Page 47 of 182 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh.

I just realize why DC is fine with killing or mistreating or erasing characters they don't prefer and potentially lose a bunch of money and fans from comics.

Because comic doesn't get that big of a profit anyway so they rely more on TV, games, and movies ...or however that works. I don't know how much comic gets in comparison to other media, and I don't know how they get money from TV, but I remember people talking about how comics don't get as much as they use to and they're declining.

Also, with the more popular version are popularizing Barry instead of Wally, for example, they can kill Wally and not lose fans because the fans they lose for Wally in comics is replaced by the fansw for Barry through TV and movies. TV fans don't know the Wally of comics so they don't need to care, and the Justice League cartoon was so long ago it doesn't matter. Kids today probably don't know Justice League Unlimited beyond the meme, what they know are DC Superhero Girls, the TV shows and other web cartoons.

Same goes for Tim Drake.

They keep enough bait for comic fans to keep the comic afloat, but unless they're in the top five or something they probably don't care and pay more attention to the other media that can give them more money.

The larger company is DC Entertainment, not DC Comics. The comic division is just one branch of a whole that sells the same character.
    Thus Dick grayson only Hope is to blow through the Titans series and if that fails then its over the chracters wlil be dead
    and i be they will jsut moove ontojason

I’m down to Batman and the Bendis Superman books that I’m buying from DC and that’s it.

I bought literally every book when the New 52 started, and it’s dwindled down to these three.

Lodbell on Nightwing? Not only no, but NEVER. He’s my favorite character but I won’t read him if they put him with Lodbell.

Killing Wally, Roy, Tim? Yea, that’s a no from me too. I don’t care that they’ll all return eventually, as do all characters who are killed off, but killing off characters is all DC seems to do lately and they seem to do it purely as a gimmick. I’m not buying that crap.

I might as well go back to Marvel or just stop reading comics altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Thus Dick grayson only Hope is to blow through the Titans series and if that fails then its over the chracters wlil be dead
    and i be they will jsut moove ontojason
    If only. True I don't think it would matter one way or the other. Young Justice was a success among the young adult crew, immense presence on the internet and did nothing for the characters in comics. I don't think Justice League Unlimited ever helped Shayera, J'onn J'onzz or John Stewart and the there is Wally, again. Cyborg in the the Justice League and nothing. Cartoon Network's Teen Titans and Teen titans go, The Lego Batman Movie, all successes and ther you have their characters.

Titans is about to premier in a little more that a month and the only character DC is promoting and branching is Jason Todd, because, dark and edge I guess.

Some times it's hard not to think their sales strategy is mind-blowing stupid, the only thing left is assume there is something the public can't see, but then they put Lobdell on Nightwing book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Titans is about to premier in a little more that a month and the only character DC is promoting and branching is Jason Todd, because, dark and edge I guess.
    I think that's more because it was one of the few things that got people excited about the show. And their version of Jason seems less dark and edgy than the main characters.
    The fan reaction to the costume reveals of the main character and the first trailer (staring these characters) was for the most part negative or indifferent, mostly they apparently tried to go dark and edgy opposed to fun.

And sofar it is really hard to tell how much Jason will actually be on the show, I doubt he will be in every episode, and the main plot of the show seems to be about Raven.

I don't think Justice League Unlimited ever helped Shayera, J'onn J'onzz or John Stewart and the there is Wally, again.
    Honestly it is for the casual view really hard to tell who the Flash in the DCAU was.
    Last edited by Aahz; 09-23-2018 at 10:09 AM.

BANNED

If only. True I don't think it would matter one way or the other. Young Justice was a success among the young adult crew, immense presence on the internet and did nothing for the characters in comics. I don't think Justice League Unlimited ever helped Shayera, J'onn J'onzz or John Stewart and the there is Wally, again. Cyborg in the the Justice League and nothing. Cartoon Network's Teen Titans and Teen titans go, The Lego Batman Movie, all successes and ther you have their characters.

Some times it's hard not to think their sales strategy is mind-blowing stupid, the only thing left is assume there is something the public can't see, but then they put Lobdell on Nightwing book.
    Jason in that preview doesn't seem dark and edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think that's more because it was one of the few things that got people excited about the show. And their version of Jason seems less dark and edgy than the main characters.
    The fan reaction to the costume reveals of the main character and the first trailer (staring these characters) was for the most part negative or indifferent, mostly they apparently tried to go dark and edgy opposed to fun.
    As far as I remember Dick's and Hawk and Dove's costumes got people super excited, and that was it, not more promotion until the trailer that went and used the paparazzi's looks everybody hated.

I think you can't compare reactions to two different efforts, if they had bother to promote the Titans at all, people may have been excited about them.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason in that preview doesn't seem dark and edgy.
    It was a guess, I have no idea why they would prioritize Jason instead any of the presumed protagonists. But here we are, the show isn't going to give a push to anyone DC isn't pushing already

It was Batman Day. They promoted their Robins episode for Batman Day. Dick is the main character of the show, Jason exists solely to build Dick up. The showrunner himself said so in the interview that accompanied the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Probably a reason why they shot him in the head. So they don't have to involve him in the DCU stories.
    Yeah it feels like DC wants to do a specific idea for Dick ,"amnesia" just to avoid doing actual character work. The editor just says make him forget and figure it out yourself.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Let's just hope this amnesia direction doesn't drag on for too long. It would be a disaster if Dick is cut of from the rest of the DCU for next 2 years or so.

Extraordinary Member

its might of been the jsutice leagure but Super, Bats and Wondy were all that mattered. Animated serieos are about selling toys so that not comprenble

Titans will Nightiwing live action debut and give the GP (general public) a look into nightwing, if they respond well then DC might prioritize him. Hes the fricken face of their new Streaming servce
    Halrey quinn thrives and nearly snatches Wonderwomans crown becasue the GP loves her and thuse DC will continue expending effort into her multiples books, and animated series, 2 movies lined up

To think I thought i was all gonna line for NW with his book, titans and Young Justice I miss the me of 6 weeks ago

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

And so far it is really hard to tell how much Jason will actually be on the show, I doubt he will be in every episode, and the main plot of the show seems to be about Raven.

Honestly, it is for the casual view really hard to tell who the Flash in the DCAU was.
    That last part. I wasn't into comics back when JLU was on and I didn't know the difference between Barry and Wally. I just know there were two, one younger and older, one died, and I didn't really care who's who because they're both Flash and I don't know the difference.

I only started caring once I read comics and saw the difference between the two characters, and when they cast Grant Gustin and also Ezra Miller my first reaction was "They should be Wally because they're too young to be Barry"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That last part. I wasn't into comics back when JLU was on and I didn't know the difference between Barry and Wally. I just know there were two, one younger and older, one died, and I didn't really care who's who because they're both Flash and I don't know the difference.

I only started caring once I read comics and saw the difference between the two characters, and when they cast Grant Gustin and also Ezra Miller my first reaction was "They should be Wally because they're too young to be Barry"
    you can only buy comics at certain tores so if your a kid what you gonna do?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    you can only buy comics at certain tores so if your a kid what you gonna do?
    Sometimes they show up in a regular bookstore, but randomly and sparingly. The same issue can stay on the shelf for weeks without being updated by a new one. So I only bought one and I picked the one shot or stories that ends that issue... not that I cared about continuity because I was mainly there for the art, or if it features a character I like from the cartoons

Seems that Spyral will return again in Action Comics:

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Good lookin out, Dispenser Of Truth.

There's a whole lot to chew on here. Like SK points out, it seems like Clark, Lois, and Jimmy find out that Leviathan is single person that seems to have an organization built around them. That's very fascinating, and it means yet another Morrison idea will be at the head of an event and will be actively expounded on, so that's big ups from me to Bendis on that. If I'm not mistaken, there's an interview out there where Bendis talked about how he'd be bringing all some tie-ins to Doomsday Clock. Clark's desk in issue 1001 did say "the Superman theory" after all.

Oh and I found the quote where Bendis talked about the organizations being part of an upcoming story he's working on that's part of Action Comics' second arc. He even specifically name drops Leviathan.

Bendis: "Yeah, there's a couple things that Dan DiDio has pointed at and said, hey, what do you think of that? And one of those ideas is actually going to be my second arc of Action Comics. It's something we were cooking with Checkmate, Spyral and Leviathan. So we'll be dealing with that going into the first year as well."

https://www.newsarama.com/41087-bend...p-focused.html

So, this is seeming like a legitimate tease for an actual event/story arc that sort of requires the reader to look for clues to even get it.

Once issue 1003 comes out, anyone with a twitter wanna @Bendis and confirm or at least get a knowing "oh I dunnoooo" wink out of him?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...90#post3921090

Well good thing Dicks has amnesia and is gonna be wandering around Bluhaven trying the be "normal". Uhg, someone seriously shoot me too.