Page 24 of 182 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

I would rather DC pull some random person off the street to write Nightwing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wait, what? Lobdell is the replacement? I sure didn't expect that. I hope it doesn't affect RHATO, because he's been very good so far in there. This may be some kind of temporal, first aid-like fast fix.

(And fast fixes usually don't work well. But maybe it works this time)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-12-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Well that is the kiss of death. I have never read anything of him I like and his Nightwing is especially awful.

Everytime I think the DC can't get any more disappointing they just sink more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    OH MY GOD THIS IS THE FUNNIEST S*** I HAVE EVER READ!

I physically recoiled at that. Wow.
    I mean isn't he basicly responsible for Tim drake demise, he is the reason he basicly treads the line of limbo

This is so goddamn sad. 50 issues, and this is what they do. It’s unbelievable.

Fantastic Member

I really love Lobdell's work on rebirth RH, so this is good news to me. if he writes nightwing nearly has good has his rebirth redhood book, that would be great. But still its a surprise, made me laugh.

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-head-i...scott-lobdell/

More story details. Not surprised they are giving away so much. DC knows there’s no other hook here.

Man, if I didn’t think this was the the result of bad management I would think they were purposely trying to kill the series. They are really doing Nightwing and his readers dirty here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This is so goddamn sad. 50 issues, and this is what they do. It’s unbelievable.
    Lobdell is writing a Titan with memory issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Lobdell is writing a Titan with memory issues.
    Shoot me now. Please.

Fantastic Member

https://www.cbr.com/nightwing-head-i...scott-lobdell/

More story details. Not surprised they are giving away so much. DC knows there’s no other hook here.

Man, if I didn’t think this was the the result of bad management I would think they were purposely trying to kill the series. They are really doing Nightwing and his readers dirty here.
    I dont understand. The storyline is almost the same as Percy's but written by a different writer?What happened?

Oh God no.. no no no no no. Why would they put Scott Lobdell on the book. I didn't even imagine that being a possibility. What a disaster this has turned into.

Yeah, no chance am I buying any of these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I dont understand. The storyline is almost the same as Percy's but written by a different writer?What happened?
    I’m guessing as the story was never really Percy’s, with other stuff happening for him he decided to jump ship. Scott Lobdell is their go to guy to get scripts in. He was who they first went to after FE too, but luckily they went a different way in the end.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.

The Rebirth Red Hood and the Outlaws book by Lobdell has been fantastic and in that book, he wrote a great Dick Grayson.

Honestly, Lobdell being on the book is making me tempted to pick it back up.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Fantastic Member

I’m guessing as the story was never really Percy’s, with other stuff happening for him he decided to jump ship. Scott Lobdell is their go to guy to get scripts in. He was who they first went to after FE too, but luckily they went a different way in the end.
    What a mess. I really miss Mark Doyle.
    Now I am just waiting for DC to reboot this book.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd much rather have Lobdell as a temp writer for this then some other people. To me Tynion, who thinks Dick Grayson is boring solo, or Nocenti, who is just god-awful, would be far worse choices. That's just my opinion though. Lobdell's Rebirth work has been very solid and consistent. Having said that though I'm not really all that interested in Nightwing and haven't really been since his return to the suit in Rebirth. (I'm not going to go into why because you've all heard it before anyway.)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG