Page 175 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2724

How annoyed does Seeley have to be right now? I mean ****, if they didn't want Dick to Nightwing they could have just left him as freaking Grayson.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    How annoyed does Seeley have to be right now? I mean ****, if they didn't want Dick to Nightwing they could have just left him as freaking Grayson.
    And we could have gotten a much better story. Why can't DC ask Seeley back?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The thing that I hate the most about this arc is the idea of some poor comic newbie picking up Nightwing for the first time. Maybe they always loved, liked, or were interested in the character and this is their first exposure to him in comics. It breaks my heart, either they won't know any better and love it because it's made by DC or scare them away from Dick or DC.
    Me too to
    20 weeks of titans and soon to hebfollowes by young justice where dick Grayson is the lead and in charge and it gets wasted because they decide to take out nightwing

It’s sabotage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right, I really don’t get who the audience is here. Not sure the creators even do either. For Nightwing’s current readers Ric and the nobody brigade are just insulting. The current writers have Ric just continully demean Dick in an misguided and clueless attempt to get Ric over, while they basically just whipe their ass with the Nightwing persona by diminishing it with this team of boring nobodies that will never be seen again after.
    And for new fans this clearly looks like scrambled together crap and Ric as a character I don’t see where there would be appeal for a new reader. He looks terrible most of the time, and he isn’t actually doing anything particularly interesting or catching. He really doesn’t do much of anything at all. Creative team wise the writer on this has one of the worst reputations in DC, and visually things aren’t much better. There’s one decent artist you get a couple pretty pages from, but other wise you get a hodgepodge of different artists with rough styles and a character that mostly looks boring and ugly. So there’s not really even visual appeal here imo. So ya, really not seeing the draw here for new readers either.
    I don't think DC is particularly trying to get Ric over into anybody's hearts except Didio's--there is a rule on the job that you want to make your boss happy so he'll keep signing the paychecks. They're just printing the book because they don't want to lose the Nightwing copyright--at the moment.

They wont let the copyright slide. Even if DC has no plans on using the name on a regular basis, they'll use it enough to maintain their rights to it, just so no one else can get it, if for no other reason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member Shadow Myyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I don't even know who is the audience for Ric. Edgy teenagers already have Red Hood or Batman Who Laughs to read. Ric is scaring both old and new readers away. The only ones left are diehard Dick Grayson fans that will ride this book to its' bitter end. It doesn't get new audience, while testing the patience of the few fans left.
    I've seen people who've said that they don't like Nightwing as a character say they like Ric. Which speaks volumes. And not the good kind

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I don't even know who is the audience for Ric. Edgy teenagers already have Red Hood or Batman Who Laughs to read. Ric is scaring both old and new readers away. The only ones left are diehard Dick Grayson fans that will ride this book to its' bitter end. It doesn't get new audience, while testing the patience of the few fans left.
    Not true. This diehard Dick fan just cut it loose from my pull list, because I'm so disgusted with what they've done to my favorite character. I can't support this book anymore, I'll just deal with the hole in my collection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Myyst View Post
    I've seen people who've said that they don't like Nightwing as a character say they like Ric. Which speaks volumes. And not the good kind
    I wish some of these folks who like Ric would come over here to this forum and tell us what there is to like. Maybe it could help us out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Not true. This diehard Dick fan just cut it loose from my pull list, because I'm so disgusted with what they've done to my favorite character. I can't support this book anymore, I'll just deal with the hole in my collection.
    Why not just take a book off your pull when the quality is low (like it is with Dick right now) and get the issues out of the bargain bins?

That way DC is losing your pre-order and the money from it, which tells them you wont support crappy quality, your LCS is making up the difference on what it already spent on those copies in the back-issue bin so you're supporting your local business, and your collection doesn't have to take a hit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

penetrator of things

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...vel-nightwing/

Turns out Nightwing's suffering was just about to begin!
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The thing that I hate the most about this arc is the idea of some poor comic newbie picking up Nightwing for the first time. Maybe they always loved, liked, or were interested in the character and this is their first exposure to him in comics. It breaks my heart, either they won't know any better and love it because it's made by DC or scare them away from Dick or DC.
    This has been a problem of Dick since like 2004. There are articles circa 2006 or something that say "Nightwing is just sexy, in anything else he's kinda dumb and redundant" I personally got into DC in 2012 and he already got that reputation of "that guy who everyone loves but really has nothing special about him" . people came to Dc because of him and they left him to move on to Batman or better characters. But i was curious about different portrayals so i tried to read everything Dick Grayson. I told a friend of mine who also was new and believed in DC's modern "branding" of the Batboys about well written Dick pre Devin Grayson and they said "I am still not a Dick fan but i feel sorry for his new fans - the old Dick deserved every praise, what a guy."

I don't feel that outrage about Ric - because bar Grayson, DC has killed averything he had since the New52. It's not like there's better things waiting for Dick to come back to. His family and friends are both a mess now.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 12-17-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Just kill the book and start over already. Lobdell is just repeating old story lines, and the creative team decisions continues to be an utter disaster.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...vel-nightwing/

Turns out Nightwing's suffering was just about to begin!
    Maybe DC can put Brian Wood on the book next and go 3 for 3 with sexual harassers, lol.

What a fucking mess. It is comical at this point. Just no plan for what to do with this series and just shuffling in creative team after creative team. No big named writer is going to touch this series with how badly managed it is. I'd be fine with them just cancelling the book. Just let Tomasi use the character in Detective and ignore everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Maybe DC can put Brian Wood on the book next and go 3 for 3 with sexual harassers, lol.

What a fucking mess. It is comical at this point. Just no plan for what to do with this series and just shuffling in creative team after creative team. No big named writer is going to touch this series with how badly managed it is. I'd be fine with them just cancelling the book. Just let Tomasi use the character in Detective and ignore everything else.
    I want the next writer to just start with Dick waking up in the hospital. This whole arc turns out to be a horrible dream.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I’ve said this before, but someone high up at DC really needs to take a look at the management on the book. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-17-2018 at 10:48 PM.