Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Marvel animation is pretty half dead these days.

Also about magic stuff, god, I hate when people randomly quote Arthur Clarke like that. That is all they ever quote when it comes to Technology/Magic co-existing fictional universes.
    There are like a ton of novels, Video Games, comics that build their own world models/rules for those two to co-exist.
    Clarke was great, but try not to hold that like some kind of golden rule. It feels like critisizing Ultron, Skynet, HAL for not following Asimov's Three Laws.
    I don’t even now if I want Wanda to be in the current animated Avengers series, or this new cool kids stuff, I think it’s called something with “rising”.

I think I heard once that’s not exactly how Arthur C. Clarke meant it anyway. Wouldn’t even work exactly like that. Like, if you could show someone from the Medieval Period a Smartphone, that person just has to see that as magic. But we nowadays could at least comprehend the sheer fact that something is a piece of technology, even if we don’t understand how it works. In the MCU they only make themselves unnecessary problems that way. Like how then do you explain crazy stuff like the Infinity Stones? By definition, they were not constructed by someone. So yes, I totally agree with you on that one, they should let magic be magic, and rather make some rules for it – also for magic in itself. Again with the Infinity Stones, it bugs me that it wasn’t even defined whether they are just like tools that can be used, or are essential for the universe to work. I think it would have just been glorious, if after Wanda destroyed the Mind-Stone, Thanos somehow wouldn’t be able to revert that, and then soon after everybody in the universe becomes super-dumb.

The first thing ever that I saw that combined science with actual magic was the original animated He-Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Family Ties is the only epsiode that gives Wanda and Pietro any attention. Wnda only made on brief cameo before that. Pietro was a member of X-Factor in the show.
    In case you know exactly, could you please tell me the name of the episode Wanda has that brief cameo? Than I can at least call that a wrap and move on to the next animated series.

That was the one X-MEN:TAS appearance of the Maximoff twins. They’ve always been an anomaly with regards to making cross franchise appearances and this was back when Marvel was new to the adaptation game in earnest. They were used with an exponential increase in savvy in subsequent animated projects. Not so much in cinema though...

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

Thing is, I’ve finally come to see the “X-Men: The Animated Series” episode "Family Ties", and I was rather underwhelmed by Wanda and Pietro in it, so can anybody tell me, is that all? Is that the only episode they are in?

It’s hard to pinpoint down, but I think I was expecting more, from the clips I’ve seen before I knew they are up against Magneto, and I assumed there they were sort of freelancers, and maybe there will be a bit of origin story how they became heroes. But the way it was, well, being Avengers they can’t just go kill someone, not even someone like Magneto. I wish there would then at least a bit more insight and internal discussion with the characters. The way it was, I get the impression Wanda and Pietro were nothing more than plot devices to tell a story with Magneto. If they indeed never appeared again, that only solidifies my impression.

Little side note to that: This all results in the one from “The Super Hero Squad Show” remaining my second-favorite animated version of Wanda, behind the one from “Wolverine and the X-Men”. There are several others that I haven’t fully seen yet, though.

Extraordinary Member

So until we actually know something official about the series (which might not even be until Avengers 4 comes out), I wonder if this will result in the comics finally getting Vision and the Scarlet Witch back together. They have been very reluctant to do it or even to tease it but Marvel almost always makes the comics more like the MCU, and they've recently started reuniting some fan-favorite couples, so I don't know how long they can hold out... though Tom Brevoort controls both characters and he really does not seem to like reviving old romances.

I don't have strong feelings that they should or shouldn't get back together, though as the Vision series made clear, both of them will always be defined by their relationship with each other.

Also it would really be good to get a complete collection of Robinson's Scarlet Witch and of all the Vision and the Scarlet Witch content from the '70s and '80s (their two limited series + the Bill Mantlo/Mike Mignola story that wound up in the "Marvel Super Heroes" inventory book), so hopefully they will get on that if the series turns out to happen.

Extraordinary Member

I hope they will use Englehart's New Salem part.
    NoW and SW solo's Wundagore part.
    I don't want it to be everyday life like Englehart's run.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that the title is Vision and the Scarlet Witch... Wish it was more of a Wanda solo with Vision as the main supporting character. Or at least her name could come first...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I am just simply AMAZED that this is THING that Might be happening, right now I am sticking to it as a rumor but if so WOW what a Major development for Wanda's MCU Character, Miss Olsen and WANDA All Around!

Honestly just 6 years ago it was UNHEARD of that Wanda might even have a major role in Marvel comics alone anymore even with Uncanny Avengers out.............BUT look at What Marvel has been able to do with our Wanda in just a few Years!

Wanda is truly a Comeback from the brink character, I just Love how Wanda's character now is getting all the credit she deserves or at least Marvel is trying to do the best for her!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

New Wanda Action Figure. On display at 2:18 - 3:17

I think that’s at least better than the current one from the Titans series. While I don’t know whether it’s related to Avengers 4, I am glad that they are creating new ones

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that the title is Vision and the Scarlet Witch... Wish it was more of a Wanda solo with Vision as the main supporting character. Or at least her name could come first...
    I assume that’s only done because the comic series-es were named like that. Despite the name, their focus was very much on Wanda.
    Still, naming the man first is outdated.
    Veeeery outdated.
    I think it was outdated even way back then.
    More of a bummer, I thought for a moment that would be the actual confirmation. So technically this is all still just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That was the one X-MEN:TAS appearance of the Maximoff twins. They’ve always been an anomaly with regards to making cross franchise appearances and this was back when Marvel was new to the adaptation game in earnest. They were used with an exponential increase in savvy in subsequent animated projects. Not so much in cinema though...
    Thanks for giving insight into the background. As I said, I think the one from “Wolverine and the X-Men” is so-much-better. Not sure about “X-Men Evolution” though. From the clips I’ve seen, she comes of as just an angry teenager, with more daddy issues than anywhere else.

New Wanda Action Figure. On display at 2:18 - 3:17

I think that’s at least better than the current one from the Titans series. While I don’t know whether it’s related to Avengers 4, I am glad that they are creating new ones
    Oh nice! I saw the Captain Marvel figures and thought "Oh, wish Wanda was getting one in that line...", so nice to know she actually is. On those pics though she looks a bit weird, the hair isnt't properly attached to her head... Hopefully we have better ones soon.

I assume that’s only done because the comic series-es were named like that. Despite the name, their focus was very much on Wanda.
    Still, naming the man first is outdated.
    Veeeery outdated.
    I think it was outdated even way back then.
    More of a bummer, I thought for a moment that would be the actual confirmation. So technically this is all still just a rumor.
    Besides being outdated to have the manf irst, I think Scarlet Witch and Vision/Scarlet Witch and The Vision just sounds better than Vision and The Scarlet Witch(she shouldn't be the one with a THE in the first place).

While I would prefer Wanda's name first, the nod to the lovers two series is a nice touch and might convince people to read them instead of crap like HOM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    While I would prefer Wanda's name first, the nod to the lovers two series is a nice touch and might convince people to read them instead of crap like HOM
    They better list Englehart and other great writers in the credits. Also some wishful thinking, maybe Youtubers and comic media will recommend those stuff and shut up about HoM, "Wanda introducing mutants", yada, yada.

I think another reason to have Vision’s name first might be marketing with regards to name recognition. It is hard to estimate, but I assume the vast majority of, may I call it the general audience, does not know that Scarlet Witch *is* Wanda. Granted, it’s written in the credits, but who reads all of that. And not everyone who likes what he saw in the movie does an internet research. And Vision is Vision, everybody who has seen the movies knows what that word means in that context. So maybe that might also be a reason why his name has been given higher priority here. Or maybe I am just overthinking things

Speaking of being recognizable, on the Fox television show “The Gifted” Lorna has gone boldly ahead and put on her Tiara. Rather toned down, more like a headband, really, but still. Now MCU Wanda has to follow suit

Speaking of names, I wonder if MARVEL can sue the company who produced whatever that game is :

Speaking of being recognizable, on the Fox television show “The Gifted” Lorna has gone boldly ahead and put on her Tiara. Rather toned down, more like a headband, really, but still. Now MCU Wanda has to follow suit
    That kind of gets to the question if one wants for Wanda a headgear and if so to go all out with one covering part of her face or go more along the lines of a headband?

The costume designer who made it BTW is a Wanda fan.

Last edited by jmc247; 12-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.

On top of news of Scarlet Witch's series, DC is discussing a Zatanna movie.

A lot of people online are upset at the title of Wanda's show. Here is an article about that.

Scarlet Witch is Finally Getting Her Own TV Series…So Why Does Vision Get Top Billing?
    https://www.themarysue.com/scarlet-witch-title/

I wonder if Quicksilver will come back to life for the series.