Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2724

Given that Grayson was Didio's idea, I'd be curious to see what he'd do with Nightwing to make him not hate him.

I'd take that over what we've gotten over the past two years.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DiDio would probably have "Ric's" head get blown off in the next chapter. Permanently.
    I think I would rather he died and be safe then written horribly

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm reading Batman The Golden Age Volume 2 and this is apparently the first time Batman's faced with dead Robin

BatRob.jpg

He didn't even check, he just assumed he's dead after seeing him bludgeoned horribly, then after Dick moaned and alerted Batman he's still alive, he threatened some random doctor to help him and stormed the hideout of the mob responsible without bulletproof vest, taking 3 shots, forced a confession, handed them to the police, where they noticed that's the scariest Batman ever looked, before going back to the doctor and only fainted after hearing that Dick's going to be fine.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    That would mean Dan Didio would be writing the Nightwing book. Give me Lobdell any day.
    Well, Dan Didio is already the ghost writer then. What is worse than Didio?Didio plus Lobdell!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Given that Grayson was Didio's idea, I'd be curious to see what he'd do with Nightwing to make him not hate him.

I'd take that over what we've gotten over the past two years.
    The amnesia thing was highly likely to be Didio's idea.
    1)Based on the information we've got,it was enforced from the higher-up of DC
    2)It almost led to the same situation as in Grayson: Dick was isolated, being more violent than he would be(that was the super spy direction supposed to be like but SeeKing saved Grayson),and all of his relationships among the DCU were gone.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 11-13-2018 at 10:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    The amnesia thing was highly likely to be Didio's idea.
    1)Based on the information we've got,it was enforced from the higher-up of DC
    2)It almost led to the same situation as in Grayson: Dick was isolated, being more violent than he would be(that was the super spy direction supposed to be like but SeeKing saved Grayson),and all of his relationships among the DCU were gone.
    I never understand why the goal is always to isolate Dick Grayson and remove him from everything that's happening elsewhere (unless he's the Designated Sacrificial Lamb). What's he going to do--get cooties on Superman?
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-13-2018 at 11:57 PM.

There doesn’t seem to be even that much forward thought or plan with this, devious or otherwise. King wanted to shoot him in the head, and the Bat office thought they could run with it. But they struggled to even walk with it and so they produced this embarrassment. This seems more on the Bat office and Nightwing’s current editors then Didio.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2018 at 12:43 AM.

The Bat Office are the ones who have been trying to isolate Dick Grayson since the got him in the 90’s but Titans has good Word of mouth and will hit Netflix internationally soon. All Dick will ever be is Batman # 2 in the Bat Office and to use him in a story involving Batman at this point it 100 % expected they will take a No. 2 on his life and leave a writer to deal with the consequences. After Percy you won’t find current talent to write his book because what’s the point? Dick has been given the path of being a replacement Batman and after two stints no one want to write DickBats, Nightwing is stuck in Bludhaven & Tom King still has 40 issues to finish his story which has not and will not use the Bat Family for anything but cannon fodder

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    There doesn’t seem to be even that much forward thought or plan with this, devious or otherwise. King wanted to shoot him in the head, and the Bat office thought they could run with it. But they struggled to even walk with it and so they produced this embarrassment. This seems more on the Bat office and Nightwing’s current editors then Didio.
    But Percy's pitch was approved by the Bat office. Remember the original preview of Nightwing #49 and #50?They abruptly changed everything to impose the amnesia story.

Yet Didio thought Percy was still writing the book when he talked about Heroes In Crisis and Nightwing. This stuff is tasked to offices and their editors.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I never understand why the goal is always to isolate Dick Grayson and remove him from everything that's happening elsewhere (unless he's the Designated Sacrificial Lamb). What's he going to do--get cooties on Superman?
    1)Didio hates him and can't stand Dick Grayson has more exposure.
    2)Bat office is wary of any risks that will push Dick further away from the Batman franchise and make him closer to the Titans
    3)writers in other offices have no interest to use another Bat character. They are desperately trying to keep their independence from Batman's shadow. And if they have to use a Bat, of course they will pick THE Bat.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 11-14-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yet Didio thought Percy was still writing the book when he talked about Heroes In Crisis and Nightwing. This stuff is tasked to offices and their editors.
    Then why did the editors intervene a story they already approved?

My best guess, and I’m just guessing, King went to his editors with shooting Dick and they wanted to run with it. Percy not so much, as he came on to do his Dark Web story, but still he came up with something. Later other opportunities open for him and so he walked. Leaving them to have to come up with something fast and dirty.

Quite frankly the management on the book has been struggling to put and keep anything together since Seeley wanted out. So it seems rather plausible to me that they would struggle to put a this half cooked idea together like this, drive a creator away, and leave us with this half assed mess dependent on old vets who can quickly come up with something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-14-2018 at 03:38 AM.

BANNED

There is more talent out there than just The Old Boys' Network. There are literally thousands of hungry young writers at any of the major cons. The companies should be scouting for talent. There has got to be a hither-unknown talent who would be HONORED to write Nightwing. Hell, they'd probably write it for free just to break into the biz.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    The Bat Office are the ones who have been trying to isolate Dick Grayson since the got him in the 90’s but Titans has good Word of mouth and will hit Netflix internationally soon. All Dick will ever be is Batman # 2 in the Bat Office and to use him in a story involving Batman at this point it 100 % expected they will take a No. 2 on his life and leave a writer to deal with the consequences. After Percy you won’t find current talent to write his book because what’s the point? Dick has been given the path of being a replacement Batman and after two stints no one want to write DickBats, Nightwing is stuck in Bludhaven & Tom King still has 40 issues to finish his story which has not and will not use the Bat Family for anything but cannon fodder
    This is exactly what I've been saying. As long nightwing is under the bat office this is as good as its going to get for dick.but people just love them some batfam, dick cant leave daddy and go be his own man. At best we'll get mediorce mini batman and now it looks like dicks generation is getting new52'd again so good by greater dcu.

As a solo, Ric is more his own man than Dick.