Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I finally read Disassembled and HoM. Why are they considered Wanda stories? she barely appears in both them!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, a lot of the hype around Captain Marvel has been about Fury and the skrulls appearing. And for this show you don't really get the hype of a new character being introduced like for Captain Marvel.

They just hate X-Men and mutants and Wanda being related to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Because alot of people see her as nothing more than a vehicle for pushing X-Men, a tool to be used and then discarded, a character whose own lore apparently should be discarded just so she can be used as a prop for other characters.

It makes me very angry, and depressed.
    I see.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Lol at the second gif

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I finally read Disassembled and HoM. Why are they considered Wanda stories? she barely appears in both them!
    Yeah, unfortunately her most known stories are ones where she was merely used as a plot device... You should read Children's Crusade if you haven't yet(though it would be better if you read Young Avengers before that too...), it's pretty much the conclusion to this whole mess and it has a much better representation of Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    But they never act like Kree/Skrull matter more than Carol hersel and a lot of those serve as supporting characters for Carol , for Wanda, she is like just there for the grand Mutant introduction which doesn't even exist yet. And let's say she is the supporting one and glorified background furniture for the most part.
    I hate when X-Men and Mutants are like the only thing people talk about when Wanda gets a piece of benefit for herself.
    What about the X-fellas? Isn't Wanda obliged to contribute to the cinemetic mutant cause? Sorry she is not one of them. Maybe when media and people actually take more interest in Wanda's own life and story, Avengers, magic, her actual friends and fam, really, pick one, pick anything.

I want the general impression changed, and I hope people actually caring about her own interest.
    I am more pissed that media aways brings up the shallowest thing possible and make it her tag.

Other than that, I appreciate Marvel Studios for this favor if this turns out to be true.
    I don't hate Wanda being connected yo Mutants, I hate it everyone giving it and only it attention like nothing else matters.
    It's kind of hard for me to believe that you don't hate Wanda being connected with mutants in general. From what I remember, every time that is brought up, whether it's making all about them or not, you act like that... Honestly, I see how Wanda's connection to Magneto and mutants has given her more bad stuff than good on the comics. But I don't think that has to be the same for the MCU. I think that connecting Wanda to them on the MCU after the Fox buyout can only benefit her.

I don't particularly care about whether she's Magneto's daughter or not, but if Magneto does appear on the MCU and they retcon that it could give her more chances of screentime and development, on crossovers for example. With that said, that's definetely not what I would want for her show to be about. I'd rather it officially establish her as a magic user and explore that side of her. But who knows, it all also depends on how she and those around her(especially Vision...) are gonna end up by the end of A4.

Yeah, unfortunately her most known stories are ones where she was merely used as a plot device... You should read Children's Crusade if you haven't yet(though it would be better if you read Young Avengers before that too...), it's pretty much the conclusion to this whole mess and it has a much better representation of Wanda.
    I will, thanks.

Extraordinary Member

It kind of rules that two days after an announcement that Wanda is being considered for her own Marvel Studios project - something that would have seemed unthinkable even when she got into the MCU - most of us (including me) are still just depressed about her treatment in the '00s or worried about her future. She must have some of the most downbeat fans in comics.

I still feel like even if this project happens Marvel comics will still find some excuse to leave her off the Avengers roster again.

Extraordinary Member

I see.
    Because it got OP powers and family dramas, and media and Youtubers likes to brag about how it shook up MU, etc, etc.

In the end, it just happened to be the most famous story with Wanda in it, no one cares about if she is actually doing stuff or just there as a background furniture.

And of course, wiping out Mutants is the coolest thing ever, not mention she blow herself into comic oblivion for years.
    People love the family/power tropes of AD/HoM, are those accurate representation of Wanda, did Wanda have a say? nah, don't know, don't care. Who cares about the lowly Avenger when Bendis brewed his hot ****.

Extraordinary Member

It's kind of hard for me to believe that you don't hate Wanda being connected with mutants in general. From what I remember, every time that is brought up, whether it's making all about them or not, you act like that... Honestly, I see how Wanda's connection to Magneto and mutants has given her more bad stuff than good on the comics. But I don't think that has to be the same for the MCU. I think that connecting Wanda to them on the MCU after the Fox buyout can only benefit her.

I don't particularly care about whether she's Magneto's daughter or not, but if Magneto does appear on the MCU and they retcon that it could give her more chances of screentime and development, on crossovers for example. With that said, that's definetely not what I would want for her show to be about. I'd rather it officially establish her as a magic user and explore that side of her. But who knows, it all also depends on how she and those around her(especially Vision...) are gonna end up by the end of A4.
    I just hope it's given minimal attention, meaning it doesn't take the spotlight and renders everything else pointless.
    Her being connected to Mutants in comics is a long-term fact, and a simple one at that. So yeah, make a throw-away line, change it back, by all means.
    For MCU, some people almost sound like she needs to be a mutant to be interesting, and let's be real, she won't be left alone if she gets a new tag, and a new daddy, and I can only pray she comes out in one piece should that happen.
    And here is the thing with "MCU can be different", assuming you make a actually good adaption of HoM, and people love it, whether you like it or not, it will inevitably add value to the shitty OG one, and people will feel like to praise that as well. And Marvel Comics may feel like give it some reprints with some advertisement slogans, and more readers know Wanda through HoM as their first impression.
    I don't care like you do if there is a legit promise that she can remain where she is and be who she is meant to be. But the law of family drama will demand her be dragged into mud, most likely.

Actually you know what, it would be a bless if those are just tags she wears in the end and nothing more.

Fox buyout can benefit her by freeing her from a split state, not by shoving her into a place where she is exploited.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-20-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It kind of rules that two days after an announcement that Wanda is being considered for her own Marvel Studios project - something that would have seemed unthinkable even when she got into the MCU - most of us (including me) are still just depressed about her treatment in the '00s or worried about her future. She must have some of the most downbeat fans in comics.

I still feel like even if this project happens Marvel comics will still find some excuse to leave her off the Avengers roster again.
    Why don't they use her? it's not because of her powers since they don't have a problem using Dr Strange, do they find her boring or something

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Because it got OP powers and family dramas, and media and Youtubers likes to brag about how it shook up MU, etc, etc.

In the end, it just happened to be the most famous story with Wanda in it, no one cares about if she is actually doing stuff or just there as a background furniture.

And of course, wiping out Mutants is the coolest thing ever, not mention she blow herself into comic oblivion for years.
    People love the family/power tropes of AD/HoM, are those accurate representation of Wanda, did Wanda have a say? nah, don't know, don't care. Who cares about the lowly Avenger when Bendis brewed his hot ****.
    it's weird how she's crazy and all powerful from the get-go. Well, at least she's back now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Probably why I admire CJ.
    Keep being optimistic all those years and all.
    Most cheerful of us all I would say.

No-one should have the displeasure of reading those especially if some wants to learn more about Wanda.

They are only considered Wanda stories because she's the Big Bad (in a way) in both

I found this video about Weapon Hex in Future Fight
    https://bradry.wordpress.com/2018/09...-future-fight/

Her stats say she is Wanda Maximoff, is 5'7" tall, and 132 lbs. That make her more Wanda than Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Her stats say she is Wanda Maximoff, is 5'7" tall, and 132 lbs. That make her more Wanda than Laura.
    and yet her look and everything screams Laura and not Wanda.

I didn't know she was that tall, she and I are almost the same height

Extraordinary Member

The general visual design say otherwise.
    I hope we get to see some Wanda elements in her backstory.