Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Well, Stan and Jack made an unusual choice by introducing Wanda and Pietro as supervillains who weren't actually villains and were obviously going to switch sides at some point. And then Stan took another risk by putting them on the Avengers to replace the original heroes. Obviously Jack Kirby and her main Avengers artist Don Heck deserve a lot of credit for what we like about her, but Stan did well by her overall.
    Thank Stan for giving Wanda a chance to be what she is today. He will be missed.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    RIP Stan Lee
    Hard to tell after all those years how much he was involved in the “creation” of Wanda, but without him we for sure had nothing to talk about here
    He will be missed
    Agreed, Stan helped to Create an Iconic and Deep character showing that a young lady from such a poor and hard life while at 1st ending up on the wrong side of the law for a moment could become one of Earth's Greatest Female Champions!

We owe Stan Lee for SO MUCH it can never be truly counted or given Enough Thanks.

God Bless You Stan Lee, you are now with the Love of your life again and you left a legacy that will be imprinted on us for ours and many generations to come, Their is not enough to say how much you will be missed.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Thank you Stan The Man Lee for bringing Wanda into the world, and let's not forget Jack The King Kirby.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Thank you Stan The Man Lee for bringing Wanda into the world, and let's not forget Jack The King Kirby.

Indeed well said for both men Leokearon and seeing these origin works of Wanda's 1st appearance just makes me Appreciated them both SO MUCH more for who they where and the Lady in Red they gave us and her one of a kind unique character they made her become.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I can vividly remember when I found out that Wanda is an interesting character from the very first page! Back then I didn’t know much about her, I plain locked up in Wikipedia when her first appearance was.

I guess its save to assume that Jack Kirby played a significant, if not the main role in creating Wanda. From what I’ve heard one of Stan Lee’s best attributes was bringing the right people together and to bring the best out of them.

For what it’s worth, Wanda is in this list of Stan Lee’s 15 greatest creations:

https://www.watson.de/leben/kino/386...en-superhelden

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The proper build for a Wanda Fan is to max out your "Disappointment Management" or your will have low survivability.
    Sorry, played a bunch of RPG games lately.
    That’s a good one, I might try to make that my guideline.

A Stan Lee tribute from BossLogic
    Dr-vij9U4AAcADo.jpg

BANNED

Avengers #113 Jul 1973
    "Your Young Men Shall Slay Visions!"
    After making repairs to the Statue of Liberty, a spectator is upset by the image of
    the Scarlet Witch a mutant and the Vision an android sharing a loving embrace.
    As this development gets media coverage, the Avengers begin getting hate mail as well.
    Meanwhile, the man who watched the spectacle has organized a group of like-minded people
    who think that romance between a mutant and an android is an insult to god, band together

and become The Living Bombs, a group of extremists strapped with bombs that are set off by detonators on the top of their helmets.

Later, the Avengers make short work of a bunch of thugs terrorizing a neighborhood.
    After the battle, one of the members of the Living Bombs manages to get
    close to the Vision and detonate her bomb, seriously injuring the android.
    The Avengers take him to Stark Industries, where Tony Stark attempts to heal him.
    The Living Bombs learn of this and attack the Stark Industries building in hopes of destroying the Vision, however, they are opposed by the Avengers.
    The Avengers manage to stop the Living Bombs from destroying the Vision, however,
    all the members end up blowing themselves up when caught in a tornado created by Thor.

After the battle's climax, Tony Stark informs the Avengers that the Vision will pull through, much to the relief of his comrades.
    Wanda, however, is angry that everyone seems to be against her romance with the Vision and storms out.
    Avengers Lineup: Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Thor and the Vision.
    Note: This issue was published in 1973 and may have been ahead of its time.

Script by Steve Englehart. Pencils by Bob Brown. Inks by Frank Bolle.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I really hope that the Vision and Scarlet Witch series – if such a series is actually being made – includes this storyline, since it obviously has symbolism/commentary on real world issues with tolerance. I also kinda like it because it shows that Wanda isn’t a Saint, how it is when she is seriously upset. There just might be the harshest words she ever said when not being under mind-control.

Love the wimple!

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I really hope that the Vision and Scarlet Witch series – if such a series is actually being made – includes this storyline, since it obviously has symbolism/commentary on real world issues with tolerance. I also kinda like it because it shows that Wanda isn’t a Saint, how it is when she is seriously upset. There just might be the harshest words she ever said when not being under mind-control.
    From the following issues Avengers Vol 1 # 114

Extraordinary Member

Still kinda weird to see Wanda called Frank.
    The days when street thugs were totally aware of the heroes' long lost parents, also the official name of heroes' attack moves. (Not that hex is a difficult word to come up with.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Still kinda weird to see Wanda called Frank.
    The days when street thugs were totally aware of the heroes' long lost parents, also the official name of heroes' attack moves. (Not that hex is a difficult word to come up with.)
    The pig was referring to his friend Frank not Wanda.

Well the Avengers powers aren't exactly secret. Also I'm surprised Wanda changed her clothes most often this was the time when putting a coat over your costume was considered a "civilian" identity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The pig was referring to his friend Frank not Wanda.

Well the Avengers powers aren't exactly secret. Also I'm surprised Wanda changed her clothes most often this was the time when putting a coat over your costume was considered a "civilian" identity.
    Crap, didn't see the release date, my bad.
    I kinda fall into the mindset of Hotel receptionist in Transia addressing Wanda as Miss Frank.

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #1 (OF 10)
    AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) • PACO MEDINA (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Hidden Gem Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS
    VARIANT COVER by ADAM HUGHES
    CONNECTING VARIANT BY MICO SUAYAN (1 of 3)
    VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    VARIANT COVER BY JUAN FERREYRA
    The team that brought you AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER REUNITES for an all-new weekly AVENGERS adventure!
    Night has fallen across the universe. Now seven Avengers — and one new addition — journey forth to bring back the light. But when the threat they face has destroyed even the gods…will anyone make it home?
    LEGACY #708
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99