Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think Wanda even needs that high of a budget. Her power signature on the MCU is, sadly, quite basic. Not that different from what The Gifted does with Polaris for example...
    Even if her powers are relatively easy to create, the thing is how Wanda would use them (and also how Vision would use his, 'cause he's going to be there too). The fact that these shows were reported as having a big budget that rivals those of movie studios tells me we might have action scenes that happen on a pretty epic and big scale. Think of Wanda during the battle of Wakanda on Avengers: Infinity War, for example. If they want to do action scenes like that, then it makes sense that the budget would be bigger than what you have on your average superhero TV show.

I love it .
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, Vision will probably be in human form to keep costs down.
    AKA Martian Manhunter syndrome .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Even if her powers are relatively easy to create, the thing is how Wanda would use them (and also how Vision would use his, 'cause he's going to be there too). The fact that these shows were reported as having a big budget that rivals those of movie studios tells me we might have action scenes that happen on a pretty epic and big scale. Think of Wanda during the battle of Wakanda on Avengers: Infinity War, for example. If they want to do action scenes like that, then it makes sense that the budget would be bigger than what you have on your average superhero TV show.
    It also probably might be a factor for the villain, like if they use High Evolutionary or even Cthon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

AKA Martian Manhunter syndrome .
    Yeah, but at least, he does get to be himself when the fights happen

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen's show Sorry For Your Loss will get a second season of Facebook
    https://theplaylist.net/sorry-loss-f...medium=twitter

Olsen now has two streaming shows next year, Scarlet Witch and Sorry For Your Loss.
    Do we know for sure the SW series is coming next year? I know Disney+ is debuting next year, but I haven't read anything about a debut date for that particular series.
    We absolutely do not know for sure that it's coming next year. Disney hasn't even officially announced anything except the Loki series. It will take some time before we really know what this series is going to be or when it will appear.
    I thought so. I mean, specially if it's a big budget series like it was first reported, then they need more time for post-production and all of that. It's not very wise to rush a production, or you can end up with stuff like the Inhumans TV show. I'm fine with waiting a little longer for the show if it means they're gonna take their time to make it good.
    The news about Loki and Scarlet Witch spread like a wildfire, and apparently on several lines the info that it is technically just a rumor got lost. There are several article by now that read as if the Scarlet Witch one is confirmed as well. Aside from the confirmation of Loki, if I understood it right, MARVEL confirmed that there will be several series. So at least the confirmation of Loki doesn’t rule the Scarlet Witch series out. I guess the issue here is the same as always: They will not commit to something like a series while she is a shared rights character. While the merger is now almost certain, it is not a done deal yet. Loki of course has no such problem. Aside from that, Loki and Wanda only share the minor problem of both being currently dead.

That Series renewal I find quite surprising. The view numbers were very poor. But than again it was clearly due to bad distribution, as can be seen in the extreme fluctuations. I doubt that Elizabeth Olsen will reprise her role though, due to the contend, unless she is supposed to be an actual “Black Widow”.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think Wanda even needs that high of a budget. Her power signature on the MCU is, sadly, quite basic. Not that different from what The Gifted does with Polaris for example...
    MCU Scarlet Witch does have decent flight scenes though. Polaris in “Gifted” only levitates a bit, and only very rarely. Anyhow, one doesn’t need a huge budged to visualize a variety of spells, see “Willow” in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.

Mark brooks sketch progress

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wanda related March solicits

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #4 (OF 10)
    AL EWING, MARK WAID & JIM ZUB (W) SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER by MARKO DJURDJEVIC (1 OF 4)
    THE ALL-NEW WEEKLY AVENGERS EVENT CONTINUES!
    Who is the Queen of Night? What brought Nyx to wage war on the gods themselves? Witness the origin of the Avengers’ latest, greatest foe!
    LEGACY #711
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #5 (OF 10)
    AL EWING, JIM ZUB & MARK WAID (W) SEAN IZAAKSE (A)
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER by MARKO DJURDJEVIC (2 OF 4)
    THE ALL-NEW WEEKLY AVENGERS EVENT CONTINUES!As the Scarlet Witch works to escape Nyx’s prison of darkness, the Hulk takes on Hypnos, Lord of Sleep, in the realm of Nightmare!
    LEGACY #712
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME #6 & 7 (OF 10)
    AL EWING, MARK WAID & JIM ZUB (W)
    Issue #6 - Welcome to the Hyborian Age, Wanda Maximoff — hope you survive the experience!
    An extra-long Conan epic like you’ve never seen before!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Good to see Wanda having her own journey.

A Diamond Select Toys release! Avengers Assemble! The Scarlet Witch joins her teammates in the Marvel Premier Collection with this decidedly classic take on the hex-casting heroine! Wearing her timeless red-and-pink costume, Wanda Maximoff casts a spell as pink energy swirls around her feet. Standing approximately 11" tall, this resin statue is limited to only 3,000 pieces, and comes packaged in a full-color, hand-numbered window box with a certificate of authenticity. Designed by Uriel Caton, sculpted by Alejandro Pereira.

I really wish they'd do a figure of her current comics costume. They always do 70s or movies. And I'm not against those, but I want to buy the one in my favorite costume.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I saw someone point out that Aaron's "Conan" series includes a character called the "Crimson Witch," which suggests that they might be coming up with yet another Scarlet Witch ancestor. So the March solicit, same month that Wanda goes back in time to meet Conan, says:

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #4
    JASON AARON (W) • GERARDO ZAFFINO (A) • Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    Variant Cover by GREG SMALLWOOD
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY MARK BROOKS
    KING CONAN REIGNS AS “THE LIFE AND DEATH OF CONAN” CONTINUES!
    • A hard-fought life has rewarded CONAN with the crown of Aquilonia…
    • But even a monarch must face the cold embrace of death!
    • The legendary adventure continues as the CRIMSON WITCH makes good on her threat to King Conan!
    • PLUS: The next chapter in the ALL-NEW Conan novella “BLACK STARLIGHT,” begun in issue #1!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    That could be a coincidence but it sure doesn't sound like one.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

LOL
    I just recently wrote here:
    ...and apparently on several lines the info that it is technically just a rumor got lost. There are several article by now that read as if the Scarlet Witch one is confirmed as well.
    And now, right here:
    https://www.cbr.com/want-dont-scarlet-witch-and-vision/
    The Marvel Studios announcements have been just as exciting with a Loki show, as well as a show starring Scarlet Witch and Vision.
    Yes, that’s what I meant.

Nevertheless, I am quite happy with the list. Only disagree with:
    Nanotech for Vision. He is already unique the way he is. No need for an “upgrade”.
    I see no issue with a Wedding, since for real it’s completely up to the writers whether it’s a disaster.
    Not exactly disagree with a human Jarvis, but I was just thinking, what if the Jarvis-KI was based on the mind of a man call Simon Williams?
    I do agree that “House of M” shouldn’t be there, but not with the reasoning. Its not that the series isn’t the place for it – nowhere is. This story belongs buried and forgotten.
    Same for Avengers Disassembled, of course.
    There is one mistake hidden in it all: That Scarlet Witch controlled Vision didn’t happened in AvX, there it was mentioned. Were it did happen and were this mentioning refers to was of course AD.
    Still, makes for a good Christmas wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    ... includes a character called the "Crimson Witch," which suggests that they might be coming up with yet another Scarlet Witch ancestor. ...
    In “Wolverine and the X-Men”, Mojo once falsely announced her as the Crimson Witch. She did not like it.

Fantastic Member

I don't think there is going to be an issue with schedule clash, as the second series of Sorry For Your Loss will likely film long before the rumoured Vision & Scarlet Witch series even gets its boots on.
    That article, saying the Disney Plus show would air next year, clearly presumed that just because that's when Disney launches, but I seriously doubt they could get it through post-production in such a short time. Consider this; if they film this series (which, Incidentally does not yet have a writer(s) confirmed) in, say, March/April/May, they would only have something like four to five months to complete VFX and post production, that would lead to a painfully rushed and potentially shoddy looking show to shove into the launch of Disney Plus. No, I think it will show up in 2020. In fact, I think it's possible that the Bucky and Falcon series will air close to the release of the Black Widow solo, while the Wanda and Vision series could well be aired close to Doctor Strange 2.

I think almost certainly that there is concept art of the series at Marvel Studios, and Feige and Co have structured an outline of the story and character arcs, but I think it's still in the early stages of development. By the time the show goes into production, they will likely be able to use Fox characters. The popular opinion on YouTube vids is that the show will be used to introduce Magneto, but I actually think Kevin Feige is much more interested in Agatha Harkness, not least because it gives him a means to bring back Tilda Swinton's Ancient One in an interesting and fun way.

As for the scale of the series, a big set-piece might be, say, N'Garai attacking New Salem, a visual set-piece might be Wundagore Mountain contorting and warping, in terms of powers, we could see Agatha train Wanda to use the "Witch's Sight", to see into her own past, Vision looking back into his memories, trying to understand the emotions he can't feel yet can clearly witness in his memories, Agatha using Wundagore Everbloom to see the future, Vision altering his density, using it to phase, to punch, to put weight onto enemies and objects in various creative ways. Chthon manifesting in Wanda's mind, AND in Vision's mind (but in very different forms) and shape-shifting, and his twisted dimension in all it's twisted chaotic horror (that would be easily the most expensive thing).
    It goes without saying that Ebony would be a normal cat except for perhaps one or two scenes. I also think, say, if we see Salem's 7, they will be more a team of witches and warlocks than shape-shifting superhumans.

I think there is a 80-90% chance that High Evolutionary is in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 as the creator of Rocket Raccoon and the Sovereign, and because of his ties to Adam Warlock.
    I think Chthon is the most likely villain, especially given he can be tied very strongly to the Mind Stone (don't forget The Other appears to be the one who actually controls the scepter, and that it manipulates the Avengers on the hellicarrier despite Loki being held elsewhere in a cell, and we see The Other pull Loki out of a telepathic link he activated using the scepter), so there's a rich seam already there, especially with Vision having alluded to the Mind Stone influencing him.