Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wouldn’t mind Wanda discovering that her mom was a witch in the MCU at all and that the stone unlocked latent abilities within her body. I’d also enjoy some backstory from her life woven into her MCU storyline. I just want whichever to be well executed, big budget and well written. I’d also like her to be the primary character a la Dr Strange in his film. Other heroes can be there but only as supporting characters. I’d loooovvveee to see her have a major role in Strange’s next film and have that springboard into her own.

Wanda has thought she knew her family several times until Marvel decided to pull the bait and switch. That said, they could easily have it so that the Mind Stone didn't give her and Pietro their powers, it activated them from latency. No major retcon because we still don't understand what the experimentation did to them, just that they were the only two subjects to survive it. Perhaps they survived it because they weren't entirely human to begin with.

I'm not sure about Scarlet Witch in Doctor Strange 2. I wanna see her get exposure and another movie appearance outside Avengers would be awesome but Doctor Strange is still being developed. He doesn't know his own strength and limitations yet. Besides, I think DS2 is when they'll introduce Clea. So that's already two characters that will need plenty of screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Wanda has thought she knew her family several times until Marvel decided to pull the bait and switch. That said, they could easily have it so that the Mind Stone didn't give her and Pietro their powers, it activated them from latency. No major retcon because we still don't understand what the experimentation did to them, just that they were the only two subjects to survive it. Perhaps they survived it because they weren't entirely human to begin with.

I'm not sure about Scarlet Witch in Doctor Strange 2. I wanna see her get exposure and another movie appearance outside Avengers would be awesome but Doctor Strange is still being developed. He doesn't know his own strength and limitations yet. Besides, I think DS2 is when they'll introduce Clea. So that's already two characters that will need plenty of screen time.
    Sorry Clea, but I wouldn't mind if you get the Sharon Rogers TWS role on DS2 while Wanda gets the Black Widow one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Sorry Clea, but I wouldn't mind if you get the Sharon Rogers TWS role on DS2 while Wanda gets the Black Widow one.
    That will be like very unfair. (I mean, Clea is even more underused these days.)
    Expanded "Sharon-like" role maybe, personally I hope Doctor Strange trilogy end with Clea taking over Dark Dimension.
    I think there is enough space for them both.
    One thing I kinda feel unfair about Black Widow is that she kinda just takes over the " firs lady" seat of Avengers through timing and get the most prominent supporting place in Cap franchise, when those roles are traditionally filled by other characters.
    I hope Wanda gets what she deserves, but not at the cost of driving others off their rightful place. (At least not those I care about as well.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-23-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They already had Doctor Christine Palmer as the Sharon hahah. That said, I'd have loved if Christine was revealed to be Clea or if Christine died and Clea took her form. Rachel McAdams was wasted in that role.

Extraordinary Member

They already had Doctor Christine Palmer as the Sharon hahah. That said, I'd have loved if Christine was revealed to be Clea or if Christine died and Clea took her form. Rachel McAdams was wasted in that role.
    That will change Clea in an essential way, I mean, Clea's birthplace is very important.She can't be Christine Palmer who, from what we saw, grows up in human society.
    Taking Christine's form could work, but they will have to avoid making Clea extra creepy with that.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 09-23-2018 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That will change Clea in an essential way, I mean, Clea's birthplace is very important.She can't be Christine Palmer who, from what we saw, grows up in human society.
    Taking Christine's form could work, but they will avoid making Clea extra creepy with that.
    Dormammu was clearly non-humanoid. If that's customary of the race, Clea takes a human form when she arrives on Earth (maybe that of Christine so Rachel can play her), alters the form a little so we get her signature look and wham bam thank you mam, two birds with one stone.

I just wouldn't want Wanda to come in an usurp the role that's definitely Clea's. So even if Wanda appeared, I don't think she'd be major in the movie. Besides, I always liked that it was Agatha that trained her. So do something with Agatha in the proposed television series and draw her into magic. It's good that Elizabeth Olsen clearly doesn't have a distaste for television, since she's in Sorry for Your Loss, and will likely be happy to commit. Besides, it's basically the Scarlet Witch movie she wanted that will be considerably longer and allow her character more exploration.

True but we don't really need a hundred who's your dad? stories with MCU Wanda. Her biological parents where the ones that raised her and then died in the bombing and leave it at that.

Well the whole Wanda getting her powers from being latent is brought up in the MCU Visual Dictionary.

Extraordinary Member

Dormammu was clearly non-humanoid. If that's customary of the race, Clea takes a human form when she arrives on Earth (maybe that of Christine so Rachel can play her), alters the form a little so we get her signature look and wham bam thank you mam, two birds with one stone.

I just wouldn't want Wanda to come in an usurp the role that's definitely Clea's. So even if Wanda appeared, I don't think she'd be major in the movie. Besides, I always liked that it was Agatha that trained her. So do something with Agatha in the proposed television series and draw her into magic. It's good that Elizabeth Olsen clearly doesn't have a distaste for television, since she's in Sorry for Your Loss, and will likely be happy to commit. Besides, it's basically the Scarlet Witch movie she wanted that will be considerably longer and allow her character more exploration.
    Clea being a humanoid and material life form instead of energy one is due to her heritage from her father's side.
    And the fact she is born with a certain materialized form is what drives Uma nuts and makes Uma abandon her.
    Unless you drop her hybrid nature, she is born with a certain humanoid form. Then again shapeshifting is not rare for magic users.

The latter part is basically what I thought. They all got their places to be, Wanda is underserved in where she belongs but it's even more so for Clea. (The only okay scenario is her taking Victoria Montesi's place and elements if she got her own show and stuff, I mean, I like Vickie and she is like the last to appear in any live-action adaptions.)

Man, I am bummed I missed out on voting for this (this is what happens when you spend too much time away
    from the board) but I am very happy with the Top 10 list overall and the #2 and #1 choices I 100% agree with.
    Wanda super charging everyone to take down the Challenger in No Surrender was one of my favorite moments in the series.

I hope for more Wanda MCU exposure, whether its a series on the Disney Streaming Service or her appearing in Doctor Strange 2.
    Hell I would be all for a Wanda/Vision centric story.

I'm hoping that Wanda becomes one of the rotating 8th members in the current Avengers book, I would like to see what Jason Aaron would
    do with her. With the end of Uncanny Avengers I am missing seeing her on a regular basis outside of the Quicksilver mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The top two Wanda moments have been revealed. Thanks to though who voted

2. Defeating the Challenger (Avengers #689)
    ‘No Surrender’ was a sixteen-part mega epic which saw, the Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, U.S. Avengers, Occupy Avengers and some others battle a new Lethal Legion and Black Order in a game between the Grandmaster and the Challenger (an elder of the universe who used to be called the Grandmaster). When the Challenger realises that the Grandmaster has cheated, he decides to clean the board (destroy Earth). The Avengers fight with all their might against him, but new character Voyager knows the Avengers are going to lose. Using her power to affect memories she gives the Avengers a morale boost, allowing Wanda to use that belief into a super spell which causes the Challenger to explode!

1. The Avengers A (Avengers Vol 3 #3)
    Here we are Number 1 and fitting Number 2 was in a way a homage to it and it follows on from Number 8. Thanks to Wanda’s spell a small number of Avengers, (Cap, Hawkeye, Quasar, Justice, Wasp and Pulsar/Photon) broke free of Morgan Le Fay’s spell and now attempted to stop Morgan. Unfortunately, Morgan has used her magic to grow to supersize, but luckily Wanda enters the fight and summons a Giant Wonderman to battle Morgan. Despite both her and Simon’s best efforts it isn’t enough, until all the Avengers snap back to their senses and give Wanda their strength and support. Showing why she is one of the hearts of the Avengers, Wanda uses her colleagues support to empower Simon and Morgan is defeated. (Also can’t go wrong with more Perez art)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I loved the whole Natalya storyline (way better than Magda), also it makes more sense of how Wanda got her codename.

Also Wanda knows her family in the MCU, but that couldn't stop her discovering that her mum was a witch (sort of like Dr. Doom did in the comcs)
    I think instead of Agatha being the FF nanny, she is outright the leader of New Salem. Perhaps Mordo attacks Wanda and Agatha then intervenes to protect her. Agatha is not some old nanny but a powerful matriarch (whereas Chthon is of course the patriarch, for neat feminist subtext).

She goes to New Salem (in MCU perhaps more like Kamar Taj yet still isolationist, IMHO it should be in another dimension, not Colorado) Agatha trains her, other witches such as Vertigo (who In this interpretation, is to Wanda what Mordo was to Strange), New Salem is a place that has cut itself off from humanity. In the end, Wanda realizes that she does not belong there, and leaves, as her mother did. However, she takes up her mother's mantle of "Scarlet Witch" and returns to the Avengers a fully fledged sorceress.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think instead of Agatha being the FF nanny, she is outright the leader of New Salem. Perhaps Mordo attacks Wanda and Agatha then intervenes to protect her. Agatha is not some old nanny but a powerful matriarch (whereas Chthon is of course the patriarch, for neat feminist subtext).

She goes to New Salem (in MCU perhaps more like Kamar Taj yet still isolationist, IMHO it should be in another dimension, not Colorado) Agatha trains her, other witches such as Vertigo (who In this interpretation, is to Wanda what Mordo was to Strange), New Salem is a place that has cut itself off from humanity. In the end, Wanda realizes that she does not belong there, and leaves, as her mother did. However, she takes up her mother's mantle of "Scarlet Witch" and returns to the Avengers a fully fledged sorceress.
    Well, I kinda like the "powerful witch with an ordinary job" aspect of Agatha. They should probably introduce her as Wanda's friendly neighbor or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

So Natalya is a traitor of the clan? Or is she an accepted outsider to start with?
    Anyway, if they feel like to add Chthon element to Wanda's birth in this version, maybe Natalya wanted to leave after her pregnency. Then one of New Salem's memeber consider this betrayal and cast a curse to punish her.
    She wanted to be free, so her unborn daughter will be someone else's prisoner/subject.

Fantastic Member

Olsen filming reshoots for Avengers 4;

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/aveng...-scarlet-witch