Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Jason's inclusion on the show seems to be to drive Dick to become Nightwing and expand on his relationship with Batman.

If we get a Red Hood storyline or spinoff, I don't see it happening until a while down the road. This Jason is too young to be Red Hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    So apparently there are plans for a Batgirl TV series on the DC Universe streaming service. I'm a bit annoyed that Nightwing got stuck having to be part of poorly designed Titans series instead of getting his own show if they are going to throw out solo series like Batgirl, Stargirl, Swamp Thing and so on. That just kind of annoys me.
    First I've heard of it.

If true, either it's a different Batgirl or the movie isn't happening.

What are you guys even talking about lmao, there are no plans for a Batgirl series. The only rumoured Titans spin-offs were Hawk and Dove, and the now-in-production Doom Patrol series. A Nightwing spin-off that takes him to Gotham in between seasons is so much more likely than anything else, a Raven spin-off second. They're literally launching their service off the backs of Dick and Raven, if they want to go full street-leveller, there's only one choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jason's inclusion on the show seems to be to drive Dick to become Nightwing and expand on his relationship with Batman.

If we get a Red Hood storyline or spinoff, I don't see it happening until a while down the road. This Jason is too young to be Red Hood.
    I wouldn't think they would do one without some time passing first. If there would be a spin off I would think around Titans season 3 if it gets that far.

I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been any other trailers October is next month, it drops the 12th I believe. Less than 30 days.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    What are you guys even talking about lmao, there are no plans for a Batgirl series. The only rumoured Titans spin-offs were Hawk and Dove, and the now-in-production Doom Patrol series. A Nightwing spin-off that takes him to Gotham in between seasons is so much more likely than anything else, a Raven spin-off second. They're literally launching their service off the backs of Dick and Raven, if they want to go full street-leveller, there's only one choice.
    and apparently is batgirl

https://fandomwire.com/2018/09/14/ex...o-dc-universe/

First I've heard of it.

If true, either it's a different Batgirl or the movie isn't happening.
    Well yeah, I didn't mean they were going to make a Red Hood show next year. It will be set up after they kill him off obviously. So several years down the road. Still not a fan of how they are going the angsty Batman fallout route, but nothing can be done about that I guess.

I get the feeling that most of those movies aren't happening. Still a shame Barbara got shut out of the BoP movie because of a Batgirl movie that probably isn't going to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Stargirl and Swamp Thing series have been confirmed too already. That along with the Harley Quinn animated series.

Here is the link to the Batgirl news. Guess we will find out how credible it is over the next few days or weeks. https://fandomwire.com/2018/09/14/ex...o-dc-universe/

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I love how the article says Babs is the first Batgirl.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Honestly with how bad the movies have been I'd rather DC populate their streaming service instead.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Honestly with how bad the movies have been I'd rather DC populate their streaming service instead.
    The shows aren't looking that much better. I'm surprised how much money ithey are investing in this yet they have such a poor marketing

Do they have a good track record for leaks? Because if this was legitimate I think more sites would be jumping on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well yeah, I didn't mean they were going to make a Red Hood show next year. It will be set up after they kill him off obviously. So several years down the road. Still not a fan of how they are going the angsty Batman fallout route, but nothing can be done about that I guess.
    From the sound of it Jason's inclusion is going to challenge some of Dick's preconceptions about Batman so I think that will start to move away from the "@#$% Batman" stuff from the trailer.

But just killing off Jason doesn't immediately lead to Red Hood. I think they'd need a time skip and maybe an older actor. Although maybe by then the actor they have would be old enough to pull it off.

The shows aren't looking that much better. I'm surprised how much money ithey are investing in this yet they have such a poor marketing
    Titans I feel like is going to be the first victim of the streaming service but it will be a lesson that the other creators will learn. I feel like Stargirl will probably be a hit and Doom Patrol seems to be the most hyped so far plus it is really the only show with constant news about it, it feels like anyway.

Do they have a good track record for leaks? Because if this was legitimate I think more sites would be jumping on it.

From the sound of it Jason's inclusion is going to challenge some of Dick's preconceptions about Batman so I think that will start to move away from the "@#$% Batman" stuff from the trailer.

But just killing off Jason doesn't immediately lead to Red Hood. I think they'd need a time skip and maybe an older actor. Although maybe by then the actor they have would be old enough to pull it off.
    They are doing Marc Andreyko Annual, because nothing can happen to Dick that doesn't involve Batman. And the original in New Teen Titans was such a good transition story, but hey! lets shove Todd in there, so it would be a step born of anger, disappointment and resentment instead of maturity, hope and growth.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-14-2018 at 09:15 PM.

They are doing Marc Andreyko Annual, because nothing can happen to Dick that doesn't involve Batman. And the original in New Teen Titans was such a good transition story, but hey! lets shove Todd in there, so it would be a step born of anger, disappointment and resentment instead of maturity, hope and growth.
    I dunno, the way they've described Dick's character development and Jason's role in it seems to imply that to some degree.

I dunno, the way they've described Dick's character development and Jason's role in it seems to imply that to some degree.
    Jason never has really had a role on Dick's character developmet, he is just used as an extencion of Bruce and HIS relationship with Dick. In this show his role is "adds insult to injury", as it has been descrived as: "It's like running into your ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend, minus the sexual tension" not sure what degree of maturity, hope or growth you see there.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-14-2018 at 10:56 PM.

If it gets him to Nightwing, I’ll take it.

Jason never has really had a role on Dick's character developmet, he is just used as an extencion of Bruce and HIS relationship with Dick. In this show his role is "adds insult to injury", as it has been descrived as: "It's like running into your ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend, minus the sexual tension" not sure what degree of maturity, hope or growth you see there.
    Yeah Jason's death affected Tim and Bruce more than Dick really. Not to say Dick didn't feel anything, when he got back from space he grieved and was upset but ultimately moved on. There wasn't anything he could really do for Jason.

With Tim it was a cautionary tale, an anvil over his head. He wants to be Robin because he knows it's the right thing to do and that it will help Bruce in the long run. Jason's ghost would always be with him and Bruce. Bruce had his greatest failure with not being able to save Jason.

This version of Dick and Jason's dynamic seems antagonistic which I'm fine with since Jason is a douche and that fits his character. It seems like the story will play out like "I'm the new Robin and I'm gonna be better than you." I would be surprised if they didn't come to blows, also I doubt that Dick would have given his blessing for Jason to be the new Robin since Dick is still wearing the suit. I don't know how I feel about Dick becoming Nightwing without the Judas Contract storyline in a Titans show. I do hope that when Dick finally decides to make amends we see him and Bruce together in live action. That would make this whole show worth it.