Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Here we are Wanda's top 10 moments voted by the fans. We are now unto numbers 8 +7

8. Witch of Iron (Avengers Vol 3 # 2)
    Following the whole Heroes Reborn Vol 2 Avengers run (which is awful), the Avengers were given to Kurt Busiek and George Perez bring the team back to its best. Perez as always said Wanda was one of his favourite characters to draw and given the amount of times Wanda is placed in revealing outfits and bondage by him during this run alone… Well I let you draw your own conclusions. In the opening storyline of their run, the villainous Morgan Le Fay kidnaps Wanda and with power of the Twilight Sword of Surtur and the Norn Stones; rewrites reality to a medieval setting. Wanda isn’t affected and locked in Morgan’s dungeon, where she uses her powers to try and break the Avengers free of the spell (as shown by the Cap/Hawkeye interaction) it also as an unexpected result. The main panel shows how much Wanda had grown, from a woman who tying her up negated her powers to now being able to still help her teammates. Also, if Bendis had bothered to read the caption text; Disassembled would have had happened.

7. No More Phoenix (Avengers Vs X-Men #12)

Avengers Vs X-Men was part of Wanda’s redemption storyline, that started with Children’s Crusade and well to be honest, the whole story is terrible, everything from the fight’s reason, to some nonsense about the Iron Fist and the Phoenix and the whole written/drawn by committee feel. Still the basic gist is that Hope the Mutant Messiah is being targeted by the Phoenix because she’s a redhead or something. In the end, she does become the new Phoenix host, but with the help of Wanda, who can somehow hurt the Phoenix and becomes one of Hope’s many mentors in the story, helps her to overcome the Cosmic Chicken, erase it from existence (which annoyingly doesn’t stick) and restart mutantkind.
    "Because she is a redhead or something" cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
    Is Chris Cayco drawing Wanda for some type of project?

Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson have a reunion at Toronto Film Festival
    DmqUBZ8VsAASfpM.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-09-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    "Because she is a redhead or something" cracked me up.
    Thanks, I hope to finish the rest of the results this week

Default The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments (5 +6)

We hit the halfway point with moments 6 +5

6. Taking out Starro (JLA/Avengers #1)
    Starro the Star Conquer was the Justice League’s first foe; a giant space starfish who could create numerous probes which if they latched onto someone, that person would be under its control as Starro wants total order. In the epic JLA/Avengers, Starro arrives in Earth 616 and confused starts launching probes. The probes take over the She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Triathlon, Quicksilver, Thor and many others. Eventually the Vision learning that Starro craves order, places a probe on Wanda whose Chaos Magic sends the Star Conquer literally flying.

5. Dropping a Meteor (Giant Sized Avengers #2)
    Wanda’s Hexes can sometimes be seen has lazy writing sometimes it could be seen as a Deus Ex Machina. Usually Wanda would fire off a hex and something exploded, or something gave way to help the team. Sometimes though something really improbable happens. Wanda along with Mantis and Agatha Harkness have been kidnapped by Kang as he believes one of them is the Celestial Madonna and he wants to marry her, (Spoiler: It’s Mantis, though I would have loved to see Kang’s face if it was Agatha). To stop the Avengers from rescuing them, he managed to also capture Vision, Iron Man and Thor and place them within Macrobots. Eventually Wanda and co are freed along with the Vision and Iron Man, but the Thor Macrobot seems to be unstoppable. That is until Wanda uses a Hex which drags a meteor from orbit that strikes the Thor Macrobot, stopping it and allowing Thor to be freed.

Upper Deck 2018 card.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-10-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

To me, it would still feel forced, they would need some intereaction together before she appears as a main character in Dr. Strange 2
    To start with, I can't see her being at all happy about the Time Stone shenanigans.

I think they will have some interaction in the latter part of Avengers 4, but I think Wanda will only interact with 3 characters, two of them likely being Vision and Hawkeye. I dont think she will train with him as he knows nothing about her powers regardless of whether they are Cosmic or Chaos Magic. Either way, Strange is unqualified, and other people's emotions are something he has poor grasp of.

They will IMHO work together in DS2 out of necessity, I think Mordo will attack Wanda and that a where the team up happens.

Wanda, in narrative terms, enables an exploration of the Elder God mythos and origin of the mystic arts that is relevant and meaningful by being personal.
    Last edited by Relugus; 09-11-2018 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Rewrite

Extraordinary Member

Still pissed that Wanda got the famous and "awesome" story which is HoM.
    I am kinda done with explaining, just straight out claiming it's crap and if they love Wanda they should learn more.

Still pissed that Wanda got the famous and "awesome" story which is HoM.
    I am kinda done with explaining, just straight out claiming it's crap and if they love Wanda they should learn more.
    Well luckily people here know better as shown from The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments speaking of which...

Default The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments (3 +4)

Just two away for the top;

4. Marrying the Vision (Giant Size Avengers #4)

Of course, this should be on the list. The ceremony may have been legally dubious, but it sealed one of the Avengers and Marvel’s (if not comics) best romances. Wanda and Vision proved that love could overcome any boundary. It led to great moments like the two trying to live a normal life complete with kids. It was a shame John Byrne wrecked the marriage just, so he could rehash Dark Phoenix and make Wanda single again for horny fans who thought fantasising over married women was wrong. Annoyingly no-one bothered to undo Byrne’s mess and their interaction in JLA/Avengers tormented fans with what should have been.

3. Trashing Ultron (Avengers Vol 1 #161 + #171)
    Ultron is one of the Avengers greatest foes. With a mind based off Hank Pym and an indestructible body, Ultron has done numerous diabolical acts since he appeared in Avengers Vol 1 #54. Thanks to his Adamantium body, Ultron can easily withstand attacks from the Avengers’ powerhouses like Thor, Vision and Wonderman. In these two famous examples, Ultron has attempted to create a wife, fuelled by his Oedipus complex, based on the Wasp called Jocasta. In the first outing Wanda’s powers wreck Ultron until Cap gets in the way. The second time, Ultron knowing she is a threat, imprisons Wanda in a nightmarish room, but she is rescued by Ms. Marvel and another trashing happens.

Extraordinary Member

Well luckily people here know better as shown from The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments speaking of which...
    Well, it's just me periodically running into Reddit comments.
    The thing I hate most is forcing some themes ,agendas on a character who has nothing to do with those.
    I don't know, maybe some people just like OP crazy plus attractive lady, or daddy's girl, etc, etc. It feels like tropes are more appealing than characters themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Just two away for the top;

4. Marrying the Vision (Giant Size Avengers #4)

Of course, this should be on the list. The ceremony may have been legally dubious, but it sealed one of the Avengers and Marvel’s (if not comics) best romances. Wanda and Vision proved that love could overcome any boundary. It led to great moments like the two trying to live a normal life complete with kids. It was a shame John Byrne wrecked the marriage just, so he could rehash Dark Phoenix and make Wanda single again for horny fans who thought fantasising over married women was wrong. Annoyingly no-one bothered to undo Byrne’s mess and their interaction in JLA/Avengers tormented fans with what should have been.

3. Trashing Ultron (Avengers Vol 1 #161 + #171)
    Ultron is one of the Avengers greatest foes. With a mind based off Hank Pym and an indestructible body, Ultron has done numerous diabolical acts since he appeared in Avengers Vol 1 #54. Thanks to his Adamantium body, Ultron can easily withstand attacks from the Avengers’ powerhouses like Thor, Vision and Wonderman. In these two famous examples, Ultron has attempted to create a wife, fuelled by his Oedipus complex, based on the Wasp called Jocasta. In the first outing Wanda’s powers wreck Ultron until Cap gets in the way. The second time, Ultron knowing she is a threat, imprisons Wanda in a nightmarish room, but she is rescued by Ms. Marvel and another trashing happens.
    Ultron family certainly contributed a lot to this list.

Well, it's just me periodically running into Reddit comments.
    The thing I hate most is forcing some themes ,agendas on a character who has nothing to do with those.
    I don't know, maybe some people just like OP crazy plus attractive lady, or daddy's girl, etc, etc. It feels like tropes are more appealing than characters themselves.
    Yeah. HOM and Disassembled should never have been written, especially given it was by a guy who couldn't be bothered doing the research

Ultron family certainly contributed a lot to this list.
    Not surprising to be honest

One of my absolute favorite Avengers stories of all time.

Just a quick heads-up, the top 2 Wanda moments will be up later today