Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dick Grayson: Robin, Nightwing, Agent of Spyral Appreciation 2018

Last edited by Godlike13; 08-06-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I hope these get merged later.

Ya, it sucks. But hopefully things get fixed around here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-05-2018 at 12:56 AM.

What's this about Nightwing getting a new costume? Is he really? and when?

How are people feeling about Percy's Nightwing so far? I know it's early days but just finished latest issue and not sure how to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How are people feeling about Percy's Nightwing so far? I know it's early days but just finished latest issue and not sure how to feel.
    Im torn about it. Im still not sure what to think of the whole Dick doesn't like technology, but I like what he's doing with Dick and Babs. Though I thought the the first arc ended rather anticlimactic. Also can't say im digging the art. Just doesn't really fit for me.

Fantastic Member

I actually like Percy's run. He is slowly building the world so I can understand the first arc is simple and short like an intro. But hey he gave us a Nightwing cave,funny interaction with Barbara,and the cameo of Vicki. The solicits looks very promising,so I am looking forward to what's coming up.

I like it. I'm trying not to compare it to others runs I loved because that's unfair. Dick's voice sounds a bit off but this could just be Percy finding his feet.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's been decent at least so far. I'm not a fan of Dick being such a technophobe, having grown up in the batcave with all of Batman's tech at his fingertips...it just seems counter-intuitive for the character, especially if the writer is going to establish a lair for Nightwing...what's he gonna put in it...old maps?
    As for the art...while I am all about warm fuzzies from seeing Klaus Janson's work, I would like to see a tighter inker over Mooneyham's pencils before I pass too much judgment. It's not a total turnoff...but when I think of artists and Nightwing, I prefer tighter and cleaner pencils...I thought Travis Moore did a great job on the Nightwing/Hush wedding prelude issue.

I just don’t think the art fits with the storyline personally. It’s kind of an old fashion style, when the storyline supposed to be about this almost futuristic technology. It comes off looking like an old movie that is set in the future.

NIGHTWING #50
    Written by Benjamin Percy, art by Chris Mooneyham and Travis Moore, cover by Mike Perkins, variant cover by Jonboy Meyers.

"Knight Terrors" begins here! The big issue #50 kicks off an epic four-part story that brings together critical moments of fear and doubt from the past and the present. A young Dick Grayson hopes to escape the shadow of the Bat and earn the title of Nightwing, while an older Dick Grayson must deal with a blow he did not see coming. A common enemy unites the timelines: the Scarecrow, as you've never seen him before! This story goes deep into the mythology and nightmarish development of Dr. Jonathan Crane.
    48 pages, $4.99, in stores on Oct. 3.

NIGHTWING #51
    Written by Benjamin Percy, art by Chris Mooneyham and Travis Moore, cover by Mike Perkins, variant cover by Howard Porter.

And while Nightwing struggles to uncover the truth behind the "fear germ" that is killing people in their sleep, he must also try to overcome his own sudden struggles with heights and vertigo. He has lost his primary skill set as a hero and will have to focus on his brilliance as a detective instead. And a distracting love triangle certainly isn't helping him focus...This new storyline spins out of events in Batman #55. The start of a new direction in Nightwing's crimefighting career!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Oct. 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    NIGHTWING #50
    Written by Benjamin Percy, art by Chris Mooneyham and Travis Moore, cover by Mike Perkins, variant cover by Jonboy Meyers.

"Knight Terrors" begins here! The big issue #50 kicks off an epic four-part story that brings together critical moments of fear and doubt from the past and the present. A young Dick Grayson hopes to escape the shadow of the Bat and earn the title of Nightwing, while an older Dick Grayson must deal with a blow he did not see coming. A common enemy unites the timelines: the Scarecrow, as you've never seen him before! This story goes deep into the mythology and nightmarish development of Dr. Jonathan Crane.
    48 pages, $4.99, in stores on Oct. 3.

NIGHTWING #51
    Written by Benjamin Percy, art by Chris Mooneyham and Travis Moore, cover by Mike Perkins, variant cover by Howard Porter.

And while Nightwing struggles to uncover the truth behind the "fear germ" that is killing people in their sleep, he must also try to overcome his own sudden struggles with heights and vertigo. He has lost his primary skill set as a hero and will have to focus on his brilliance as a detective instead. And a distracting love triangle certainly isn't helping him focus...This new storyline spins out of events in Batman #55. The start of a new direction in Nightwing's crimefighting career!
    32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Oct. 17.

These sound great especially #50

Default Rick Grayson- Gray, Grayson, Richard, Rich, Ric, Dick Appreciation Thread

Whatever Bea, doesn't matter
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Bro this is my favorite character ever. He's so nuanced and cool. Like he doesn't care and thats just you know, like so cool.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Updated solicits for Nightwing 53. Could the mods please correct the the Thread name to read Ric Grayson?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)