Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-no-road-h...the-barbarian/
    AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #6

The all-new weekly Avengers event continues in March with an epic story from Al Ewing, Mark Waid, and Jim Zub, with art by Sean Izaakse and Paco Medina – and the famed barbarian himself is slashing his way into the Marvel Universe in AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME!
    It all starts when The Scarlet Witch enters the Hyborian Age, and continues when the Avengers take their fight to the Queen of the Night! And while Conan and the Avengers will fight together, the question remains…whose side is Conan really on?
    It’s an action-filled, jam-packed story that you won’t want to miss, and it all starts in AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #6 – when the Marvel Universe will be forever changed, by Crom!
    Written by AL EWING, MARK WAID, JIM ZUB
    Art by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    On Sale 3/20/19
    The Best Things in Life are the Things You Never Knew You Wanted!

That is Serious Awesome and More Awesome is that is it Wanda adding to her Legacy now of fighting Alongside a Legend Like Conan!

Wanda just Keeps getting more and more well deserved props and character legacy!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

It's nice to know the other hobbies of fellow Wanda fans.

Also the preview, wouldn't be the first time Wanda deals with Roy Thomas's barbarian character.

I don't know much about Conan's treatment of women, but I hope he doesn't do anything to Wanda...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know much about Conan's treatment of women, but I hope he doesn't do anything to Wanda...
    They have a mutual enemy in Set, though.

Not the first time the Avengers entered the Hyborian Age,

Extraordinary Member

Wait, why is her cape yellow?

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Did - not - see that teamup coming :O
    I remember the “Conan the Barbarian” movies, loved them in my childhood.
    Wanda might make a good Red Sonja substitute, except for using magic.
    It sounds more and more that Wanda gets some serious storyline in that event.
    In that regard, a few months ago I wouldn’t have thought that I would be more exited about a comic book event than Avengers 4, but that’s how it is now, with the latter giving nothing but the sheer fact that she is supposed to be in there somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ha! I didn’t noticed until you mentioned it. Maybe adapting to the outfits of that time?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Not the first time the Avengers entered the Hyborian Age,
    Indeed. Verily.

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-08-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's done pretty well with Red Sonja but she's a swordswoman. A witch, on the other hand, but I think after some apprehensions and misunderstandings, they'll work together fine.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Wanda was also the one who performed the spell that brought Arkon, the Avengers' resident Conan knockoff, to the Avengers' world. (He immediately kidnapped her to be his queen because that's what Arkon always does.)

I hope the writers throw in a joke or two about how the Avengers will think of Conan as an Arkon knockoff, much as they thought the JLA were just a ripoff of the Squadron Supreme.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wanda was also the one who performed the spell that brought Arkon, the Avengers' resident Conan knockoff, to the Avengers' world. (He immediately kidnapped her to be his queen because that's what Arkon always does.)

I hope the writers throw in a joke or two about how the Avengers will think of Conan as an Arkon knockoff, much as they thought the JLA were just a ripoff of the Squadron Supreme.

Well, isn't Arkon kinda Roy Thomas's experiment character before he did comic version of Conan?

Extraordinary Member

Well, isn't Arkon kinda Roy Thomas's experiment character before he did comic version of Conan?
    Yes, and also an excuse for John Buscema to draw Conan even though Stan Lee wouldn't give him the Conan assignment.

But anyway in the Avengers universe Arkon pretty much is Conan, complete with a big movie that Simon Williams had a part in, so Conan might seem like a cheap copy to them at first.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    On top of news of Scarlet Witch's series, DC is discussing a Zatanna movie.

A lot of people online are upset at the title of Wanda's show. Here is an article about that.

Scarlet Witch is Finally Getting Her Own TV Series…So Why Does Vision Get Top Billing?
    https://www.themarysue.com/scarlet-witch-title/

I wonder if Quicksilver will come back to life for the series.
    Realty has been altered. The very same article from “Deadline” that reported the title to be “Vision and the Scarlet Witch” now reads instead: “... has played Scarlet Witch as a supporting character ... . The character will be a title character ...”
    https://deadline.com/2018/11/spider-...ns-1202485612/

Also, a Website called “Zimbio” made a list “Predicting The Most Anticipated New Shows Of 2019”, were the Scarlet Witch series ranks on place 5!
    http://www.zimbio.com/Predicting+The...+working+title
    I have no idea how meaningful or credible this site is, but it isn’t about comic book related things only, nor does this list consist of comic book based series only. In that regard I find this quite remarkable.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Well..........IF Kurt Busiek was writing this I am sure he would do something like that, he already did in #1 of JLA/AVENGERS!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Maybe it's the Vision's