Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2724

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Titans totally ignoring Wally’s Death. They dealt with Ric and Rog but Wally isnt mentioned at all
    I’m thinking either Wally’s death was a last minute thing, or there’s something up with Wally’s death. Cause it doesn’t make any sense that his death was ignored.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Titans totally ignoring Wally’s Death. They dealt with Ric and Rog but Wally isnt mentioned at all
    Either Wally isn't dead or the JL didn't tell the Titans that he died for some reason. Both options have me worried.

So, way back on the original appreciation thread, I talked about wanting to see Nightwing pick up a new, more advanced suit (basically a Batman Beyond level of tech) and start dealing with some superhuman threats ala the Grayson series or the Batman Brave & The Bold cartoon......basically just get Dick away from the street level stuff so he can carve out his own niche and get away from Bruce's shadow a little more. He does have a Super uncle and spent his life as a Titan; no reason for him to just deal with drug dealers all the damn time.

Anyway, I think the 90's era costume, from the Dixon days, is pretty much perfect but I knocked out a quick re-design for the lol's, and figured I'd post it here. The old thread was full of fan art and so far we seem kinda thin on that now.

I do these on my tablet, and the last time I tried posting one it didn't scale very large....hopefully this one goes better. There are some subtle spirals in Dick's eyes and some seams on the costume; if you can zoom in a little and see them, the resolution came through like it should.

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

EDIT: Aw, looks like some of the detail got lost.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-14-2018 at 02:26 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So, way back on the original appreciation thread, I talked about wanting to see Nightwing pick up a new, more advanced suit (basically a Batman Beyond level of tech) and start dealing with some superhuman threats ala the Grayson series or the Batman Brave & The Bold cartoon......basically just get Dick away from the street level stuff so he can carve out his own niche and get away from Bruce's shadow a little more. He does have a Super uncle and spent his life as a Titan; no reason for him to just deal with drug dealers all the damn time.

Anyway, I think the 90's era costume, from the Dixon days, is pretty much perfect but I knocked out a quick re-design for the lol's, and figured I'd post it here. The old thread was full of fan art and so far we seem kinda thin on that now.

I do these on my tablet, and the last time I tried posting one it didn't scale very large....hopefully this one goes better. There are some subtle spirals in Dick's eyes and some seams on the costume; if you can zoom in a little and see them, the resolution came through like it should.

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

I like the idea of Dick going up against metas and other larger threats. The idea of Dick always traveling after leaving Gotham feels like an idea that really needs to be explored more. I love Bludhaven but since it's destruction it lost all the charm it used to have. An upgraded suit with a few more gadgets and what not would be pretty cool as well.

I like the glider wings, always thought they should be around like in the New Adventures. Not a fan of arm spikes on Dick, they throw off the costume look to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

Yeah I do wish dick would interact with the superfamily a lot more, I want to see dick' s relationships with Clark, Kara, Karen and Jon.

BANNED

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

This is fantastic! I think it'd be pretty cool if Dick kept all the Spyral gear. You can do this on a tablet?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

Cool design. What's the belly button for?

Mighty Member

Just read the preview for Wednesday. Lobdell writes comics like how he writes novels. He doesn't know how to limit his word count. It takes you away from the art. Shows how much better past writers were.

Mighty Member

Nightwing McArthur.jpg

Wow!
    Best Nightwing that ever saw!

Maybe you should be the artist for Nightwing comics!
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I like the idea of Dick going up against metas and other larger threats. The idea of Dick always traveling after leaving Gotham feels like an idea that really needs to be explored more. I love Bludhaven but since it's destruction it lost all the charm it used to have. An upgraded suit with a few more gadgets and what not would be pretty cool as well.
    Yeah, I know Dick doesn't need any kind of enhanced suit to be a total badass, and I know that relying heavily on gadgets goes against the grain of the character, but a suit like the Beyond design would fit and give Dick the edge he'd need to tackle those higher-level metahumans.

I like the glider wings, always thought they should be around like in the New Adventures. Not a fan of arm spikes on Dick, they throw off the costume look to me.
    Yeah, the arm spikes didn't come out as well as I had hoped. You remember the yellow-blue costume from the early 90's? It had diagonal slashes of yellow on the forearms, and I was trying to get a little nod to that in here, as well as homage the Bat with the arm spikes......but it didn't work out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You can do this on a tablet?
    Yup. I use two-to-three different apps, which are all super, super cheap. I mean, these little doodles aren't very involved so I don't need a high-level photoshop or anything. But honestly, I bet my three little apps could just about match one of the expensive, professional grade systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Cool design. What's the belly button for?
    Well, at one point this design had a very small utility belt (Batman Beyond-ish, again), and that circle was the belt buckle. I dropped the belt (obvs) but I still liked the buckle being there, and I figured if Henry Cavill doesn't need a belt to have a belt buckle, neither does Dick. If you zoom in, you'll see a few seams that work around the buckle to tie it all together a bit more. And the emblem in the middle of it is one he used back in the early 90's so I wanted to work it in. You'll find the same emblem on his boot heel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Wow!
    Best Nightwing that ever saw!

Maybe you should be the artist for Nightwing comics!
    Ha! Thank you, but you must not have seen very much Nightwing art! There are way, way better designs and artists out there. I used to be a freelance pro, but I stopped drawing for......sixteen, seventeen years? And only recently started again after I started watching Justice League Action with my daughter. This cartoony style is totally new for me, my original work was closer to Michael Turner than Pixar.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-15-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like the idea of a metahuman suit with a cost.

Like it raises his stats a smidge, enough to tangle with metas and take/deal blows he otherwise wouldn't, but with an immense physical toll that requires peak athleticism to use effectively.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I like the idea of a metahuman suit with a cost.

Like it raises his stats a smidge, enough to tangle with metas and take/deal blows he otherwise wouldn't, but with an immense physical toll that requires peak athleticism to use effectively.
    They did this concept not too long ago in Batman Beyond Rebirth there is a suit Bruce makes that raises physical strength but causes them to become more violent and uncontrollable the longer they use it. They show how Terry and Damian using it. I thought it was a great concept I would love to see in the main Batman books; I think the apocalypse armor Bruce has also had a similar effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Just a matter of time until they bump up Travis Moore to a more high profile book. Can't imagine DC keeps him on the book for that long.
    Welp, happened before the Nightwing arc is even finished. Moore is on Batman for an issue.

Astonishing Member

I was about to say that.

Travis Moore is drawing Batman 62, while Nightwing 56 is drawing by Garry Brown.

I don't know how good artist is Garry Brown. Althougt if he's a really good artist, he will end up in other comic.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-15-2018 at 04:10 PM.

How can one not love the original Robin? Sign me up as, yet another, fan of Nightwing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."