Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Default The Wonderful Wanda Maximoff Moments (1 +2)

The top two Wanda moments have been revealed. Thanks to though who voted

2. Defeating the Challenger (Avengers #689)
    ‘No Surrender’ was a sixteen-part mega epic which saw, the Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, U.S. Avengers, Occupy Avengers and some others battle a new Lethal Legion and Black Order in a game between the Grandmaster and the Challenger (an elder of the universe who used to be called the Grandmaster). When the Challenger realises that the Grandmaster has cheated, he decides to clean the board (destroy Earth). The Avengers fight with all their might against him, but new character Voyager knows the Avengers are going to lose. Using her power to affect memories she gives the Avengers a morale boost, allowing Wanda to use that belief into a super spell which causes the Challenger to explode!

1. The Avengers A (Avengers Vol 3 #3)
    Here we are Number 1 and fitting Number 2 was in a way a homage to it and it follows on from Number 8. Thanks to Wanda’s spell a small number of Avengers, (Cap, Hawkeye, Quasar, Justice, Wasp and Pulsar/Photon) broke free of Morgan Le Fay’s spell and now attempted to stop Morgan. Unfortunately, Morgan has used her magic to grow to supersize, but luckily Wanda enters the fight and summons a Giant Wonderman to battle Morgan. Despite both her and Simon’s best efforts it isn’t enough, until all the Avengers snap back to their senses and give Wanda their strength and support. Showing why she is one of the hearts of the Avengers, Wanda uses her colleagues support to empower Simon and Morgan is defeated. (Also can’t go wrong with more Perez art)

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    We hit the halfway point with moments 6 +5

6. Taking out Starro (JLA/Avengers #1)
    Starro the Star Conquer was the Justice League’s first foe; a giant space starfish who could create numerous probes which if they latched onto someone, that person would be under its control as Starro wants total order. In the epic JLA/Avengers, Starro arrives in Earth 616 and confused starts launching probes. The probes take over the She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Triathlon, Quicksilver, Thor and many others. Eventually the Vision learning that Starro craves order, places a probe on Wanda whose Chaos Magic sends the Star Conquer literally flying.

5. Dropping a Meteor (Giant Sized Avengers #2)
    Wanda’s Hexes can sometimes be seen has lazy writing sometimes it could be seen as a Deus Ex Machina. Usually Wanda would fire off a hex and something exploded, or something gave way to help the team. Sometimes though something really improbable happens. Wanda along with Mantis and Agatha Harkness have been kidnapped by Kang as he believes one of them is the Celestial Madonna and he wants to marry her, (Spoiler: It’s Mantis, though I would have loved to see Kang’s face if it was Agatha). To stop the Avengers from rescuing them, he managed to also capture Vision, Iron Man and Thor and place them within Macrobots. Eventually Wanda and co are freed along with the Vision and Iron Man, but the Thor Macrobot seems to be unstoppable. That is until Wanda uses a Hex which drags a meteor from orbit that strikes the Thor Macrobot, stopping it and allowing Thor to be freed.
    I remember Wanda calling down the meteor with her hex power. Love that story arc! Also loved the way they illustrated her hex powers and the unpredictable nature--the meteor was totally unexpected yet this was a very powerful hex!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I remember Wanda calling down the meteor with her hex power. Love that story arc! Also loved the way they illustrated her hex powers and the unpredictable nature--the meteor was totally unexpected yet this was a very powerful hex!
    Yeah, it is a really good way to show how affecting probability should be done.

Extraordinary Member

The top two Wanda moments have been revealed. Thanks to though who voted

2. Defeating the Challenger (Avengers #689)
    ‘No Surrender’ was a sixteen-part mega epic which saw, the Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, U.S. Avengers, Occupy Avengers and some others battle a new Lethal Legion and Black Order in a game between the Grandmaster and the Challenger (an elder of the universe who used to be called the Grandmaster). When the Challenger realises that the Grandmaster has cheated, he decides to clean the board (destroy Earth). The Avengers fight with all their might against him, but new character Voyager knows the Avengers are going to lose. Using her power to affect memories she gives the Avengers a morale boost, allowing Wanda to use that belief into a super spell which causes the Challenger to explode!

1. The Avengers A (Avengers Vol 3 #3)
    Here we are Number 1 and fitting Number 2 was in a way a homage to it and it follows on from Number 8. Thanks to Wanda’s spell a small number of Avengers, (Cap, Hawkeye, Quasar, Justice, Wasp and Pulsar/Photon) broke free of Morgan Le Fay’s spell and now attempted to stop Morgan. Unfortunately, Morgan has used her magic to grow to supersize, but luckily Wanda enters the fight and summons a Giant Wonderman to battle Morgan. Despite both her and Simon’s best efforts it isn’t enough, until all the Avengers snap back to their senses and give Wanda their strength and support. Showing why she is one of the hearts of the Avengers, Wanda uses her colleagues support to empower Simon and Morgan is defeated. (Also can’t go wrong with more Perez art)
    I didn't participate in the vote, but those two would be my picks. Not only are they cool scenes, but they emphasize Wanda's history with Avengers.

This Elizabeth Olsen interview mentions Infinity War:
    https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...iew-1.20926104

Are there parallels between your role as Leigh and your role as Wanda? Because in "Avengers: Infinity War," Wanda sees her romantic partner [the android known as] Vision die.

I never even thought about that. . . . I think the difference specifically is that [Wanda] has to kill him and then [after Vision is briefly resurrected] she has to watch him be murdered. There's something really extreme about that! I think the difference with "Sorry for Your Loss" is that there's a lot of anger toward the unknown, and [Leigh is] really frustrated and angry, and there hasn't been anything that's impacted her in this way, so this is her first time needing to do that work. An older person, someone who's lived another decade, might be able to handle it differently — maybe more maturely or calmly. But she is just angry and frustrated, and she doesn't care if she's not doing the right thing.

With both Leigh and Wanda, their eyes are like they're carrying the weight of the world. . . . How much of that weight in their eyes are the characters and how much is you?

I think it's a combination. I mean, part of our jobs [as humans] is existing and trying to be better people — have some sort of self-awareness of how we come off and how we treat others. It's a lot of analysis of yourself and what makes you a person. . . . You get to really dive into it when you're working on things that have to have high stakes, and in the Marvel movies everything's the highest possible stakes you can imagine. It's almost unimaginable, so you have to make it as personal and as close to yourself as possible and play a lot of "what if?" games.

Elizabeth, you sound wise beyond your years.

I don't think so -- just a lot of therapy. [Laughs.]

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I didn't participate in the vote, but those two would be my picks. Not only are they cool scenes, but they emphasize Wanda's history with Avengers.
    Exactly, also one homages the other

Interesting info from the Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary by D.K. It says that Wanda's powers aren't from the Occult but are either from being experimenting on or from something within her.

Interesting info from the Marvel Studios Visual Dictionary by D.K. It says that Wanda's powers aren't from the Occult but are either from being experimenting on or from something within her.
    This article discusses this. It could be that she is a latent mutant, and that the Mind Stone merely activated her powers.
    https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch...tcon-xmen-mcu/

In addition to that, Weapon Hex appeared in Infinity Wars #3 yesterday. She has also be added as a playable character in Marvel: Future Fight.

Dm_G1p2VAAAnkyi.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 09-13-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Weapon Hex is really cool on Future Fight. Sadly she's a paywall character, so I most likely won't be ever getting her...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This article discusses this. It could be that she is a latent mutant, and that the Mind Stone merely activated her powers.
    https://screenrant.com/scarlet-witch...tcon-xmen-mcu/

In addition to that, Weapon Hex appeared in Infinity Wars #3 yesterday. She has also be added as a playable character in Marvel: Future Fight.

Dm_G1p2VAAAnkyi.jpg
    As Laura's new uniform I presume?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Weapon Hex is really cool on Future Fight. Sadly she's a paywall character, so I most likely won't be ever getting her...
    So she is a new character, Net Marble surely want to milk more out of this.

Extraordinary Member

Kinda bummed, the last thing I want with MCU Wanda is suddenly giving her mutant origin and shove her into X franchise, or worse, as the sacrificial lamb to the X franchise.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Jessica Chobot of Nerdist mentions it too.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I don't know how much we should read into those descriptions, which may be official but can hardly have access to Kevin Feige's secret future plans.

I will say again though that Wanda in the Civil War movie was very much a mutant in everything but the use of the m-word. She has an energy-manipulation power, she watches a TV show where the newscaster denounces her by name, there is discussion of how people hate and fear her and the government might come after her. The newscaster had to denounce her as an "enhanced individual" but they sure could draw on a lot of that for the actual MCU mutants, whether or not they decide that "enhanced individual" was just a euphemism for "mutant."