Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Just about one of my top 2 or 3 favorite Wanda moments. One other would be after the first time she defeated Ultron (Shards of Crystal Doom) and told Thor each new challenge was worse than the one before (very classic moment too, to me).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just about one of my top 2 or 3 favorite Wanda moments. One other would be after the first time she defeated Ultron (Shards of Crystal Doom) and told Thor each new challenge was worse than the one before (very classic moment too, to me).
    Hello Oberon, Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread and Thanks for Sharing you Favorite Moments of Wanda! =)

Shards of Crystal Doom is indeed one of the Most Classic Moments for Wanda that allot of Fans Love and Here is Trip down that Epic Memory lane for you, Enjoy! :-)

From AVENGERS Vol. 1, Issue # 171!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

BANNED

Talking Happy Wanda Day!!!

Avengers #114 Aug 1973
    "Night of the Swordsman"
    As the Scarlet Witch mulls over the fact that her own brother is against her romance with the Vision,

she storms out of Avengers Mansion after watching a training session between Vision,
    Captain American and Iron Man when they refer to Vision as an android.
    In public, Wanda is gawked at by construction workers and she attacks them in a fury.
    When they retaliate they are stopped by Mantis who fights them off and brings Wanda back to Avengers Mansion.

There, she is joined by her partner, the Swordsman and both ask for membership in the Avengers.
    The idea is opposed at first, especially by Captain America given their past clashes with the Swordsman,
    but the other Avengers vote to give him and Mantis a chance as their ranks are depleted with the departure of Hawkeye and Quicksilver.

After training with the Avengers, Swordsman joins Mantis on the roof of the mansion where she uses her powers
    to summon the Lion God back to the Mansion, who immediately seeks to destroy the Black Panther once again.
    Mantis and Swordsman pretend to join forces with the Lion God until the Avengers are defeated, however Mantis manages to
    hypnotize the Lion God and commands him to walk into a device created by Tony Stark that would shunt him to another dimension.

The Swordsman and Mantis explain that they were aware of Lion God's presence due to the power of empathy that Mantis possesses
    and tricked the god into believing that they were against the Avengers. The Avengers thank them for their assistance,
    however, Captain America is not entirely sure that these two recruits don't have ulterior motives in joining the Avengers.

Script by Steve Englehart. Pencils by Bob Brown. Inks by Mike Esposito.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Welcome to The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread Force de Phenix!

Interesting Enough, This Issue was My 1st Every Avengers Comic I got specifically to start to get into Wanda back in 2001 after Reading The Infinity Gauntlet Series!

I was by Major Luck to it was this one cause of ALL the Backstory it goes into for Wanda, Indeed an Amazing COVER that Drew Me into it and the story is even more Amazing!

According to the sales chart, Infinity Wars Weapon Hex #2 sold 20,929 copies and ranked #103 is sales.

Wanda is one of the wizards who appear in this Silver Surfer video:
    https://www.cbr.com/contest-champions-silver-surfer/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 12-10-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers #114 Aug 1973
    "Night of the Swordsman"
    As the Scarlet Witch mulls over the fact that her own brother is against her romance with the Vision,

she storms out of Avengers Mansion after watching a training session between Vision,
    Captain American and Iron Man when they refer to Vision as an android.
    In public, Wanda is gawked at by construction workers and she attacks them in a fury.
    When they retaliate they are stopped by Mantis who fights them off and brings Wanda back to Avengers Mansion.

There, she is joined by her partner, the Swordsman and both ask for membership in the Avengers.
    The idea is opposed at first, especially by Captain America given their past clashes with the Swordsman,
    but the other Avengers vote to give him and Mantis a chance as their ranks are depleted with the departure of Hawkeye and Quicksilver.

After training with the Avengers, Swordsman joins Mantis on the roof of the mansion where she uses her powers
    to summon the Lion God back to the Mansion, who immediately seeks to destroy the Black Panther once again.
    Mantis and Swordsman pretend to join forces with the Lion God until the Avengers are defeated, however Mantis manages to
    hypnotize the Lion God and commands him to walk into a device created by Tony Stark that would shunt him to another dimension.

The Swordsman and Mantis explain that they were aware of Lion God's presence due to the power of empathy that Mantis possesses
    and tricked the god into believing that they were against the Avengers. The Avengers thank them for their assistance,
    however, Captain America is not entirely sure that these two recruits don't have ulterior motives in joining the Avengers.

Script by Steve Englehart. Pencils by Bob Brown. Inks by Mike Esposito.
    I remember that story--very good. But it did not show Wanda's powers well-- she was so angry, yet those human workmen would have beat her senseless had Mantis not been there. Shame how such a nice sweet sister start did not last between the two of them.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I remember that story--very good. But it did not show Wanda's powers well-- she was so angry, yet those human workmen would have beat her senseless had Mantis not been there. Shame how such a nice sweet sister start did not last between the two of them.
    Typical case of being depowered for the sake of plot. I’ll never get really used to that. The sheer number of times Wanda gets highjacked is ridiculous, especially later on when she is supposed to be better in close combat / self-defense.

Personally, I see her development with Mantis as a good thing, as it put Wanda’s angers towards “ordinary humans” to an end, since she needed to direct all anger she can spare towards Mantis, when Mantis tried to steal Vision away from her. At least that’s how I understand it.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda is one of the wizards who appear in this Silver Surfer video:
    https://www.cbr.com/contest-champions-silver-surfer/
    I had to rewatch it to make sure it was her. Here's the YouTube video, Wanda and the others appear at 1:19: I see Strange, Voodoo, Loki but don't recognize the one casting the yellow spell.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I had to rewatch it to make sure it was her. Here's the YouTube video, Wanda and the others appear at 1:19: I see Strange, Voodoo, Loki but don't recognize the one casting the yellow spell.

OMG.....Whoever Made this deserves a Reward and a Major Bonus~!

Honestly that felt less like a Game Trailer and More like a Movie Trailer for the Silver Surfer Himself, that was Epic ontop of Epic and Anyone that is a Silver Surfer Fan and I have greatly enjoyed him Myself, that Captured SO MUCH of what Made him SO Epic to So Many Fans!!!

It was an honor to see Wanda as part of the Guild of Magic Help Silver Surfur, This Made My Day, Thanks!

Cool

Scarlet Witch with Dragon!
    by daxiong

https://www.deviantart.com/daxiong/a...agon-469661613

Feeling the Christmas spirit already?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

CJStriker, meet Ashley Gosiengfiao, local (Filipina) cosplayer who did Wanda way back in 2012:

https://www.facebook.com/AshGosiengf...55743701919132

Ashley Gosiengfiao
    April 24 ·
    Because I'm so so excited to see Infinity War tomorrow, throwing back to that time I cosplayed as Wanda Maximoff in Italy.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    CJStriker, meet Ashley Gosiengfiao, local (Filipina) cosplayer who did Wanda way back in 2012:

https://www.facebook.com/AshGosiengf...55743701919132

Ashley Gosiengfiao
    April 24 ·
    Because I'm so so excited to see Infinity War tomorrow, throwing back to that time I cosplayed as Wanda Maximoff in Italy.

Amazing work