Page 79 of 182 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2724
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    In another Convergence, Dick was married to Starfire. In other words, he got the best of both worlds.
    Yeah
    in Convergence: New Teen Titans written by Marv Wolfman who wrote the Titans books from 1980 to 1996
    Dick was married to Kory in that two issue comic.
    I read that comic, and I liked it.

seem to take place in the mid 1980s
    Dick has the disco Nightwing suit
    The characters are drawn like they were in the Wolfman run

Dick had issues with Kory about her violence and wanting to kill, but in the end Kory refused to kill the antagonist even though she was really pushed hard to do it because she loves Dick.

I know that Dick had the same issues with Kory in the old comics, and Kory had changed her ways after her time in South Africa where she learned about Apartheid. I really liked her in those first two issues of New Teen Titans Spotlight.

I would like to see the same issues in the new Titans show.

the issues are totally absent in the Teen Titans cartoon which I really don't like any way
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Is this a trade paperback?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Dick had issues with Kory about her violence and wanting to kill, but in the end Kory refused to kill the antagonist even though she was really pushed hard to do it because she loves Dick.

I know that Dick had the same issues with Kory in the old comics, and Kory had changed her ways after her time in South Africa where she learned about Apartheid. I really liked her in those first two issues of New Teen Titans Spotlight.

I would like to see the same issues in the new Titans show.

the issues are totally absent in the Teen Titans cartoon which I really don't like any way
    It's pretty possible that Dick have these problems with Kory.

According to Dick's actor, Dick left Batman, because Batman was killing. Starfire seems to be killing in Titans too, so it's likely Dick and Kory will have problems about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    It's pretty possible that Dick have these problems with Kory.

According to Dick's actor, Dick left Batman, because Batman was killing. Starfire seems to be killing in Titans too, so it's likely Dick and Kory will have problems about this.
    No wonder Dick welcomes amnesia!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is this a trade paperback?
    e-book
    https://www.amazon.com/Convergence-N.../dp/B00U1Z17OM

paperback
    https://www.amazon.com/Convergence-T...ew+teen+titans
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So...

How’d you guys like Titans?
    Enjoyed Dick and Raven but so far the over the top violence, blood, and death just feels wrong. I don't get why Detroit was chosen but I do like how Dick's behavior was called out by the news and cops. Didn't like anything about this version of Starfire at all.

I really don't care for the roster of the team, don't care about more watered down Wolfman imitations. Very excited to see how Hawk & Dove and Donna are handled. Sad that there isn't a good theme or interesting intro for the show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    So...

How’d you guys like Titans?
    I dunno how I feel about Titans.

I thought the premier was okay, but not amazing. Sometimes it seemed good but other times it seemed like a fan-film with a mildly better budget.

And DC really doesn't help themselves when it comes to the accusations of them constantly turning things dark and overly edgy.

Brenton Thwaites definitely looks like Dick but I think Dick's personality only really showed a few times during the pilot.

I don't care for violent Robin (at least if it's Dick).
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Didn't like anything about this version of Starfire at all.
    I'm sure people are going to love Starfire dropping bodies left and right without a care .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I thought the premier was okay, but not amazing. Sometimes it seemed good but other times it seemed like a fan-film with a mildly better budget.

And DC really doesn't help themselves when it comes to the accusations of them constantly turning things dark and overly edgy.

Brenton Thwaites definitely looks like Dick but I think Dick's personality only really showed a few times during the pilot.

I'm sure people are going to love Starfire dropping bodies left and right without a care .
    The best part was when all those dudes burned and she laughed.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Also the idea of the Titans forming with the original sidekicks coming together bothers the hell out of me. Just like it did with the cartoon series. Without Donna why the hell would they call themselves Titans?

That's just a personal gripe.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I have no problem with Kory killing bad guys at first before she becomes a Titan.

Dick is not killing, and so that's good.

Dick can be telling Her "Look, lady...I don't know where the hell you're from,but we don't go around killing. If you want to stay on this team, you need to follow the rules."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hate to say it, but I think I’ve finally reached a point I’m done with DC. I’ve decided that I’m going to treat the Convergence: Pre- Flashpoint Tieins as the end of my DCU headcanon, anything since is just an Elseworlds, so on a Happier Note:
    Attachment 72159
    What's the breaking point?

Ya, not sure how I feel about the Titans tv show. It wasn’t bad, but a bit extreme. Starfire came off like psychopath. But seems they are going for character arcs. All the characters starting in a bad place emotionally, and through the course of things works there issues out. Which I can roll with.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, not sure how I feel about the Titans tv show. It wasn’t bad, but a bit extreme. Starfire came off like psychopath. But seems they are going for character arcs. All the characters starting in a bad place emotionally, and through the course of things works there issues out. Which I can roll with.
    I like the big brother-little sister dynamic with Dick and Raven, but overall, the first episode wasn't too gripping. Still, I've a lot of trust in Geoff Johns so I'mma keep watching it.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

I hate that Dick's friends are not helping him with his amnesia. It's not like he died. If Donna can drop the alcohol for a moment and talk with Ric, that would be great.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Also the idea of the Titans forming with the original sidekicks coming together bothers the hell out of me. Just like it did with the cartoon series. Without Donna why the hell would they call themselves Titans?

That's just a personal gripe.
    Donna will appear. She will appear in the other half of the season. She and Dick are old friends.