Page 114 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2724
    Mighty Member

I'm a fan of motorcycles, but I want a new vehicle for Nightwing. I liked the truck. But like most of Nightwing lore, it is forgotten and underused.

So what directions would you guys be interested in post RIC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Because that's what he does in most events or he becomes a hostage/ Batman's puppy. You don't hurt Batman's puppy.
    Usually he just drops out of sight. Forever Evil was an exception--except that he was "killed" while Batman stood around like an impotent slob and watched, letting Luthor "kill" him then tried to interfere when Luthor revived him.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Nightwing as Nightwing would be nice (maybe even get Higgins back on the book)
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Nightwing as Nightwing would be nice (maybe even get Higgins back on the book)
    I don't even know what nightwing as nightwing means anymore. Doesn't it mean more isolated directionless bludhaven story's with no consistent mythos that has to be shaken up every bat/Dc event? Because that seems to be what nightwing as nightwing is post flashpoint.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 11-01-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think a comic with Damian like "Nightwing and Robin" can be a good option.

DC really seems to give a good treatment to the comics of Robin (at least, decent writers). So, Dick could be benefited from this.

I don't even know what nightwing as nightwing means anymore. Don't it mean more isolated directionless bludhaven story's with no consistent mythos that has to be shaken up every bat/Dc event? Because that seems to be alternative nightwing is post flashpoint.
    I've understood that Nightwing was on a pretty similar situation in Pre-Flashpoint, since he returns to Batman office (although Nightwing seems to be consistent during Chuck Dixon run).

DC think there are writers too big for Nightwing since that time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Doesn't matter because they can just cancel stories and replace it with a new one at a moment's notice. I don't think I'm even going to pick up Nightwing again unless I see they can complete a story arc for at least a year.

No, wait... not long enough.

5 years. Screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I think a comic with Damian like "Nightwing and Robin" can be a good option.

DC really seems to give a good treatment to the comics of Robin (at least, decent writers). So, Dick could be benefited from this.

I've understood that Nightwing was on a pretty similar situation in Pre-Flashpoint, since he returns to Batman office (although Nightwing seems to be consistent during Chuck Dixon run).

DC think there are writers too big for Nightwing since that time.
    Even the Dixon run was fairly pedestrian.

It was well written and he got the character, but it was very much just batman lite.

All-New Member

Honestly with the new direction I was hoping we would see some sort of on the road voyage to discovery. Kinda Kung Fu the legend continues. Ric Grayson moving across the country and focusing on his fighting skills. Involve a lot of those lower end martial arts characters in a have gun will travel style.

Can start out with some underground fighting, then layer in Bronze tiger, Shiva and Richard Dragon and really explore that area since they have gotten Black Canary so far away from it. Allow him to figure out who he is away from the bat family, improve his skills and give the character a break from so much history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Doesn't matter because they can just cancel stories and replace it with a new one at a moment's notice. I don't think I'm even going to pick up Nightwing again unless I see they can complete a story arc for at least a year.

No, wait... not long enough.

5 years. Screw it.
    I really hate it that DC cherry-picks which aspects of "continuity" it wants to keep or discard. As an example--here was Devin Grayson's wretched turn at the character where she inserted that Dick Grayson is a "person of color" ("Romani") and even devoted a whole page to the document where both Bruce and Dick signed off on his adoption. The Romani stuff has stuck like Krazy Glue, but the adoption was thrown out the window. Same run, same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I really hate it that DC cherry-picks which aspects of "continuity" it wants to keep or discard. As an example--here was Devin Grayson's wretched turn at the character where she inserted that Dick Grayson is a "person of color" ("Romani") and even devoted a whole page to the document where both Bruce and Dick signed off on his adoption. The Romani stuff has stuck like Krazy Glue, but the adoption was thrown out the window. Same run, same time frame.
    How long was the time frame?

I kinda just assume everyone who stayed in the manor is adopted unless their parents are still alive like Duke and maybe Tim.

BANNED

How long was the time frame?

I kinda just assume everyone who stayed in the manor is adopted unless their parents are still alive like Duke and maybe Tim.
    The time frame I'm speaking of is during Devin Grayson's run, not too many issues apart. Tim was adopted shortly after the last of his parent were killed before the most recent reboot ("Tim Wayne!!! Tim Wayne!!!!"). Now they're alive in Witless Protection, but given that he is Bruce's favorite, he is a son in all but name. Jason is the only other orphan Bruce has admitted to adopting in current "canon". Damian is the sole biological son, but that can be tosses out at the drop of a hat. There has been no mention of Dick or Cass being legally adopted by Bruce to my knowledge.

Even though N52 trashed Tim's character, I was glad to not have him be adopted by Bruce. That Tim Wayne shit was dumb.

IMO in current continuity, Dick and Jason should be the only ones adopted. Would include Cass but she basically got rebooted, so it would need to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised_by_wolves View Post
    Honestly with the new direction I was hoping we would see some sort of on the road voyage to discovery. Kinda Kung Fu the legend continues. Ric Grayson moving across the country and focusing on his fighting skills. Involve a lot of those lower end martial arts characters in a have gun will travel style.

Can start out with some underground fighting, then layer in Bronze tiger, Shiva and Richard Dragon and really explore that area since they have gotten Black Canary so far away from it. Allow him to figure out who he is away from the bat family, improve his skills and give the character a break from so much history.
    Something like this could actually make this work for me.

You know Shiva would be all over that, if only to rub it in Bruce's face that she's training him.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    The time frame I'm speaking of is during Devin Grayson's run, not too many issues apart. Tim was adopted shortly after the last of his parent were killed before the most recent reboot ("Tim Wayne!!! Tim Wayne!!!!"). Now they're alive in Witless Protection, but given that he is Bruce's favorite, he is a son in all but name. Jason is the only other orphan Bruce has admitted to adopting in current "canon". Damian is the sole biological son, but that can be tosses out at the drop of a hat. There has been no mention of Dick or Cass being legally adopted by Bruce to my knowledge.
    Identity Crisis was when his father died, then comes Infinite Crisis, then One Year Later and there's a year before Final Crisis where Bruce died, so Tim was adopted during that one year between Infinite and Final Crisis?
    That was the beginning of the Didio era wasn't it?

Astonishing Member

Identity Crisis was when his father died, then comes Infinite Crisis, then One Year Later and there's a year before Final Crisis where Bruce died, so Tim was adopted during that one year between Infinite and Final Crisis?
    That was the beginning of the Didio era wasn't it?
    I've understood that Tim was adopted shortly after his dad died. Although Tim did not agree very much with the situation at the beginning.