Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182
Results 2,716 to 2,724 of 2724
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was wondering if it really was HiC. The costumes are straight up OG and those haven't been seen since the reboot.
    Tom King likes to reference the Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Do you remember Batman 54 has a cover with Dick in his original Robin costume?

However, that doesn't mean this will change the current continuity.

In the internal pages of Batman 54, although there are many flashbacks, we never see Dick using his original Robin costume.

In Nightwin 50 (after Batman 54), we see flashbacks and Dick still use the New52 Robin costume.

BANNED

There's no such thing as "continuity" anymore. DC threw away its rich history and now cherry-picks whatever a given writer wants to say is "canon". "The history is whatever I say it is." Heaven forbid anyone should have to actually know what they're doing. What a sweet gig--big paychecks, no professional or personal responsibility, promotions in spite of failures--no wonder everybody wants in!

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    There's no such thing as "continuity" anymore. DC threw away its rich history and now cherry-picks whatever a given writer wants to say is "canon". "The history is whatever I say it is." Heaven forbid anyone should have to actually know what they're doing. What a sweet gig--big paychecks, no professional or personal responsibility, promotions in spite of failures--no wonder everybody wants in!
    Big paychecks?

Not last time I looked at the page rates. I suppose the big names do alright but the averages aren't too impressive.

But you're right; continuity doesn't exist right now. Between Metal and Manhattan reality is as malleable as silly putty.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Big paychecks?

Not last time I looked at the page rates. I suppose the big names do alright but the averages aren't too impressive.

But you're right; continuity doesn't exist right now. Between Metal and Manhattan reality is as malleable as silly putty.
    It's a pretty good living when you have to work a lot harder than that flipping burgers at McDonalds for whatever is minimum wage in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It's a pretty good living when you have to work a lot harder than that flipping burgers at McDonalds for whatever is minimum wage in your state.
    Ha. Most careers look good compared to flipping burgers. I feel like that's not really a fair comparison.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I know a kid who has a Masters in Creative Writing and he has't been able to find paying work as a writer; he's down at Popeye's Chicken this evening and NOT as the Manager.

The entertainment industry has always been a bear to break into. The world is full of starving artists with incredible talent. I was one of those starving artists for a while myself before putting the pencil down.

The college degree in the arts is a nice touch, but those industries have always been about knowing the right people and making the most of an opportunity if you manage to stumble upon one.

Hell, my first paying gig came from the old DC message boards, way back in the late 90's. Some editor for a new magazine was looking for artists and I just happened to be among the first who responded, which was the only reason I got the job. Had I not logged in that evening I would've missed the shot.

.....I dont believe the magazine survived all that long, but the check cleared.

I hear its easier to get work like this in Europe, though I've no idea how true that is.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

It's a totally stupid system; you see the same old hacks over and over, and I yearn for new talent. But congrats on being able to cash that check!

BANNED

The entertainment industry has always been a bear to break into. The world is full of starving artists with incredible talent. I was one of those starving artists for a while myself before putting the pencil down.

The college degree in the arts is a nice touch, but those industries have always been about knowing the right people and making the most of an opportunity if you manage to stumble upon one.

Hell, my first paying gig came from the old DC message boards, way back in the late 90's. Some editor for a new magazine was looking for artists and I just happened to be among the first who responded, which was the only reason I got the job. Had I not logged in that evening I would've missed the shot.

.....I dont believe the magazine survived all that long, but the check cleared.

I hear its easier to get work like this in Europe, though I've no idea how true that is.
    Is there a European comics scene? Comics companies here seem to lionize writers from Europe, especially England, maybe because of the long literary traditions there.