Page 41 of 182 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

8801AAC6-B531-4D64-8C0F-60271D2EC3BD.jpg
    This got over 12k likes on Twitter. Fantastic art by Jeff Dekal.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-20-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Mighty Member

With everything happening with Nightwing, DiDio can actually kill Dick. His life sucks more than Batman which is impossible. His life sucks more than Jason too. It's amazing how bad DC is treating Dick.

What would be the point of killing him now though. Except for maybe putting readers out of their misery. This already is basically death, death but complete irrelevantly. Hmm, maybe that’s there plan here. We can already see that this direction of let’s have Scott Lobdell make something up as he goes is cutting him off, and containing him to Bludhaven so he can attempt to be “normal”. This whole thing could be a plan to systematically phase him out. That could be why they can’t be bothered to put anything together or find a proper creative team for his book.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-20-2018 at 06:34 AM.

Sales were already down, this may push Nightwing below 20K because very few are interested, whats sad is that Detective Comics 1000 May treat him worse than his Robin anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What would be the point of killing him now though. Except for maybe putting readers out of their misery. This already is basically death, death but complete irrelevantly. Hmm, maybe that’s there plan here. We can already see that this direction of let’s have Scott Lobdell make something up as he goes is cutting him off, and containing him to Bludhaven so he can attempt to be “normal”. This whole thing could be a plan to systematically phase him out. That could be why they can’t be bothered to put anything together or find a proper creative team for his book.
    It really feels like all this is happening JUST to start calling him Rick. That feels like all the planning they have done.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Start calling him rick and you might as well create a new origin and last name that accommodates Batman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Sales were already down, this may push Nightwing below 20K because very few are interested, whats sad is that Detective Comics 1000 May treat him worse than his Robin anniversary.
    I don't think it would do that. Nigthwing getting focus in DC's biggest selling book(batmtan) for a few weeks will definitely get people to pick up nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It really feels like all this is happening JUST to start calling him Rick. That feels like all the planning they have done.
    Ya, I can see that.

For what it’s worth, I was creeping King’s Twitter (like any normal person would do) and I saw that he liked a tweet of somebody asking who’s going to be writing Nightwing in response to someone voicing complaints about Lobdell. So I could be reading into it, but I’m still pretty sure that DC still has something planned for Nightwing beyond Lobdell.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

I do believe that Batgirl, Nightwing and Red Hood will be cancelled/launched after Tec 1000 or Batman 75.

I don’t think Lobdell is their plan long term, but who they have had to resort to. But that right there is part of the problem. They can’t put anything together. Stuff keeps falling apart and the character and his readers get left with directions like Lobdell making it up as he goes.
    I wouldn’t be surprised though if they are just burning this series off at this point. Isn’t that the rumor they were doing with Titans. And if that is the case, that’s still hardly an exciting next evolution of Dick Grayson LoL.

It’s all just frustrating.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-20-2018 at 07:42 AM.

To me, looks like Lobdell is buying time for the writers to pitch ideas to DC.
    All of this actually reminds me of the Forever Evil situation, maybe something good will happen out of this.

Also, he got amnesia, the easiest thing to resolve in the book of cliches.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    To me, looks like Lobdell is buying time for the writers to pitch ideas to DC.
    All of this actually reminds me of the Forever Evil situation, maybe something good will happen out of this.

Also, he got amnesia, the easiest thing to resolve in the book of cliches.
    At this point I think the editor should write Nightwing so they can do whatever they want. We may get another Tomasi with any luck and I don't think the result could be worse than Lobdell.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-20-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    At this point I think the editor should write Nightwing so they can do whatever they want. We may get another Tomasi with any luck and I don't think the result could be worse than Lobdell.
    The editors are always the ones interrupting the ongoing stories.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics