Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Not much activity here, but then there's not much to talk about. It's another very frustrating time to be a Scarlet Witch fan. No comic appearances outside of occasionally popping up in that Quicksilver mini, no settled future in the MCU and nowhere she can clearly go after next year... it's just waiting, waiting, waiting.

I even got into an argument with someone who claims the MCU versions of Wanda and Pietro are "whitewashed," which I almost never do (she's not whitewashed but if people would prefer her to be Roma I shouldn't tell them not to want what they want), so I think I'm just letting my concern over her future get to me. I would like to talk more about what she's doing but she isn't doing anything.

I personally don't think she'll be in the Doctor Strange sequel; if they were going to meet I feel like Infinity War would have had a line where Strange is aware of her existence (since she is a public figure). So I really have no idea where she can go. It would bother me less if she were doing anything in the comics though.
    Well, the "energy signature" thing (meaning the sorcerers would not sense her, and besides they don't know Chaos Magic exists so how would they know) and Vision referring to a "sufficient power source". She blocked at least one of Thanos's stones AND destroyed the Mind Stone. That suggests an enormous power source.

Consider that Eye of Agamotto controls the Eye and The Other controlled the sceptre, and you have a possible mystical explabation for Wanda's power over the Mind Stone.

Personally I've always felt Strange would meet her in Avengers 4 rather than Infinity War, given the latter movie sets up Phase 4, and the focus of IW was always going to be her relationship with Vision.

As far as Strange's conflict with Mordo goes, Wanda is IMHO the perfect catalyst to escalate their division in a believable way.

Extraordinary Member

I don't believe Chaos Magic will ever be more than a fan theory (and I'm not sure I would want it to be). The MCU likes simple origins. Wanda got her power from the Mind Stone, and she can destroy it with the same energy frequency really seems to be the explanation they would probably prefer, given how little they want to explain powers.

And no, I didn't expect her to meet Strange in Avengers 3, but I did figure that if they intended them to ever meet, they would show that Strange is aware of her. She is a public figure who has been shown on the news using her powers, so Strange presumably knows who Wanda Maximoff is and what she can do, but they haven't indicated that he does, which suggests to me that they don't want her to be seen as doing the same thing that Strange does. In other words I think they're going to stick to the traditional comics idea that she is a mutant whose powers resemble magic but aren't.

Fantastic Member

I don't believe Chaos Magic will ever be more than a fan theory (and I'm not sure I would want it to be). The MCU likes simple origins. Wanda got her power from the Mind Stone, and she can destroy it with the same energy frequency really seems to be the explanation they would probably prefer, given how little they want to explain powers.

And no, I didn't expect her to meet Strange in Avengers 3, but I did figure that if they intended them to ever meet, they would show that Strange is aware of her. She is a public figure who has been shown on the news using her powers, so Strange presumably knows who Wanda Maximoff is and what she can do, but they haven't indicated that he does, which suggests to me that they don't want her to be seen as doing the same thing that Strange does. In other words I think they're going to stick to the traditional comics idea that she is a mutant whose powers resemble magic but aren't.
    The problem with her powers being so heavily tied to the Mind Stone is it means that once the Infinity Stones story is over (And it will likely be over; Phase 4 will be a new era) so too is Wanda's story. Her being neither cosmic nor mystic nor street level means theres's the problem that she fits in absolutely nowhere in the MCU.
    When you tie a character to a macguffin, they rarely survive the loss of the macguffin.

What's been most annoying to me is that her presence in Infinity War yielded no boost for 616 Wanda, meanwhile any character who appears in a movie gets pushed heavily, and don't get me started on the numerous articles calling her an X-Men character despite her long history with the Avengers.
    Last edited by Relugus; 08-20-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

This may have been posted in the old appreciation thread, but I'll post it here anyway so that we can all (re-)read it.

Top 20 Most OP Things Scarlet Witch Has Ever Done
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    The problem with her powers being so heavily tied to the Mind Stone is it means that once the Infinity Stones story is over (And it will likely be over; Phase 4 will be a new era) so too is Wanda's story. Her being neither cosmic nor mystic nor street level means theres's the problem that she fits in absolutely nowhere in the MCU.
    When you tie a character to a macguffin, they rarely survive the loss of the macguffin.
    That's not what worries me. If they want to use a character they will make up reasons to use her, if they don't, they won't. If her powers stopped working after the stones got destroyed (I don't think this will happen), it would be because they didn't want to use her again, not because they were compelled to by story logic.

What's been most annoying to me is that her presence in Infinity War yielded no boost for 616 Wanda, meanwhile any character who appears in a movie gets pushed heavily, and don't get me started on the numerous articles calling her an X-Men character despite her long history with the Avengers.
    A lot of this is probably her being classified as an X-character for merchandising purposes, but also, MCU synergy does seem to have lessened at Marvel. They no longer put Black Widow and Hawkeye on every Avengers lineup, for example. It's just another example of Wanda's weird luck that she got into the MCU just as there was less pressure to have the comics lineup match the MCU lineup.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'll close this next week, to give people more time
    Thanks for that update, I will have my List Indeed Before Then, sorry with being behind on it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Not much activity here, but then there's not much to talk about. It's another very frustrating time to be a Scarlet Witch fan. No comic appearances outside of occasionally popping up in that Quicksilver mini, no settled future in the MCU and nowhere she can clearly go after next year... it's just waiting, waiting, waiting.

I even got into an argument with someone who claims the MCU versions of Wanda and Pietro are "whitewashed," which I almost never do (she's not whitewashed but if people would prefer her to be Roma I shouldn't tell them not to want what they want), so I think I'm just letting my concern over her future get to me. I would like to talk more about what she's doing but she isn't doing anything.

I personally don't think she'll be in the Doctor Strange sequel; if they were going to meet I feel like Infinity War would have had a line where Strange is aware of her existence (since she is a public figure). So I really have no idea where she can go. It would bother me less if she were doing anything in the comics though.
    I always have the double mindset of "beggars can't be choosers" and "not good enough".
    I have my frustration about MCU but that is one of the best things Wanda got for years. So I don't take certain "comic Wanda so good, MCU ruin it" kindly, especially when those people are from certain large fanbase.
    Like "how can you eat scraps and leftovers, where is your dignity?" that kind of thing, that is basically what I feel when people slams something that they didn't really care about.
    I just care about benefits and interests for the most part.
    I got a lot of other distractions, I guess I can wait, still, doesn't stop the frustration when I check the releasing issues.
    Also nice to see everyone back at the new thread.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-20-2018 at 09:36 PM.

I am hoping for a Midnight Sons title in Tuesday’s November solicits. That is where I want Wanda to appear other than Avengers. Also, I think in September we will get an announcement that Wanda will be part of the cast of Doctor Strange 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Thanks for that update, I will have my List Indeed Before Then, sorry with being behind on it.
    That's fine, hopefully more people will also add their lists.

That's not what worries me. If they want to use a character they will make up reasons to use her, if they don't, they won't. If her powers stopped working after the stones got destroyed (I don't think this will happen), it would be because they didn't want to use her again, not because they were compelled to by story logic.

A lot of this is probably her being classified as an X-character for merchandising purposes, but also, MCU synergy does seem to have lessened at Marvel. They no longer put Black Widow and Hawkeye on every Avengers lineup, for example. It's just another example of Wanda's weird luck that she got into the MCU just as there was less pressure to have the comics lineup match the MCU lineup.
    If she lost her powers, it could led to her going on a quest to get them back = solo movie

Wanda isn't an X-character in merchandising she's an Avenger. She appears in Avenger lines not X-Men and you aren't allowed to cross pollinate lines.

What do you guys think of this fan theory:
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...ins-x-men-mcu/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    What do you guys think of this fan theory:
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...ins-x-men-mcu/
    Wanda blamed for mutantkind's problems. No thanks.

avengers 700 cover variant

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    avengers 700 cover variant
    On the first cover, I like it that Wanda is closer to the front than Carol or Natasha.
    The second cover is an Arthur Adams remake of Avengers #100 cover.
    Original George Perez art is always appreciated.
    I hope that Wanda appears in the issue.