacks featuring the MJ and Peter of Miles' world, not Jake Johnson's.
    Yup, that's what I was thinking of. Wonder if Spider-Gwen and Adult Peter have a discussion about their respective MJ's in the film.
    That would be fun .
    Also, spoilers:
    the film is supposed to reference all the different movie versions of Spider-Man, which was why I was wondering if MCU "MJ" is squeezed in as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd be surprised if she did as far as stuff they would reference from MCU Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

I was under the impression that those were flashbacks featuring the MJ and Peter of Miles' world, not Jake Johnson's.
    Well, it has Jake Johnson narrating over the scenes... though I guess he could be voicing Miles's Peter too. But I think it is the alt-dimension Jake Johnson Peter

That would be fun .
    Fingers crossed. It's a missed opportunity every time a Spider-Verse story doesn't have different Spiders discussing their respective MJ's.

spoilers:
    I'd be surprised if she did as far as stuff they would reference from MCU Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    Curious about all the references lol.

I just can't believe we are legit getting a big screen Spider-Verse movie this soon. And it is getting rave reviews to boot!

That would make sense, and would be pretty funny considering she and Shameik Moore, the voice actor for Miles, starred together in Dope.

Well, it has Jake Johnson narrating over the scenes... though I guess he could be voicing Miles's Peter too. But I think it is the alt-dimension Jake Johnson Peter
    I think that was a swerve for marketing.

spoilers:
    Jake Johnson apparently isn't voicing Miles' Peter and those scenes reportedly happen during the funeral for Miles' Peter while Mary Jane is giving the eulogy.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That would make sense, and would be pretty funny considering she and Shameik Moore, the voice actor for Miles, starred together in Dope.
    Makes me wonder if they'll actually have any direct scenes together.

BANNED

Newspaper MJ is finally back home

BANNED

Interview with Tom Taylor on MJ's role in Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

Pete's neighbors don't know who he is, but he does have a support team of familiar faces who are aware of his identity. Mary Jane Watson is back in his life playing the role of significant other. Pete's other confidant, though, is former antagonist J. Jonah Jameson. What's it like for you to have these two characters as someone Pete can go to for help in balancing his identities?

Writing Pete and MJ for the first time was pure joy. I love these two together. They're one of my two favorite couples in comics and they play so well together. There's so much love and optimism and humor between them. MJ is Spider-Man's equal in every way. I haven't actually gotten to Jameson yet, but I'm sure I will. Chip Zdarsky did such a great job with his character and changing their relationship on Spectacular.
    https://www.cbr.com/friendly-neightb...r-interview/2/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Interview with Tom Taylor on MJ's role in Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

https://www.cbr.com/friendly-neightb...r-interview/2/
    I suddenly feel a lot better about Tom Taylor taking on Spider-Man. Not that I felt bad about it before, but this makes me feel a lot better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It's always nice to see someone who's excited to write Mary Jane and her relationship with Peter .

Mighty Member

It's always nice to see someone who's excited to write Mary Jane and her relationship with Peter .
    I totally agree.
    It's a great time for Peter/Mary Jane fans.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Really lovely moment between Newspaper Peter and MJ today in the strip.

BANNED

And another sweet moment in the strip. MJ is so understanding and appreciative of Peter, she's not even mad he wrecked her theatre and wants to spend time together in Australia with him

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And another sweet moment in the strip. MJ is so understanding and appreciative of Peter, she's not even mad he wrecked her theatre and wants to spend time together in Australia with him
    I wonder how they'll deal with the Purple Man plot in Australia! Also, I'm curious what the plan is for this strip when they run out of pre-written installments - have they announced that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord