Page 33 of 182 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Speaking of King, here's a new info.

"Grayson was scheduled to be canceled at issue 9; near that time I heard Omega Men was canceled after issue 3. Vocal fan support saved both, saved my career. A year later I was offered Batman. I’m nothing but grateful."
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...37659581546496

He retweeted that to answer "Hey comics pros, what’s a moment at which you had serious doubts about whether or not you’d make it in comics?"

I honestly don't think the person murdered in the solicits is Roy. The solicit seems to imply that the murder is in connection to scarecrow or the new vigilante group, not Heroes in Crisis.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Hey, Guys, i just had a thought. So Dick will have amnesia during the HiC arc? Could it be a set up for this story?

BANNED

Man, Dick is getting kicked out of Titans in favor of Kyle Rayner it seems. I wasn't a fan of Abnett's handling of him so a part of me is glad but removing Nightwing from the Titans is a kiss of death for that book now especially since Wally is also gone. Also way to separate Dick from his own franchise.
    This in addition to yesterday's news, I really get the impression that somebody is out there to sabotage Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Hey, Guys, i just had a thought. So Dick will have amnesia during the HiC arc? Could it be a set up for this story?
    That was my original thought. A lot of pieces seem to fit.

-Tom King has written Dick Grayson before and clearly likes the character.
    -King is writing Batman #55, the issue where Dick gets amnesia.
    -King is also writing Heroes in Crisis and may want to use Dick.
    -Dick is located somewhat centrally behind the main characters on the cover, perhaps indicating a minor role.
    -Dick was originally listed on the roster of victims and suspects. While he has been eliminated from these, it could still signal his involvement in the story.
    -Spoilers and speculation from the story involve both Roy and Wally, two friends of Dick's
    -When originally announced, it was stated that Dick was not going to the Sanctuary. But this could be used to demonstrate the need for the Sanctuary.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Yeah, not to mention Batman #55 is coming just a week before HiC first issue.
    Dick is not going to Sanctuary 'cause with amnesia he is no.more a superhero. I don't recall he being listed like a victim or a murderer (and we clearly know he is not a victim) but I member him being in the roster.
    This makes the whole amnesia thing much more interesting

Mighty Member

Well its a lot of stuff happening at least. I don't care about Dick not being in Titans. Its garbage although that cover is nice.

Lol Abnett is finally now done with Dick Grayson it seems. At least I have Titans TV & Young Justice + Old stories. Dick Grayson has probably met his end here if this amnesia is supposed to be a long storyline as per rumors. Grayson teased a new controversial path but this is repetitive and less guided.

DC is just trying to duck my **** up it seems, right when the Titans book actually gets good is when Dick is leaving, like he was in the book for close to 25 issues before it became actually fun to read.

Really need December solicits to figure out what's going on, and while I'm still hopeful about Lobdell's issues, I'm pretty unhappy about DC's treatment. It's like they finally stopped pretending they ever cared, kinda sucks but it is what it is.

And about HiC, I definitely think we'll see him react to Roy's death and some interactions with Wally and Bruce at the end, but not much else. The amnesia doesn't seem to play into the story at all, at least according to the BC rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bruce forbids them because he wants Dick to live in peace free of superheroic is my theory based on how Alfred did that with Bruce
    Why would they listen to Bruce?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Well its a lot of stuff happening at least. I don't care about Dick not being in Titans. Its garbage although that cover is nice.
    I care when Titans is about to get so much coverage it **** and i am not dealing with all this crap piling up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I could see the upcoming Kyle/Donna pairing...
    God is this the first time that a Titans/TT is not leaded by a Robin?This feels so fresh. I will give it a shot.
    On the other hand I feel so sorry for Dick. He is going to lose his memories,his nickname,his family,his friends,his team book,and even a decent writer on his solo…Sad.
    At least Dick is getting OUT of that cesspool book Titans and away from Abnett. Thank heavens. The cancellation of that wretched book hopefully won't be too far behind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    At least Dick is getting OUT of that cesspool book Titans and away from Abnett. Thank heavens. The cancellation of that wretched book hopefully won't be too far behind.
    Poor donna tho
    Wonder Woman gives no fucks about her so if the book tanks she will be lost again, at least Garth, roy and wally are all on speaking terms with their mentors
    Beast boy and Raven will be 17 forever and fine

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Poor donna tho
    Wonder Woman gives no fucks about her so if the book tanks she will be lost again, at least Garth, roy and wally are all on speaking terms with their mentors
    Beast boy and Raven will be 17 forever and fine
    I really want Donna to actually have a damn connection to Wondy. I miss the 90-2000s where they actually interacted.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want Donna to actually have a damn connection to Wondy. I miss the 90-2000s where they actually interacted.
    you mean when they were sisters