Page 49 of 182 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Or maybe dr.netz is still inside dicks head and with dick having amnesia next can take control just in time for the superman spy event.

But this is DC, dick will just walk around bludhaven thinking about babs.
    Yea that's more interesting than what they're promoting right now

Fantastic Member

the only positive turn out for this amnesia narrative is if the Bat editors uses this opportunity to actually develop Dick's relationship with Barbara as batgirl for the new fans and stop giving us a pretend relationship with Babs as oracle. who no longer exist. focus on Dick's relationshipwith the batfamily not some random civilians that would go in obscurity when this story is over.

Please no babs or batfamily for a while, dick will never have his own cast if the family is taking all of focus.

Im tired of nightwing the sidekick, dick needs more of his own especially now that he's cut off form the greater DCU again.

the only bat characters who should maybe regulars are the one's that don't already have a home.

Fantastic Member

Please no babs or batfamily for a while, dick will never have his own cast if the family is taking all of focus.

Im tired of nightwing the sidekick, dick needs more of his own especially now that he's cut off form the greater DCU again.

the only bat characters who should maybe regulars are the one's that don't already have a home.
    I understand your stance. I too would like more for Nightwing outside bludhaven/Gotham but Right now DC has gone to great lengths to keep Dick in Batman's shadow. They may as well just go with stories that includes the family, the only thing I have enjoyed about Dick's solo.

I agree too, about the bat characters without a home.

Conversely, the last thing I want is for Dick's comic to become a dumping ground for the cling-on Bat-characters that can't carry their own title. But I don't have an issue with him interacting with the core members of the family.

Dick's relationship with Bruce is integral to his character.
    Dick and Barbara have a long established partnership leaving aside any romantic history.
    Dick as the first Robin should always be a mentoring figure to the current Robin.

They shouldn't be the core focus of the book, but I don't mind them showing up.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Conversely, the last thing I want is for Dick's comic to become a dumping ground for the cling-on Bat-characters that can't carry their own title. But I don't have an issue with him interacting with the core members of the family.

Dick's relationship with Bruce is integral to his character.
    Dick and Barbara have a long established partnership leaving aside any romantic history.
    Dick as the first Robin should always be a mentoring figure to the current Robin.

They shouldn't be the core focus of the book, but I don't mind them showing up.
    Bruce can kick rocks, tim has no purpose so why doesn't he lean on him and be his meat shield/moral line

Babs is his first love and one of his closet friends, He was Damian first friend and is very important to his characters foundation
    Then we get into Alfred, I don't want sever his batfamily connection, their no reason that he cant have both

Also

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Where can you find this? Would they really let Dick win?
    what do you mean let win, you don't believe in him

BANNED

Or maybe dr.netz is still inside dicks head and with dick having amnesia next can take control just in time for the superman spy event.

But this is DC, dick will just walk around bludhaven thinking about babs.
    Wouldn't he have forgotten her, too, along with the rest of the Bat-Family?

So I read some of the comments Didio has made about Nightwing and the whole Heroes in Crisis thing.

I know this is wishful thinking that flies in the face of all previous experiences, but is it even slightly possible that DC has settled on a actual direction and purpose for Nightwing, and they're setting the table for it now?

I said not too long ago that almost any direction would be better than not having a direction at all......is that about to be put to the test?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So I read some of the comments Didio has made about Nightwing and the whole Heroes in Crisis thing.

I know this is wishful thinking that flies in the face of all previous experiences, but is it even slightly possible that DC has settled on a actual direction and purpose for Nightwing, and they're setting the table for it now?

I said not too long ago that almost any direction would be better than not having a direction at all......is that about to be put to the test?
    I really don't understand what is happening right now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I wish I could hold your level of optimism. You are awesome!!!!!!

What did he say?

Edit: Ah. So the writers did come up with the idea, just like I thought, but then Didio want them to expand to include other books so they can make the events as big as possible, which make sense from selling pov

Speaking of family, reading Batgirl made me realize why she feels so much grounded but independent than Nightwing despite still operating in Gotham, it's because she has her family. While Commissioner Gordon is Batman's supporting cast, the Gordons as a family is special to Barbara. Her circle of best friends may rotate but the Gordons will always be there.

Likewise, Batman has Alfred and Jim Gordon as his irreplaceable supporting cast.

Compare to Dick, his close relationships have been with Bruce, Babs, Kori, Damian, and Wally. All of them have their own books or team so they're not people who can appear regularly. Same with everyone, his supporting cast also change all the time, but he doesn't have consistent companions like the Gordons. Haley's Circus should be it, but they screw it up with Death of The Family. Tiger and Spyral should be another, but they're too far away and so far only Seeley uses them.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-25-2018 at 07:43 PM.

That interview was depressing. It was done right after Batman #50 came out. Everything he said was about Percy's plans to slowly build and expand the Dark Web story, while tying into Heroes in Crisis in the mean-time (amnesia).

Guess which of those storylines we're getting? And who's doing the writing?

Every seemingly uplifting thing said in the interview no longer applies, things are definitely not going as planned. We'll have to wait and see the results in #50 and more importantly #51 onward. I choose to give the book the benefit of the doubt for a couple reasons, but there are few reasons to actually have faith, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    That interview was depressing. It was done right after Batman #50 came out. Everything he said was about Percy's plans to slowly build and expand the Dark Web story, while tying into Heroes in Crisis in the mean-time (amnesia).

Every seemingly uplifting thing said in the interview no longer applies, things are definitely not going as planned. We'll have to wait and see the results in #50 and more importantly #51 onward. I choose to give the book the benefit of the doubt for a couple reasons, but there are few reasons to actually have faith, imo.
    Oh... I was wondering, because that sounds like Dark Web than amnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Ah, crap. I didn't notice the interview was out-dated. Damn.

I mean, I didnt have a ton of faith in the first place, but damn.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.