Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I wonder how they'll deal with the Purple Man plot in Australia! Also, I'm curious what the plan is for this strip when they run out of pre-written installments - have they announced that?
    I talked to Ron Frenz about it on Facebook, he believes as long as the strip remains popular with it's audience it will carry on regardless of Stan's passing. I've also heard Roy Thomas (the long-running ghost-writer) will eventually have his credit put on the strip

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I talked to Ron Frenz about it on Facebook, he believes as long as the strip remains popular with it's audience it will carry on regardless of Stan's passing. I've also heard Roy Thomas (the long-running ghost-writer) will eventually have his credit put on the strip
    Cool! Does Frenz have any input on the comic, or just friendly with the people who run it? The ghost writer getting credit would be nice.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Cool! Does Frenz have any input on the comic, or just friendly with the people who run it? The ghost writer getting credit would be nice.
    Ron contributed to the strip once as a fill-in, so he probably keeps up with it and it's team.

Thomas was one of the last men to visit Stan before he passed, I suspect the strip came up in conversation between them

Ron contributed to the strip once as a fill-in, so he probably keeps up with it and it's team.

Thomas was one of the last men to visit Stan before he passed, I suspect the strip came up in conversation between them
    Cool!

Sometimes I wish they'd collect the strips...but I'm not sure there's really a market for that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Sometimes I wish they'd collect the strips...but I'm not sure there's really a market for that.
    IDW have been collecting the strips. Four volumes of it are out already.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-08-2018 at 11:19 AM.

IDW have been collecting the strips. Four volumes of it are out already.
    Oh, wow.

BANNED

Oh, wow.
    Yeah, I think they've now reached 1986, so the marriage should kick in around the next volume
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-08-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Yeah, I think they've now reached 1986, so the marriage should kick in around the next volume
    I know it won't be for years, but I want to buy the "It was all a dream" strip where MJ steps out of the shower. Just to screw OMD again.

BANNED

I know it won't be for years, but I want to buy the "It was all a dream" strip where MJ steps out of the shower. Just to screw OMD again.
    Ha, yeah. That's when I first started reading the strip almost ten years ago. The actual "dream" storyline where Peter was single was better than the near entirety of the actual Brand New Day, mainly due to the fact he and MJ remained on good terms and were still dating.

I also love the team-up with Iron Man where Tony asks Peter if he'd ever consider publicly outing himself, and Peter told him there was no chance of that happening as it'd endanger everyone he ever cared about
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 12-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd love that LOL.

BANNED

The MJ of Gwen Goblin's universe is the closest we've gotten to a proper Mary Jane in a Spider-Gwen comic ever.

And hey, Peter cracked a joke at the end and made her laugh

Chapter Twenty-Four of my What If OMD Never Happened? story is posted. Meanwhile back at the ranch and on the Raft -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The MJ of Gwen Goblin's universe is the closest we've gotten to a proper Mary Jane in a Spider-Gwen comic ever.

And hey, Peter cracked a joke at the end and made her laugh
    I couldn't quite tell what the relationships between Peter, MJ, Gwen, and Harry were in this Gwen Goblin universe. Are they all just super close friends, or?

Anyway, though the art was kinda wonky (I feel like the text told us that Peter's generation was probably about 5-10 years older than Spider-Gwen, but they didn't really look like that except for Betty and Glory), it was nice seeing Peter and MJ working so hard to save Gwen Goblin. Though I don't get why Spider-Gwen hated Peter so much (I read the last issue, and yes, he made a bargain with her to save Gwen, but...I don't see how he was wrong?)

Wasn't sure where I was going to place this seeing I'm going to comment about a MJ and a Gwen but I figure I'll just copy and past to both MJ and Gwen threads.

I like to give a new writer a few issues to get a understanding of the writer's style and mindset to the characters and tone and what possibilities to expect. Now I'm a Multiverse Gwen and MJ fan and after a few issues (though I feel I'll really will get a better sense AFTER Spider-Geddon though) I'm going to write a few pros and cons I have.

PROS:
    As a MJ fan I liked this MJ. Strong, super caring for her friends, possible her and Gwen Goblin might have a relationship of some kind seeing hints of such of how both care about each other and in the end that helped save the day.

Many wrote they loved this version of MJ and wish it was Earth-65 version as well. While the writer might have to start of Earth-65 MJ based on the former writer's version that doesn't mean this writer will keep them static to one way and possible this mind set to MJ might be how she herself might head towards. This MJ version was written by current Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider writer thus the same element and importantly character developments might be heading her way. Thus a pro for the possibilities for this writer and 'MJ/Em Jay'.

I also enjoyed the Earth and it's characters this writer made all featured in just two issues yet immediately we are given a strong sense of who they are and charazations and backstory. Lactour was a slow burn yet possible due to the limited number (2-3 issues) to hold Earth-65 Gwen off from the Spider-Geddon event (allowing other Spider's to shine or such in that event) while showcasing her storytelling abilities this writer made a world I want to head back to someday.
    A world with a likable MJ, Gwen (who agian might have a forming relationship and I want to follow that seeing how much each cared about the other) and Peter (he might of been 'desperate' due to worried about Gwen and grief for Harry yet not unreasonable and I feel in the logical right). A world where Gwen was once a superhero and villain with now psychological issues/scars but also a world that we seen now doesn't have a Spider hero yet being like Sandman (or woman as the facial details to who killed 'Spider-man' of that Earth and caused Gwen Goblin to go nuts was hard to tell) and other rouges exist thus possible that this world Gwen might be called back to action yet mentally not sure if she can do so causing a hard choice (help save people's lives from super villains but risk fallen to madness agian or let people die but prevent a bigger 'monster' from coming possibly). Double so if involving the sand villain.

CONSs:
    I hate to write this but the writer made the other characters so well yet Earth-65 Gwen to be a jerk. Too much 'attitude' and lack of empathy. I get she just saw two of her friends being murdered and the feeling of helplessness while knowing other friends are possibly dying and rushing in desperation that leads to annoyance for a answer. All the time she comment 'where the really battle is' was wrong. Taking tips for original SPider-man being the friendly NEIGHBORHOOD Spider-man and a quote from the movie 'you can't focus on saving the world. Just one person at a time.' To the people of the world she is on that Gwen version is a universe to them. Her attitude and harsh emotions should of cooled and been more sympathetic.

I really got worried/upset when after being told 'Gwen Goblin's story by that world's Peter and Peter said 'you can help' INSTEAD of saying "why would I do that." response by Gwen she should of said 'how so? or "I would love too but I'm also worried for my friends in immediate dangers so maybe if I find a way to get to them first very quickly then come right back here to help with your problem and troubles..." Doing so would show she cares or react as a hero who sees a problem/hurt people should do. Instead the writer had her respond "why would I do that?" Why...HELLO GWEN you're meant to be a hero right? If that was Doc Ock or some villain who general has a super ego or not a hero that response would be common as villains lack care for others but themselves with a nasty attitude but not a hero response. Especially not a Spider hero response who cares for the 'common man/woman' vs just the big events.

The way Gwen reacted has me worried to how she will be presented in the coming issues of her own series by the writer. Strange as for this writer only her Earth-65 Gwen characterization I had a problem/worries with while every other character and storytelling I liked by her writings (including the Gwen Goblin/Gwen Stacy version she made when 'I got Better').

Possible like Miles just had it might of been better for this writer and Gwen to have her debut #1 outside of the event vs opening with and being forced to dance around this event with Earth-65 Gwen till issue 5 where the writer can do her own thing on Earth-65 (though agian I did love and grew fansatied by this Earth and it's characters she made so that was a big plus).

Thus love the new world/Earth presented and possibilities of that world and characters of it by the writer, hopeful to Em Jay possibilities in character development if the tone/vibe/charazations by this writer passes onto Earth-65 Em Jay of the recent MJ (and Gwen) version we gotten to know a bit from two issues alone, and yet worried for how Earth-65 Gwen might be showcased as a character in her own series down the road with hopes that she to will rise up or the writer with experience and going though the learning curves and self generating ideas might move in more positive directions (I don't think the writer wrote for a comic before so experience yet flesh blood/ideas is always a good thing to grow).

Also based on what I read that new world's Betty and Glory are young or mid age adults while it's Peter, Gwen, and MJ (and formally Harry) are teens (young teens or mid or close to adulthood I'm not sure).

Chapter Twenty-Five of my What If OMD Never Happened? story is posted. We are treated to some dimension hopping fun -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1281972...-The-Great-Web

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."