Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Hi there,
    little late I guess but here are my five favorite greatest moments of Wanda:

1) Her No more Phoenix moment with Hope Summers at the end of AvX. I especially like how she just approaches Hope, when all the other heroes didn’t know what to do. And the first thing she did wasn’t even by use of magic, it was just finding the right words for Hope. I presume she had good understanding, as she was in a similar position when being possessed by the Live Force. Also she had watched Dr. Doom being unable to let go of such a power. Also I like very much her sentence “You were right about me, I once started this whole mess, please let me help you end it”. One can only imagine what a relieve it must have been for Wanda to have at least some kind of closure for that.

2) The next one is far from being spectacular, it is just the young Jean Grey saying “Thank you” to Wanda (in Jean Grey #7). This after Wanda spend a day helping her ease her mind and regain self-confidence. It means so much more by contrast to their first encounter (All new X-Men, somewhere around 2013), where young Jean called Wanda a monster. Really shows what prejudice can arise against Wanda, and what a difference it can make just spending a day with her. By the way, by now I assume that Denis Hopeless knew about that first encounter, since later he referenced “All new X-Men”. It would have been a “must read” beforehand writing young Jean anyway.

3) Something I just recently found, don’t think it was in any character-summery I’ve seen. During the Kang - Dynasty, in the prison camp, which was closer to being a concentration camp, it think, her decision to stay behind for Wonderman’s escape, just to be absolutely sure that the ruse doesn’t get revealed and people would be killed as collective punishment. Also how she used the little strength she could muster through the inhibitor collar to heal the sick and wounded. In some way all this might be just as much worth as participating in the victory over Kang the Conqueror would have been. When the camp was liberated, it marked also one of the few times where it was shown ordinary people thanking Wanda.

4) At the very end of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” just the one second where she hovers down in the Avengers training facility, that somehow struck me. In hindsight I might define that as the moment of me becoming a fan. For the movie version, that is. Comics I had no idea back then.

5) Obvious choice: “Avengers: Infinity War”: Her unbearable decision to kill Vision on his demand, in a desperate attempt to save half the life of the universe. Also that she didn’t even flinch when a three meter man approaches her, seemingly unstoppable. Aside from the raw power, she showed so much strength in character it’s hard to comprehend.

https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-green-costume/

All about Wanda's green cover costume

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Hi there,

1) Her No more Phoenix moment with Hope Summers at the end of AvX. I especially like how she just approaches Hope, when all the other heroes didn’t know what to do. And the first thing she did wasn’t even by use of magic, it was just finding the right words for Hope. I presume she had good understanding, as she was in a similar position when being possessed by the Live Force. Also she had watched Dr. Doom being unable to let go of such a power. Also I like very much her sentence “You were right about me, I once started this whole mess, please let me help you end it”. One can only imagine what a relieve it must have been for Wanda to have at least some kind of closure for that.

2) The next one is far from being spectacular, it is just the young Jean Grey saying “Thank you” to Wanda (in Jean Grey #7). This after Wanda spend a day helping her ease her mind and regain self-confidence. It means so much more by contrast to their first encounter (All new X-Men, somewhere around 2013), where young Jean called Wanda a monster. Really shows what prejudice can arise against Wanda, and what a difference it can make just spending a day with her. By the way, by now I assume that Denis Hopeless knew about that first encounter, since later he referenced “All new X-Men”. It would have been a “must read” beforehand writing young Jean anyway.

3) Something I just recently found, don’t think it was in any character-summery I’ve seen. During the Kang - Dynasty, in the prison camp, which was closer to being a concentration camp, it think, her decision to stay behind for Wonderman’s escape, just to be absolutely sure that the ruse doesn’t get revealed and people would be killed as collective punishment. Also how she used the little strength she could muster through the inhibitor collar to heal the sick and wounded. In some way all this might be just as much worth as participating in the victory over Kang the Conqueror would have been. When the camp was liberated, it marked also one of the few times where it was shown ordinary people thanking Wanda.

4) At the very end of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” just the one second where she hovers down in the Avengers training facility, that somehow struck me. In hindsight I might define that as the moment of me becoming a fan. For the movie version, that is. Comics I had no idea back then.

5) Obvious choice: “Avengers: Infinity War”: Her unbearable decision to kill Vision on his demand, in a desperate attempt to save half the life of the universe. Also that she didn’t even flinch when a three meter man approaches her, seemingly unstoppable. Aside from the raw power, she showed so much strength in character it’s hard to comprehend.
    Some really nice choices, hope you checked out the list

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Hi there,

Yeah, I love MCU Wanda has her own gentler " superhero landing."

As for Kang Dynasty, I was like "you sure you don't want to pick up your acting dream again, because you got the talent girl."

Elizabeth Olsen is in Chicago yesterday and today. Her panel with Tom Hiddleton is today.
    DpaOMLJVsAAGZ32.jpg

DpayQKLUwAUtav5.jpg

This is awesome! Love I could totally see Wanda wearing this in universe.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Tom Hiddleton and Elizabeth Olsen interview each other
    https://www.facebook.com/ACEcomiccon...0567812441896/
    DpfwhSfWwAA8m9b.jpg

I quit Academy when they made it too difficult to get her. She was all I wanted from the start of that game. They finally had her and she was locked behind an RNG cash-grab.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think she meant it would be worse for everyone, not just her.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think she meant it would be worse for everyone, not just her.
    I want Wanda and Vision to be happy, is that too much to ask?