Page 97 of 182 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why no one is talking about how awesome the episode 2 of Titans was?
    Our boy may not been in a great shape in the comics, but he is shining with the series.

The "We're the kids in America" scene was so awesome!
    I thought episode 2 was even better than the first. Very surprised that CW wouldn't pick it up; maybe Netflix will. It's probably increasing the customers into the DC Streaming Service--it's the only reason I signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I thought episode 2 was even better than the first. Very surprised that CW wouldn't pick it up; maybe Netflix will. It's probably increasing the customers into the DC Streaming Service--it's the only reason I signed up.
    Netflix already announced that they going to distribute the show worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I really have been pleasently surprised by Titans. It's a shame that it won't have as large an audience as the CW shows and won't expose Dick to as many fans as Green Arrow or Flash, but I'm glad that it thus far appears to be substancially better.
    I don't know if its "substantially better" considering that so far its only on its second episode. The shows still in the new and shiny phase, I would wait till the season is over before claiming that.

of course I know this is a matter of opinion, but I thought I should put my two cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I don't know if its "substantially better" considering that so far its only on its second episode. The shows still in the new and shiny phase, I would wait till the season is over before claiming that.

of course I know this is a matter of opinion, but I thought I should put my two cents in.
    That's a fair point. I enjoyed the first season or so of Arrow. There's plenty of time for this show to decline.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    No actually, DC forced Morrison to bring Bruce back as soon as possible. This meant Morrison' final B&R issue was #16, and while he still continued to use Dick as Batman and Dick continued being Batman in the DCU, he did lose that focus. He also lost the focus of the Streets of Gotham book after Bruce was back. And of course, the whole reboot being forced onto the universe meant Dick would lose all the books he was in at the time, from Batman to Justice League, and get stuck with only Nightwing. Keep in mind that Robinson was also unable to publish several Justice League story arcs in which Dick as Batman and leader was a main character, two of which were a Thanagar-Saturn war and a whole Gemworld storyline.

So yes, as fans of the character we received many more stories prominently featuring the character during the Batman Reborn era. But we DC did interrupt some books with the Return of Bruce Wayne and many more with Flashpoint and the New 52 afterwards. Of course, I'd much rather go back to that than keep what we have now.
    Is it confirmed that Morrison was forced to bring Bruce back as soon as possible? It wouldn't be surprising, but I didn't hear about this.

I mean it was obvious from the beginning that the "death" of Bruce was temporary. Also, it's obvious that Morrison doesn't plan to write more about Dick Batman after the return of Bruce.

However, DC even mantained Dick as Batman after the return of Bruce until New 52. Then, DC seemed to appreciate the popularity of Dick as Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-21-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I really have been pleasently surprised by Titans. It's a shame that it won't have as large an audience as the CW shows and won't expose Dick to as many fans as Green Arrow or Flash, but I'm glad that it thus far appears to be substancially better.
    Yeah. At this moment, I can't pay the streaming, so I can't see this, but I hear it's a pretty good show.

Unfortunately, due to the format, it will be difficult that Titans show will reach a big new audience. So, I don't know if it can help Dick in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Netflix already announced that they going to distribute the show worldwide.
    However, Netflix won't stream Titans in USA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. At this moment, I can't pay the streaming, so I can't see this, but I hear it's a pretty good show.

Unfortunately, due to the format, it will be difficult that Titans show will reach a big new audience. So, I don't know if it can help Dick in comics.

However, Netflix won't stream Titans in USA.
    So subscribing to DC Streaming is the only way to get it? I can see Netflix streaming the first season after the second season starts up, but they want to recoup some cash asap.

So subscribing to DC Streaming is the only way to get it? I can see Netflix streaming the first season after the second season starts up, but they want to recoup some cash asap.
    The only way legally but yeah, unless you want to move to another country that is going to stream Titans.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The only way legally but yeah, unless you want to move to another country that is going to stream Titans.
    My mother-in-law would enjoy that too much! I'll pay for the streaming and stay put.

Incredible Member

Titans has been awesome. It is well written so far and well produced. They did a great job with Dick Grayson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Titans has been awesome. It is well written so far and well produced. They did a great job with Dick Grayson.
    Yeah, they've got some good writers on the project. I like how things are slowly being revealed. Hank calling Dick a psychopath was pretty rich.

Is it confirmed that Morrison was forced to bring Bruce back as soon as possible? It wouldn't be surprising, but I didn't hear about this.

I mean it was obvious from the beginning that the "death" of Bruce was temporary. Also, it's obvious that Morrison doesn't plan to write more about Dick Batman after the return of Bruce.

However, DC even mantained Dick as Batman after the return of Bruce until New 52. Then, DC seemed to appreciate the popularity of Dick as Batman.
    Yes, it's a known fact. Morrison had a lot more ideas for Dick and Damian and really wanted them to continue being Batman and Robin together even afterwards, but yeah, the New 52 happened. And you should note that Dick's past as Batman was kept in tact only to keep the Batman franchise consistent enough for things to continue as is, i.e. Morrison's second volume of Incorporated. He time as Batman during Prodigal was ignored, and now both times are rarely mentioned outside of the Nightwing book.

Bruce's death was always meant to lead to Bruce's rebirth under Morrison's pen, it has no bearing on his idea to evolve Dick as a character. His run was meant to do two things to the Batman franchise: re-establish Bruce Wayne as the protagonist instead of Batman (so the whole reason Batman is as good as he is, is because it is Bruce Wayne under the cowl) and re-develop the Batman identity as a more well-rounded character (so placing Dick under the cowl was done to elevate the franchise itself). So he didn't ever run out of ideas for Dick, he just put them aside to focus on Bruce like he always intended. It's no different than Snyder changing his Court of Owls pitch to be a Bruce Wayne story instead of a Dick Grayson one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yes, it's a known fact. Morrison had a lot more ideas for Dick and Damian and really wanted them to continue being Batman and Robin together even afterwards, but yeah, the New 52 happened. And you should note that Dick's past as Batman was kept in tact only to keep the Batman franchise consistent enough for things to continue as is, i.e. Morrison's second volume of Incorporated. He time as Batman during Prodigal was ignored, and now both times are rarely mentioned outside of the Nightwing book.

Bruce's death was always meant to lead to Bruce's rebirth under Morrison's pen, it has no bearing on his idea to evolve Dick as a character. His run was meant to do two things to the Batman franchise: re-establish Bruce Wayne as the protagonist instead of Batman (so the whole reason Batman is as good as he is, is because it is Bruce Wayne under the cowl) and re-develop the Batman identity as a more well-rounded character (so placing Dick under the cowl was done to elevate the franchise itself). So he didn't ever run out of ideas for Dick, he just put them aside to focus on Bruce like he always intended. It's no different than Snyder changing his Court of Owls pitch to be a Bruce Wayne story instead of a Dick Grayson one.
    This is pretty interesting. Thank you for the answer.

So, Morrison has more stories for Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin, but he will only write about them until the return of Bruce. Then, when Bruce returned (seems to have been accelerated by DC), he just stoped to write about them.

Regarding the time of Dick as Batman, I wouldn't be surprised if the next retcon just erase that part of Dick story.

BANNED

This is pretty interesting. Thank you for the answer.

So, Morrison has more stories for Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin, but he will only write about them until the return of Bruce. Then, when Bruce returned (seems to have been accelerated by DC), he just stoped to write about them.

Regarding the time of Dick as Batman, I wouldn't be surprised if the next retcon just erase that part of Dick story.
    I could live with that as long as it retcons out bald-headed Ric Grayson.

I could live with that as long as it retcons out bald-headed Ric Grayson.
    Please no. Ric Grayson is bad, yes. But Dick's time as Batman also brought on his big brother relationship with Damian, and allowed a lot of character growth for the youngest Bat Boy.