Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

There are errors in this article though, like Django and Marya came after Robert Frank. But I appreciate that they are at least trying to be somewhat historically sensitive.
    Some points are redundant, like her mom not being Magda and her dad not being Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    There are errors in this article though, like Django and Marya came after Robert Frank. But I appreciate that they are at least trying to be somewhat historically sensitive.
    Some points are redundant, like her mom not being Magda and her dad not being Erik.
    Well they had to get 20 items.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I was unfortunate to have missed CC when it came out. I only saw some of the issues. I had read of some of this, but as I didn't read CC before UA, that latter characterization has stood with me. To me, Rogue and many of the X-Men are like that. Forgiveness more for Magneto's crimes than Wanda, ewe!

I really don't care if various mutants ever accept Wanda, as long as the Avengers do. While I regret Wanda and Pietro no longer being mutants (for now . . .) I think that too is a dual edged sword that keeps othering Wanda from the X-Men.

I just don't think I will ever believe X-fans are fair enough to let it go, ever.

Scarlet Witch Colors
    by MARCIOABREU7

DqIajIwWoAAqTEa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I was unfortunate to have missed CC when it came out. I only saw some of the issues. I had read of some of this, but as I didn't read CC before UA, that latter characterization has stood with me. To me, Rogue and many of the X-Men are like that. Forgiveness more for Magneto's crimes than Wanda, ewe!

I really don't care if various mutants ever accept Wanda, as long as the Avengers do. While I regret Wanda and Pietro no longer being mutants (for now . . .) I think that too is a dual edged sword that keeps othering Wanda from the X-Men.

I just don't think I will ever believe X-fans are fair enough to let it go, ever.
    The X-Men were done really badly in CC to be honest. Most of them were basically "Burn the Witch" even when Wanda offered a solution to M-Day they were like "Nope, not good enough."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The X-Men were done really badly in CC to be honest. Most of them were basically "Burn the Witch" even when Wanda offered a solution to M-Day they were like "Nope, not good enough."
    If anything, it would either be X-Men themselves or some X-fans.
    I am cool with people who understands how to live and let live.

I think like most fanbases, most X-fans don't even care at this point.
    Some may still hate her, other fans may want her back. ( Simply for Magnus family stuff or they got actually got " Mutant superiority issues.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-23-2018 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If anything, it would either be X-Men themselves or some X-fans.
    I am cool with people who understands how to live and let live.

I think like most fanbases, most X-fans don't even care at this point.
    Some may still hate her, other fans may want her back. ( Simply for Magnus family stuff or they got actually got " Mutant superiority issues.)
    Hopefully most X-Fans don't care by now, they are probably more annoyed with Marvel constantly dumping mass-extinction events/stories nearly every year.

One of the reasons I gave up being an X-fan. I have not seriously read the book(s) since somewhere in the '90s. Of course part of that was I did not want to see any more tragic Jean Grey stories. I was so tired of her being messed with constantly. Most male characters never have to deal with Great power means you become evil memes, like Jean or female characters do (Wanda is the best example, btw, Jean is one of my favorite characters too).

Nope, the minority that proved to not be a minority (at one point it seemed to me that there were more mutant characters than all the other super characters combined - harsh? Call it as I saw it.) just wasn't for me. In more recent times, I have occasionally strayed back. Notably for X-Men Red, but I guess that will be over too.

Extraordinary Member

One of the reasons I gave up being an X-fan. I have not seriously read the book(s) since somewhere in the '90s. Of course part of that was I did not want to see any more tragic Jean Grey stories. I was so tired of her being messed with constantly. Most male characters never have to deal with Great power means you become evil memes, like Jean or female characters do (Wanda is the best example, btw, Jean is one of my favorite characters too).

Nope, the minority that proved to not be a minority (at one point it seemed to me that there were more mutant characters than all the other super characters combined - harsh? Call it as I saw it.) just wasn't for me. In more recent times, I have occasionally strayed back. Notably for X-Men Red, but I guess that will be over too.
    I have more of a problem with the X-fanbase being one of the most vocal and even hostile fanbase while the X-characters being discriminated against theme.
    They are the minority in the contexts of the story, fighting for their rights and survival, blabla. And some fans form large mobs for witch hunting/ (Wanda, Avengers, or an X-character that got more juice than he/she deserves.) It happens with every large fanbase, sure, but kinda ironic in this case.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda pops up (in an MCU-ified version) for a three-page story in today's all-ages "Marvel Super Hero Adventures" Halloween issue.

Yes, it is actually the fans who turn me off the most. I didn't want to say that, but you did and I thank you for it.

Yes, I should be big enough to admit that in their context/story, they are minorities. But like I said I think at least at one time, you could add all their named characters whether in a book or not and see that they outnumbered other super characters. It seemed that way to me.

It is hard to see Mutants as a Minority when in Morrison's run, they were going to overtake humanity in two generations

I didn't even know that. I had bailed on the X-men earlier. I wasn't "on" to the Morrison thing until later too. But I was aware of how he took out Jean Grey and it stuck for years, so on one level I knew I hated him and these X-Men even more.

BANNED

Yes, it is actually the fans who turn me off the most. I didn't want to say that, but you did and I thank you for it.

Yes, I should be big enough to admit that in their context/story, they are minorities. But like I said I think at least at one time, you could add all their named characters whether in a book or not and see that they outnumbered other super characters. It seemed that way to me.
    They're a minority compared to humans.

Them outnumbering non-mutant supers may contribute to racism in of itself if we think in militaristic terms (aka They have a bigger army if they organize which threatens "our" survival)