Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Even if they don't have that much of an interaction during A4, I still can buy her having a significant role in DS2 just under the excuse she's training. Either she seeks him because she is interested in exploring more of her powers, or he seeks her because he was impressed to hear that she was able to destroy an Infinity Gem. I honestly think these are perfectly reasonable excuses as to why they might be spending some time together. Wanda's powers are kind of arcane, and so are his. They could bond over that.
    To me, it would still feel forced, they would need some intereaction together before she appears as a main character in Dr. Strange 2

Extraordinary Member

I just hope they get some in A4.
    Also I kinda feel Wanda's interactions are too limited.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I just hope they get some in A4.
    Also I kinda feel Wanda's interactions are too limited.
    Yeah, so far Wanda's main interactions have been with Vision, Hawkeye and Quicksilver.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Default The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments (9 +10)

Here we are Wanda's top 10 moments voted by the fans. We start off with numbers 10 and 9

10. Curbstombing Alkhemia (Avengers Vol 3 #19)

Alkhemia was Ultron’s second attempt to build a wife, this time he used the brain patterns of Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse). When Ultron returned following the Avenger’s return from the Reborn Universe, Alkhemia hoped to beat him to the punch and destroy the Avengers before Ultron could. Being built in the same way as Ultron, Alkhemia managed to withstand most of the Avengers’ attacks, until Wanda turned up. While Alkhemia had smartly shielded her vital components, Wanda managed to defeat Alkhemia literally by twiddling her fingers.

9. Taking on Thor (Uncanny Avengers # 4)

Ah the Uncanny Avengers; spend more time fighting each other that fighting bad guys. This is though was one of the few times, they were fighting each other against their own will. The Red Skull had come back as a clone and grafted Professor X’s brain to his own, giving him Chuck’s awesome powers. He used them to brainwash some of the Uncanny Avengers to helping him, like Thor. Wanda and Havok unite to stop him, but it isn’t enough. However, despite still recovering from being stabbed, Wanda manages to summon enough power to send Thor flying.

In more recent years, the Uncanny Avengers was a compelling story/line for me. I loved the dynamics playing off of House/M, Aven/Diss, etc.

I was very unliking of Wanda's treatment at the hands of you know who back then, but what I found is that her arc (and others) through UA really was a better way to work on her redemption (that she shouldn't have needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    In more recent years, the Uncanny Avengers was a compelling story/line for me. I loved the dynamics playing off of House/M, Aven/Diss, etc.

I was very unliking of Wanda's treatment at the hands of you know who back then, but what I found is that her arc (and others) through UA really was a better way to work on her redemption (that she shouldn't have needed).
    UA was a missed opportunity in my book, especially with Wanda and Rogue

In addition to Quicksilver #5, Wanda makes a tiny appearance in today's issue of Cosmic Ghost Rider. I think she is going to show up next in Infinity Wars so that she can be amalgamated into Weapon Hex.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Here we are Wanda's top 10 moments voted by the fans. We start off with numbers 10 and 9

10. Curbstombing Alkhemia (Avengers Vol 3 #19)

Alkhemia was Ultron’s second attempt to build a wife, this time he used the brain patterns of Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse). When Ultron returned following the Avenger’s return from the Reborn Universe, Alkhemia hoped to beat him to the punch and destroy the Avengers before Ultron could. Being built in the same way as Ultron, Alkhemia managed to withstand most of the Avengers’ attacks, until Wanda turned up. While Alkhemia had smartly shielded her vital components, Wanda managed to defeat Alkhemia literally by twiddling her fingers.

9. Taking on Thor (Uncanny Avengers # 4)

Ah the Uncanny Avengers; spend more time fighting each other that fighting bad guys. This is though was one of the few times, they were fighting each other against their own will. The Red Skull had come back as a clone and grafted Professor X’s brain to his own, giving him Chuck’s awesome powers. He used them to brainwash some of the Uncanny Avengers to helping him, like Thor. Wanda and Havok unite to stop him, but it isn’t enough. However, despite still recovering from being stabbed, Wanda manages to summon enough power to send Thor flying.
    Very NICE Job ON this Opening of the Finals of the Vote Leokearon! =D

You Not only Gave the Vote List and Winners but also the Key Images and Distribution of the Events, you put allot of Grand Work into this!

Thanks for being such a Great Scarlet Witch Fan and Friend!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Very NICE Job ON this Opening of the Finals of the Vote Leokearon! =D

You Not only Gave the Vote List and Winners but also the Key Images and Distribution of the Events, you put allot of Grand Work into this!

Thanks for being such a Great Scarlet Witch Fan and Friend!
    Thanks, Well it is important to put them in context and show the awesome moments. Also it allows me to give my own two cents now and again

more to come tomorrow

Controversial theory here:
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...e-release-date

Poor old Thanos is always being painted as the bad guy.

He already knows that he is the only being in the univese capable of making the hard decisions for the good of everyone else (sort of). But everyone seems to have overlooked one massive piece of information from Infinity War.

If the Avengers' plans had worked out, they would have actually have started the destruction of the entire universe – and only one Avengers knew this.

This is why Doctor Strange gave Thanos the Time Stone and this will completely change everything fans thought they knew. What if Strange didn't see a single path where the Avengers suceeded, but rather the only one where they failed in making a fatal mistake?

The Mad Titan's possession of the the green Infinity Stone is viewed as the devastating blow which foils Scarlet Witch's heartbeaking sacrifice of her beloved Vision.

Having succeeded in destroying the Mind Stone embedded in her lover's forehead, it momentarily appears that the Avengers have foiled Thanos' atempt to assemble a full Infinity Gauntlet. Except he uses the Time Stone to loop back, prevent it from happening and victoriously unleash the Snap.

Fans already figured out Doctor Strange handed over his stone because it lead to the only path to saving the universe but an incredible new argument explains how Strange was trying to stop his fellow Avengers, not Thanos.

Remember how Wong explained to Tony Stark how the Infinity Stones were created a the start of the universe? The ARE the fabric of life, reality and everything.

Redditor ZeekOwl91 explains: "While Strange, Stark, and Spidey are in space, forces on Earth are rushing to remove the Mind Stone from Vision and destroy it. We're told the stones are part of the fabric of the universe, and every outcome on Earth from that point onward result in the Mind Stone successfully being destroyed.

"Except one. Every time the heroes succeed in defeating Thanos, the Universe gets stabbed in the brain and starts to unravel. Every time the heroes force Thanos to try to take the Mind Stone without the Time Stone, the Universe gets stabbed in the brain and starts to unravel."

It seems Doctor Strange manipulated the fight with Thanos and needed Star-Lord to ruin the removal of the Gauntlet.

The theory addes: "In ONE timeline, the heroes don't defeat Thanos on Titan because Star Lord loses it and he ends up in front of Vision with the Time Stone as the Mind Stone is destroyed. In that one future he can use the Time Stone's second power (rewinding time for an object) to restore the Mind Stone."

"With the Mind Stone saved, the Universe continues forward. Half is snapped away, but it at least has a future."

This actually makes great sense and puts a powerful twist on that tearjerking ending.

Of course, it still doesn't explain what will come next. What else did Doctor Strange see?

This means that Wanda's reluctance to destroy the Mind Stone was right, and that Cap and Vison's demand that the stone be destroyed was wrong.

Default The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments (7 +8)

Here we are Wanda's top 10 moments voted by the fans. We are now unto numbers 8 +7

8. Witch of Iron (Avengers Vol 3 # 2)
    Following the whole Heroes Reborn Vol 2 Avengers run (which is awful), the Avengers were given to Kurt Busiek and George Perez bring the team back to its best. Perez as always said Wanda was one of his favourite characters to draw and given the amount of times Wanda is placed in revealing outfits and bondage by him during this run alone… Well I let you draw your own conclusions. In the opening storyline of their run, the villainous Morgan Le Fay kidnaps Wanda and with power of the Twilight Sword of Surtur and the Norn Stones; rewrites reality to a medieval setting. Wanda isn’t affected and locked in Morgan’s dungeon, where she uses her powers to try and break the Avengers free of the spell (as shown by the Cap/Hawkeye interaction) it also as an unexpected result. The main panel shows how much Wanda had grown, from a woman who tying her up negated her powers to now being able to still help her teammates. Also, if Bendis had bothered to read the caption text; Disassembled would have had happened.

7. No More Phoenix (Avengers Vs X-Men #12)

Avengers Vs X-Men was part of Wanda’s redemption storyline, that started with Children’s Crusade and well to be honest, the whole story is terrible, everything from the fight’s reason, to some nonsense about the Iron Fist and the Phoenix and the whole written/drawn by committee feel. Still the basic gist is that Hope the Mutant Messiah is being targeted by the Phoenix because she’s a redhead or something. In the end, she does become the new Phoenix host, but with the help of Wanda, who can somehow hurt the Phoenix and becomes one of Hope’s many mentors in the story, helps her to overcome the Cosmic Chicken, erase it from existence (which annoyingly doesn’t stick) and restart mutantkind.