Page 38 of 182 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Doom Patrol were acknowledged in NTT and were in the last season of the original Teen Titans cartoon. They're a big part of Beast Boy's character.

The Jason and Bludhaven stuff just seems to be there to expand on Dick's ties to the Batfamily (Jason) or give him a life outside of being Robin (Bludhaven)
    I'm talking more about the buzz/promotion of Titans particularly with Doom Patrol, everyone seems more excited about that show than Titans. No one has been talking about how it's going to build Beast Boy's character or excited for the connection. The only thing I've seen is people worried about him being green and his relationship with Raven who is played by a much younger actress. Not much in relation to his family in the Doom Patrol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Why is a sexual harasser like Lobdell writing Nightwing? Red Hood fans bend over backwards to this scum because he is only one who cares about the unpopular Robin. I will not. Dick is a shining beacon of hope and love. He deserves a lot better than Lobdell. DC needs to find even a decent average writer to replace him.
    Someone did say that. A shining beacon of hope and love? Really

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Doom Patrol were acknowledged in NTT and were in the last season of the original Teen Titans cartoon. They're a big part of Beast Boy's character.

The Jason and Bludhaven stuff just seems to be there to expand on Dick's ties to the Batfamily (Jason) or give him a life outside of being Robin (Bludhaven).

That's what it's starting out as but I imagine it will be moving past that over the course of the first season.

The plan is the Titans coming together as a team.

It's been said that the first season will kind of feel like a movie as the team slowly starts to come together.
    The last thing Dick needs is expand his ties to the Batfamily, even worse be defined by them, and for some reason the idea it would last longer than a season doesn't makes it more appealing to me

In the same note I have never seen anyone say "Yes! it would be a slow season!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    The last thing Dick needs is expand his ties to the Batfamily, even worse be defined by them, and for some reason the idea it would last longer than a season doesn't makes it more appealing to me

In the same note I have never seen anyone say "Yes! it would be a slow season!"
    His ties couldn't be any stronger he is at the heart why loose them
    without them he be Booster gold

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How would he be Booster?

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If Nightwing can't stand on his own than DC shouldn't invest in Nightwing and give him a push! He's still way to much under Batman and the Batfamily, it makes him into Batman's sidekick and DC and WB will not push a sidekick who can't stand on there own.

Nightwing being so to the Batfamily is why we have a new status quo every 2 years. Dick should feel like he left the nest and still be connected to the family but not like he's still living at home with daddy and the kids.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 09-16-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If Nightwing can't stand on his own than DC shouldn't invest in Nightwing and give him a push! He's still way to much under Batman and the Batfamily, it makes him into Batman's sidekick and DC and WB will not push a sidekick who can't stand on there own.

Nightwing being so to the Batfamily is why we have a new status quo every 2 years. Dick should feel like he left the nest and still be connected to the family but not like he's still living at home with daddy and the kids.
    He is going to forget everything about Batfam and Titans in the next month. Although I don't know if that's the right way to make him stand on his own.

Mighty Member

Placeholders again. Nightwing is in creative team chaos. At least I can drop Titans since Dick is no longer there. It's going monthly too, so I'm just waiting for the inevitable relaunch.

Kyle's art looks pretty weird, like Dick was supposed to be in there but they redrew over him. Honestly with how things have been I wouldn't be surprised that this Titans replacement came out of left field and they had to turn him into Kyle. Kinda like The Protector in the NTT PSAs.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Placeholders again. Nightwing is in creative team chaos. At least I can drop Titans since Dick is no longer there. It's going monthly too, so I'm just waiting for the inevitable relaunch.
    Titans is not going monthly, just skipping Christmas week.
    It looks like last month: a filling solicit, waiting for the true one. Still waiting to know what's planned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    Titans is not going monthly, just skipping Christmas week.
    It looks like last month: a filling solicit, waiting for the true one. Still waiting to know what's planned.
    Don't care what happens to that book as long as they get rid of Abnett.

Ya, I’ll be glad to finally drop Titans. Been a complete waste of my time and money since TH #1. Abnett has accomplished nothing with the Titans or it’s characters. It’s rather sad actually.

Fantastic Member

I am a little sad that Dick gets kicked out when Abnett’s writing started to improve. Kyle and Dick’s interaction would be fun.

Anyway, DC has not officially announced Lobdell as the permanent writer on Nightwing, which indicates they still are searching for a new writer. And I suppose Travis Moore will stay on the book for a while. Both are good news for me.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-18-2018 at 01:59 AM.

Abnett definitely seems to have had Dick taken away unexpectedly. Had he known, I suspect he'd have just removed him at the roster change and had someone else (probably Donna as she's the only other one in both the previous and current rosters) take leadership and assemble the new team. Kyle wouldn't have been available at the time though, as he was still in the Green Lantern books. As of November, he won't be in GL any more. I wonder if him being the replacement was Abnett's decision, or editorial's?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In Batman #55 the bat and the bird are fighting the mummies of... King Tut, maybe? I can totally see King remaking Tut this way
    BM-55-4-5.jpg