Page 30 of 182 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Ya, but that’s the thing. This angle would allow him to use a different voice, and have Dick himself look at his old self and old relationships form an outside perspective. He could tear into Dick, even have Dick re-explore his relationship with Batman from Priest’s perspective, and then remold him as someone who has a less idealized opinion on him. I think a Who Is Richard Grayson? of sorts from Priest could be really interesting. Because he does have a kind of controversial opinion on the character, and I actually think this storyline from someone who has that could be rather interesting.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2018 at 11:10 PM.

BANNED

Its King's fault to be honest. Time to knock this guy off his high horse. His writing has becoming increasingly abysmal and one dimensional. All he thinks about 24/7 is how he can inflict mental trauma. He's been given too much power.

Kings shooting Dick in the head, and Dick is getting Lobdell out of it. So ya, not happy with him so much right now. But It’s not Kings job to find creators to carry out and produce a new direction. And if the people in charge of the office really do look to King to make those kinds of decisions, then the management there is even worse then I thought.

Now obviously they do look to him to create ideas, and spin out new storylines for the line. Like with Catwoman, which gave her momentum, but even with Nightwing a new direction isn’t necessarily a bad thing in itself. Its how it’s all being managed, and how the book has been managed, where it all just goes to poop. I mean if King came up with this idea and they decided to execute before Percy started his Dark Web storyline, or even hold off on Percy, when the book was being passed to filler to filler, this would have been quite convenient. But no instead they go out and have Percy start his own Dark Web storyline and then up end it with Kings, even though they apparently had no one really to carry it out.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2018 at 11:32 PM.

BANNED

They probably thought that Percy would go along with it. They evidently miscalculated. I still dont get how they just took Percy's Scarecrow story and told Lobdell to basically rewrite it. Cant Percy take action against the editorial or something?

Mind you the whole fear germ thing, Dick using detective skills and being afraid of heights sounded so cool. Percy was finally finding his groove and this happens.

BANNED

I've never had a problem with Lobdell, but I haven't read any of his work with Tim Drake or much beyond RHATO. Lobdell has done a fantastic job with Jason (IMHO); maybe being the writer on Nightwing's book will incentivize him to make the character look better. Trying to keep an open mind.

The in episode pictures look pretty good and I guess Dawn and Dick are kind of working together? Or maybe they already knew each other before Raven arrived.

About Lobdell... well... we'll see. And if he really just stays for three Issues we are just waiting for another announcment once again. Oh joy.

Priest would have me interested in his interpretation of the Amnesia arc but he'll never touch Nightwing. I'm still hoping for any important interaction between Slade and Dick. Even the training and the JC rehash was more about Damian.

BANNED

I just read the Percy and Lobdell versions of Nightwing 51-53's solicits and frankly what Percy was trying sounded so much better. Both storylines deal with Scarecrow, both involve Dick getting a head injury but Percy's version with Dick struggling with vertigo sounds more interesting than an amnesia cliche. Similarly fear germ and detective work are more appealing conceptually than edgy group of Nightwing wannabes. Damn just when Percy was getting interesting this happens. I cant say I have much faith in an editorially imposed arc where the character neither looks nor acts like himself cobbled together at the eleventh hour. The only hope is that it all winds up between March and July when King's"break the Bat" storyline reaches its conclusion.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 09-13-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yo, before talking about whether he's doing detective work or not, can we talk about how after being shot Bruce is going to let Dick run to Bludhaven on his own? Like, how is that gonna happen?

One option is he's gonna run off on his own, because why is this man claiming to be my dad, and that's why he's not gonna go by Dick Grayson anymore...

My guess is similar to how Alfred treats Bruce losing his memory, Bruce will give Dick the rundown on his current civilian status... while deliberately leaving out his superhero status in order to protect him from further harm, maybe even hold a fake funeral (again) to throw off his assassin... in hope that he will live the rest of his life free of superhero and supervillain burden... ignoring the fact that there are villains... The Parliament of Owls at the top of that list... already know his secret identity and an amnesia Dick Grayson is easy to recruit and retrain... though Spyral maybe a good counter to that.

If they're smart in doing this, Batman will ask Spyral to station some agents or at least Huntress, since she's not doing anything at the moment, to make sure Dick is safe.

If.

BANNED

The Parliament was destroyed and Spyral will likely fold its operations in Bendis' Action.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    The Parliament was destroyed and Spyral will likely fold its operations in Bendis' Action.
    All of them? All over the world? No splinter group? How about The Court in Gotham?
    Wait, they're in Action?

BANNED

The Court exists though logically it should be dead too but the Parliament storyline was wrapped up rather nicely.

And did Abnett really tease a Nightwing/Miss Martian relationship? Hoo boy.

Not the writer I was expecting but, okay? I wonder how long Lobdell will be on for, and why on earth Percy was forced to have his story changed in the first place?

Edit: I do feel for any writer whose work is disrupted like this, that being said, I'm personally glad to see the love triangle is missing from the new solicit.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-13-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Also while I am no Roy fan it is a bit weird to have the guy that has tried to downplay Roy's friendships with others and make Jason Roy's best friend be the one to write the fallout of Roy's death in the Heroes in Crisis event in Dick's book. That kind of feels a bit odd. I know most Roy fans dislike Lobdells take on the character but it is going to feel so hollow reading Dick all distraught about losing a best friend under Lobdell's pen when he is doing the same thing in the Outlaws book where he cares more.

If this amnesia thing is King's idea, then it should be King who writes it. Please...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Why is a sexual harasser like Lobdell writing Nightwing? Red Hood fans bend over backwards to this scum because he is only one who cares about the unpopular Robin. I will not. Dick is a shining beacon of hope and love. He deserves a lot better than Lobdell. DC needs to find even a decent average writer to replace him.
    Last edited by yohyoi; 09-13-2018 at 07:02 AM.