Page 8 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post

So, basically we don't have the Nightwing solicit for November. We already know he was injured and he is fighting Scarecrow. At least seems like the Scarecrow arc is not yet ended, but we really don't know what's going to happen in Nightwing #53.
    Guess when they are going to give us the true solicit. Probably next month, after Batman #55

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC chooses the statusque. They like the 90s/00s statusque because it’s proven, easy, and requires minimal investment. The comic side doesn’t seem want to invest more they have, and seem content with what they have. It’s the same with the Titans. They don’t care about the quality or what the creators on the books are actually doing with him. As long it’s something, it’s seems they’re content. It’s why they had no plan after Seeley left, and why the Titans can portray him so poorly, and contradict the character and what other creators are doing with him.

That doesn’t mean Percy isn’t trying or working hard to make something good though. Don’t get me wrong.
    Well, that's the perfect version of DC superheroes in Didio's mind. They never change, just like the Simpsons.
    Let's see what could Percy do within the range that DC allows him.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That doesn’t mean Percy isn’t trying or working hard to make something good though. Don’t get me wrong.
    Yeah, I don't think Percy is bad or not trying his best to do right by the character, but the kind of stories DC wants to tell with the character I've just lost interest in. It isn't an Abnett Titans situation where he writes the character like trash and he resents him.

I'm sure that some like the current direction and stories like always, but I've had my fill for a while and it feels like a chore to keep up with it now. Just nothing about the current situation excites me and there doesn't seem to be anything interesting on the horizon.

This is the only Robin in my eyes. The first. The best.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    This. All Dick needs is just one last push but DC is too reluctant to give him that. They'd rather invest in the New Age Heroes and watch most of those new-launched titles flopping in six issues instead of using a little of the resources to maximize the selling potential of one of their most popular characters. Funny.
    To be fair, Grayson was a step in a different direction but it seemed like there was fan backlash or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    To be fair, Grayson was a step in a different direction but it seemed like there was fan backlash or something.
    Well, Grayson is a perfect example that DC refuses to invest more in Dick. They promoted King to Batman once he became one of the most well-acclaimed writers in the industry. Remember how they refused to let Mark Waid write Nightwing even though Waid himself asked for the title?Some things never change.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-21-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Amazing Member

I stopped reading comics back around New52 and recently just jumped back. Always loved Nightwing so I started reading the Rebirth run. Mostly so-so, and I'm definitely not too thrilled about Percy's run so far. Is it worth going back to the Grayson series? Any good story arcs I should focus on?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Let me put it this way. I was paying attention to New 52 throughout, and Grayson was the only comic that consistently made me hype every time the preview is out. Every month. The only one.
    When I was getting tired of Snyder's overly symbolic narrative, Justice League is just being a popcorn epic, Superman being brainwashed and evil again, and Harley Quinn is getting tiresome, Grayson's pages are entertaining and layered. Sometimes I can read it twice and notice something I didn't realize, other times it just made me laugh, and that's just from the previews.

Subjective, of course, but I read every preview at that time, and I'm not easy to please.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-21-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Well, that's the perfect version of DC superheroes in Didio's mind. They never change, just like the Simpsons.
    Let's see what could Percy do within the range that DC allows him.
    Why do you think Barry and Hal came back and everything got "rebooted"?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian sticking up for his future Batman

Extraordinary Member

is dick batman right now or not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Just tell the old stories again and go cash the checks! Sweet gig!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    to make Johns suffer. No I am just kidding...
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 08-22-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Let me put it this way. I was paying attention to New 52 throughout, and Grayson was the only comic that consistently made me hype every time the preview is out. Every month. The only one.
    When I was getting tired of Snyder's overly symbolic narrative, Justice League is just being a popcorn epic, Superman being brainwashed and evil again, and Harley Quinn is getting tiresome, Grayson's pages are entertaining and layered. Sometimes I can read it twice and notice something I didn't realize, other times it just made me laugh, and that's just from the previews.

Subjective, of course, but I read every preview at that time, and I'm not easy to please.
    Yeah and if you read it back, you pick up things that you missed.

So good, I have to re-read it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian sticking up for his future Batman

LOL Damian being confident as ever. Cute.