Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I didn't know she was that tall, she and I are almost the same height
    Wanda's taller than me

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    The general visual design say otherwise.
    I hope we get to see some Wanda elements in her backstory.
    Going from the solictations, Weapon Hex is basically Laura with some Wanda powers and a hint of red

Extraordinary Member

Well, I don't have high hope for this anyway.
    But Agatha/Sara Kinney merge could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I found this video about Weapon Hex in Future Fight
    https://bradry.wordpress.com/2018/09...-future-fight/

Her stats say she is Wanda Maximoff, is 5'7" tall, and 132 lbs. That make her more Wanda than Laura.
    Yep, Wanda has been stated to be 5'7" and 132 pounds for quite a number of years.

Extraordinary Member

I should also admit that I was too dismissive of fans like Relugus and MaximoffTrash who were talking about how Chthon and other aspects of Wanda's backstory could be in the MCU. I mean, they still might not go anywhere near that story, but it's no longer as impossible as it once seemed.

I do hope whatever they do is not about the search for her parents, though. That was the weaker part of the James Robinson run anyway and no one will really care unless her father turns out to be Magneto, which it shouldn't be. Just let her parents be random dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I should also admit that I was too dismissive of fans like Relugus and MaximoffTrash who were talking about how Chthon and other aspects of Wanda's backstory could be in the MCU. I mean, they still might not go anywhere near that story, but it's no longer as impossible as it once seemed.

I do hope whatever they do is not about the search for her parents, though. That was the weaker part of the James Robinson run anyway and no one will really care unless her father turns out to be Magneto, which it shouldn't be. Just let her parents be random dead people.
    That was the most interesting part of the Robinson run for me, so... I would care. I think that introducing Natalya could be an interesting way to finally have her officially become "Scarlet Witch" on the MCU. She's been credited as such but was never actually called that. On the comics it's kinda silly that she just randomly ended up getting the same name as her mom(and family in general), but on the MCU they could switch it around to that discovery being the reason why she takes it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That was the most interesting part of the Robinson run for me, so... I would care. I think that introducing Natalya could be an interesting way to finally have her officially become "Scarlet Witch" on the MCU. She's been credited as such but was never actually called that. On the comics it's kinda silly that she just randomly ended up getting the same name as her mom(and family in general), but on the MCU they could switch it around to that discovery being the reason why she takes it.
    I shouldn't have said nobody will care, you're right.

Edit: I deleted the rest of my post because it was me worrying what random people say about the character on Twitter and Tumblr, and honestly, that's a silly thing for me to even be talking about, let alone worrying about.
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    and yet her look and everything screams Laura and not Wanda.
    I wouldn't say that. The costume, beyond the mask, is reminiscent of Wanda. Her hair is Wanda's shade. Most of her powers in the game preview at least channel Wanda's. I think the backstory is obviously going to merge the two a lot, but until I see otherwise, I'm optimistic Wanda will have a role in the series. Soldier Supreme has shown these warps can be done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I wouldn't say that. The costume, beyond the mask, is reminiscent of Wanda. Her hair is Wanda's shade. Most of her powers in the game preview at least channel Wanda's. I think the backstory is obviously going to merge the two a lot, but until I see otherwise, I'm optimistic Wanda will have a role in the series. Soldier Supreme has shown these warps can be done well.
    Hm, tbh I agree that she has enough of Wanda's aesthetics. But the story is what I'm skeptical about. Feels like it might be just Laura with red energy claws.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

Well, deep down I don't see that likely to happen anyway.
    I just like to have something to dwell on and to think about.
    Maybe I am just afraid when Wanda finally gets popular and no one remembers her and knows her a certain way, meaning I could end up not being able to communicate with new fans about certain stuff. That would be a shame.

And I don't mind being dismissed, at least someone is talking about it.

The claws are a bit odd since Wolverine is mixed with Emma rather than Magneto, so I can't imagine that'll be her background, but from what we know, there's enough of Wanda to keep me cautiously optimistic. And the costume is clearly inspired by Wanda's from Force Works, which I love so hopefully it can come back when the warps end.

Extraordinary Member

Well, make "Scarlet Witch" something from Sokovian legends, folklore or even urban legends? Could work that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The claws are a bit odd since Wolverine is mixed with Emma rather than Magneto, so I can't imagine that'll be her background, but from what we know, there's enough of Wanda to keep me cautiously optimistic. And the costume is clearly inspired by Wanda's from Force Works, which I love so hopefully it can come back when the warps end.
    The thing is FW Costume is so much less "Wanda" when others wear it. I still hope whoever create Weapon Hex is a Chthonian cult wielding Weapon-X like tech.

Sokovia is Eastern European which has a long held foundation in witchcraft so that's not too far fetched.

I liked it because it was refreshing and it could be an updated version that amalgamates it with one of her more well known looks. As long as I don't see that stupid head piece, I'm fine with it.

Just seen that Gerardo Sandoval is drawing her mini. I hate his art so I'm thoroughly underwhelmed.

I loved the whole Natalya storyline (way better than Magda), also it makes more sense of how Wanda got her codename.

Also Wanda knows her family in the MCU, but that couldn't stop her discovering that her mum was a witch (sort of like Dr. Doom did in the comcs)