Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

"No, MORE mutants"

Imagine what a single comma can do.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Infinity War concept art
    Drtf1kqWsAIg2Wm.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    But Set was from the Egyptian pantheon. However Greek myths are replete with serpents.
    That is Seth, I mean the Elder God Set who is originally from Rober E Howard novels, he is the one who ceated the Serpent Crown, not that Egyptian God. (There is a story where Seth took over some of Set's Egyptian worshippers though.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, since I want every seconds of her story invested in Avengers and Mystical stuff, I hope she never plays the part of some kind of mutant Genisis.
    Also I am disappointed in Nerdist, they used to mock "no one cares about Wanda" when discussing if the dusted will be back. Now clearly they want to talk about her for the only story worth mentioning, jeez.

And suggesting her TV adapting HoM for like, well I don't want to count anymore, might as well watch snuff movie featuring Wanda, some random Redditor could post their lame theories all they want. And Nerdist just help spread Wanda's long misconcepts.

Also hearing yet another recap of HoM is kinda painful, especially when she used the term Chaos Magic, it's created by writers who actually invested efforts on her, so please don't tainted the term when the other writer clearly denied this concept.

I still love Jessica though.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 11-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also I am disappointed in Nerdist, they used to mock "no one cares about Wanda" when discussing if the dusted will be back. Now clearly they want to talk about her for the only story worth mentioning, jeez.
    Ah didn't know that.
    I still love Jessica though.
    Me too!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    No thanks, getting really sick of all these stupid suggestions about Wanda bringing mutants in the MCU through some reverse HOM. Clearly the people suggesting it don't know Wanda at all

What Has Happened to the Scarlet Witch's Powers Over the Years?

Bad writing and a lack of research. How does probability altering ever equal reality warping?

Sales figures show that Infinity Wars: Weapon Hex #1 sold 31,140 copies and placed #77 for the month. This was Wanda's only representation in a comic in October.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    How does probability altering ever equal reality warping?
    This was Byrne's explanation. He said that to alter the probability of something happening, you would have to alter all the events that created those probabilities. If she creates a 100% probability that something will explode then she must be subtly changing reality to make that happen.

There have been other comics that suggested "probability manipulation" is a sort of low-grade form of reality warping. When Morgan Le Fay kidnapped Wanda in the 1998 relaunch she said it's because the Scarlet Witch's power could "warp reality" enough to make it possible for Morgan to mix two incompatible forms of magic. "House of M" has a somewhat similar plot to that story (Wanda is used to create a new reality but a few of the Avengers remember who they are and break free) only this time instead of Wanda being a tool to create the new reality, she's suddenly somehow powerful enough to do it on her own.

TL, DR: Wanda's power is whatever the writer wants it to be for the sake of the plot.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Unhappy

RIP Stan Lee
    Hard to tell after all those years how much he was involved in the “creation” of Wanda, but without him we for sure had nothing to talk about here
    He will be missed

Extraordinary Member

Well, Stan and Jack made an unusual choice by introducing Wanda and Pietro as supervillains who weren't actually villains and were obviously going to switch sides at some point. And then Stan took another risk by putting them on the Avengers to replace the original heroes. Obviously Jack Kirby and her main Avengers artist Don Heck deserve a lot of credit for what we like about her, but Stan did well by her overall.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    What Has Happened to the Scarlet Witch's Powers Over the Years?

Bad writing and a lack of research. How does probability altering ever equal reality warping?
    With a few satisfying innovation between them though.
    Agatha and Chthon are my favorite additions.
    I also don't mind Abenett showing Wanda doing more melee attacks.