Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Line it is Drawn

BANNED

Fun moment as MJ helped cover for Peter in today's daily strip

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Sexy and fun, that's what I think of when I see this pic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    Wasn't sure where I was going to place this seeing I'm going to comment about a MJ and a Gwen but I figure I'll just copy and past to both MJ and Gwen threads.

I like to give a new writer a few issues to get a understanding of the writer's style and mindset to the characters and tone and what possibilities to expect. Now I'm a Multiverse Gwen and MJ fan and after a few issues (though I feel I'll really will get a better sense AFTER Spider-Geddon though) I'm going to write a few pros and cons I have.

PROS:
    As a MJ fan I liked this MJ. Strong, super caring for her friends, possible her and Gwen Goblin might have a relationship of some kind seeing hints of such of how both care about each other and in the end that helped save the day.

Many wrote they loved this version of MJ and wish it was Earth-65 version as well. While the writer might have to start of Earth-65 MJ based on the former writer's version that doesn't mean this writer will keep them static to one way and possible this mind set to MJ might be how she herself might head towards. This MJ version was written by current Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider writer thus the same element and importantly character developments might be heading her way. Thus a pro for the possibilities for this writer and 'MJ/Em Jay'.
    Any changes to Em Jay would be pretty easy to explain. Bear in mind that there was a year timeskip at the end of the previous volume. Might Gwen's reveal as a superhero, and subsequent imprisonment have prompted some character development for Em Jay?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Line it is Drawn
    Like the pics. And LOL at JJJ's mind being blown when he sees two Spider-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Any changes to Em Jay would be pretty easy to explain. Bear in mind that there was a year timeskip at the end of the previous volume. Might Gwen's reveal as a superhero, and subsequent imprisonment have prompted some character development for Em Jay?
    I'm hoping we get to see a bit more of her relationship with Glory that was teased at the end of the previous volume.

BANNED

Our intrepid reporter take on MJ is coming to comics yet again in an adaptation of the video game with all new content

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...s-city-at-war/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Our intrepid reporter take on MJ is coming to comics yet again in an adaptation of the video game with all new content

Oooh, exciting! Not a fan of that Crain cover (what's with those bulging muscles?), but it's the artist who did the MJ scenes from the latest Amazing arc (with Black Cat and the support group). That's pretty cool!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'll be getting that City at War comic for sure. I liked Dennis' Spider-Woman run and...I'm sure he's done something else that I've enjoyed...ah well, needless to say I'm looking forward to reading the 6-parter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll be getting that City at War comic for sure. I liked Dennis' Spider-Woman run and...I'm sure he's done something else that I've enjoyed...ah well, needless to say I'm looking forward to reading the 6-parter.
    I really liked Jean Grey. Hopeless has done a lot of stuff I find either frustrating (Spider-Woman's concept, though it was executed fairly well) or gross (Avengers Arena), but he's also very talented. And working off of the video game, at least he's not allowed to kill off Peter or MJ.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really liked Jean Grey. Hopeless has done a lot of stuff I find either frustrating (Spider-Woman's concept, though it was executed fairly well) or gross (Avengers Arena), but he's also very talented. And working off of the video game, at least he's not allowed to kill off Peter or MJ.
    I wasn't thinking of Jean Grey...I think it was All-New X-Men that I was thinking of. Either that or I was thinking of a different writer LOL. Anyways, I'm interested in this City at War thing and I'd be highly surprised if he was allowed to kill Peter and/or MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I wasn't thinking of Jean Grey...I think it was All-New X-Men that I was thinking of. Either that or I was thinking of a different writer LOL. Anyways, I'm interested in this City at War thing and I'd be highly surprised if he was allowed to kill Peter and/or MJ.
    There's no way he'll deviate much from the game. I just hope MJ has good scenes and keeps her best lines. And Spidey-plushie makes it in!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    There's no way he'll deviate much from the game. I just hope MJ has good scenes and keeps her best lines. And Spidey-plushie makes it in!
    Nah, I don't believe he'll deviate much from the game either. As for how good the comic itself is, we'll find out from March onwards I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Lois Jane returns .

But it's nice to be able to look forward to a book where Mary Jane is likely to have a major role .

I wonder what the new content will be? Stuff cut from the game? Illustrations of stuff only mentioned in the game? Maybe Peter and MJ's breakup from the novel?

I'm more excited to see what the stories they tell that take place after the events of the game, but I'm still interested in checking out the comic retelling of the game's story. Hopeless is basically just gonna be translating Gage & Slott's original script and maybe adding a couple of his own touches to it, and I really liked Bandini's art from the MJ Lookouts issues so at the very least its gonna look really nice.