Page 174 of 182 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2724

The thing that I hate the most about this arc is the idea of some poor comic newbie picking up Nightwing for the first time. Maybe they always loved, liked, or were interested in the character and this is their first exposure to him in comics. It breaks my heart, either they won't know any better and love it because it's made by DC or scare them away from Dick or DC.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    aye. my leek but I didn't post it though.
    Love the watermarks
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

I am exausted watching that last episode a seoncd time, jsut make him nightwing dammit then we cut 2 weeks later to consitent nightwing

Also whats with this filth on Ric's face. Im seeing it on multiple covers now. Do they not realize he's a hobo. Ric is a homeless person who is now purposely running around with filth on his face. They have literally turned Dick into a filthy hobo. This is seriously some of the dumbest crap ive ever seen in comics, LoL.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-16-2018 at 08:08 PM.

If Dick needs a "Jokeresque" antagonist, why not use James Gordon Jr? Where's he been?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Yeah, this is looking like a long-term plan, increasingly so. Maybe Didio wants to drive down sales enough to justify canceling the book and offing the character he hates. I can’t think of much else in the way of reason for this. My expectations are so low all I want is for Dick to grow some hair.
    Isn't there anyone who can keep Didio from doing this?

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    If Dick needs a "Jokeresque" antagonist, why not use James Gordon Jr? Where's he been?
    Batman Who Laughs and Batgirl
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

From the Batman who Laughs 3 Teaser:

THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #3
    All the pieces are starting to fit together as the Batman Who Laughs acquires another key element in his plan—one that is linked to the founding fathers of Gotham City and to a legacy started by the Wayne family and protected by none other than Oswald Cobblepot. While the Penguin goes head-to-head with the darkest version of his mortal enemy, Batman is forced to compromise his principles and purge the serum that protects his heart from the deadly Joker Toxin! It’s a no-win situation as writer Scott Snyder and artist Jock return to the sociopath they created in “Black Mirror”: James Gordon Jr.
    Much as I want to see him again, I'm disappointed to see him as a Batman (or Batgirl) antagonist. I would prefer him against Nightwing, because they are great foils. It mystifies me that they haven't used him yet in Nightwing comics, unless Snyder has asked them not to for some reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Isn't there anyone who can keep Didio from doing this?
    I don't know. The only people who seem to have the clout to rein him in are the Warners bigwigs, and this is such small potatoes to them that they'd need a microscope to even see it. Didio's only job is publish funnybooks so Warners won't lose the copyrights. There doesn't seem to be any accountability. I'd LOVE a gig like that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The thing that I hate the most about this arc is the idea of some poor comic newbie picking up Nightwing for the first time. Maybe they always loved, liked, or were interested in the character and this is their first exposure to him in comics. It breaks my heart, either they won't know any better and love it because it's made by DC or scare them away from Dick or DC.
    I don't even know who is the audience for Ric. Edgy teenagers already have Red Hood or Batman Who Laughs to read. Ric is scaring both old and new readers away. The only ones left are diehard Dick Grayson fans that will ride this book to its' bitter end. It doesn't get new audience, while testing the patience of the few fans left.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I don't even know who is the audience for Ric. Edgy teenagers already have Red Hood or Batman Who Laughs to read. Ric is scaring both old and new readers away. The only ones left are diehard Dick Grayson fans that will ride this book to its' bitter end. It doesn't get new audience, while testing the patience of the few fans left.
    "Edgy teenagers", I saw you describe us like this for the second time.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I feel really really sorry for you, Dick Fans. That cover is really disturbing. Crazy to think that one year ago, Dick could have been a dad.

BANNED

We're not riding the book--we're carrying it. Six of us on each side of the coffin.

Even though the book is hot garbage I would still be buying it if I didn't move. I still need to find a new comic store near me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Right, I really don’t get who the audience is here. Not sure the creators even do either. For Nightwing’s current readers Ric and the nobody brigade are just insulting. The current writers have Ric just continully demean Dick in an misguided and clueless attempt to get Ric over, while they basically just whipe their ass with the Nightwing persona by diminishing it with this team of boring nobodies that will never be seen again after.
    And for new fans this clearly looks like scrambled together crap and Ric as a character I don’t see where there would be appeal for a new reader. He looks terrible most of the time, and he isn’t actually doing anything particularly interesting or catching. He really doesn’t do much of anything at all. Creative team wise the writer on this has one of the worst reputations in DC, and visually things aren’t much better. There’s one decent artist you get a couple pretty pages from, but other wise you get a hodgepodge of different artists with rough styles and a character that mostly looks boring and ugly. So there’s not really even visual appeal here imo. So ya, really not seeing the draw here for new readers either.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2018 at 03:55 AM.