Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Nut punch after nut punch.

spoilers:
    The saddest thing about Wally is not even him dying. It’s that they did jack crap with him since bringing him back to the point that I can’t really even say they shouldn’t kill him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-22-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is all making me ill

They can just kill dick, let tim the wandering teen be nightwing and I can just put down CBs for good
    Despite all the stuff with DiDio here at DC, I’d at least tell you Marvel are releasing Good Stuff right now, the Fantastic Four are reunited to finally come home next month, Logan’s Alive (again), the X-Books are headed for a Back to Basixs relaunch, and both Donny Cates Venom and Nick Spencer’s Amazing Spiderman are Spectacular... however they did just announce “The Death of Daredevil” as the conclusion to Soule’s run

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Dan Didio has been after the Fab5 for years. It's no secret he originally wanted Grayson to die during Infinite Crisis. He saw no value in any of the characters with the New52's to the point of wiping them out of existence. So it's no surprise that the majority of deaths from HiC will be Titans and it's no surprise that Dick Grayson is going thru what he is. You can see the shift with these characters when Geoff Johns got more say so and then when he stepped down.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To tell them his plan? On top of this both Jason is wanted criminal and Tim and his Titans was also on the run from the law at that time. And a prison controlled by the CoO is also not really a save place for teenagers.
    Dick literally said they wouldn't agree to his plan so he didn't tell them. And really you don't see anything suggested they would on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And really you don't see Dick helping the other much on panel (apart from maybe Damian), he gets help from the others from time to time (for example from Barbara during the Dark Web Arc), and I don't really see how he is the "Heart of the Family".
    The way you kept repeating Dick Grayson is not the heart of anything even if I didn't say a word about that makes me wonder if Yohyoi's post hit a nerve.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-22-2018 at 09:32 PM.

spoilers:
    Whit Dick's lost memory, he wouldn't even be able of mourn his best friend...nor Roy
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    spoilers:
    Whit Dick's lost memory, he wouldn't even be able of mourn his best friend...nor Roy
    end of spoilers
    It's just like N52 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    I think, as it looks right now, is worse that the new 52, then there was at least the characters would be introduced or connections restored. (I'm not all that convinced that the dead will be really dead). But yeah, it sucks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Remember how afraid we are for Grayson’s Sake.... Yeah....

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...firmed-really/

I think we should be afraid... be very afraid
    Hahahah. At least I'll be entertained. I sound like a broken record and this only pertains to Dick, but man do I miss Grayson. Instead he got pigeonholed back into boring Bludhaven with trite stories being Daredevil lite and now this.

Astonishing Member

I feel like the whole situation with Wally is a fake out. Earlier rumors claimed that he was heading to Suicide Squad. Interestingly enough, Suicide Squad has a lower death rate than Teen Titans...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Probably a reason why they shot him in the head. So they don't have to involve him in the DCU stories.

BANNED

Maybe if Dick gets stuck in his own alley, Didio will forget about him and leave him alone.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh.

I just realize why DC is fine with killing or mistreating or erasing characters they don't prefer and potentially lose a bunch of money and fans from comics.

Because comic doesn't get that big of a profit anyway so they rely more on TV, games, and movies ...or however that works. I don't know how much comic gets in comparison to other media, and I don't know how they get money from TV, but I remember people talking about how comics don't get as much as they use to and they're declining.

Also, with the more popular version are popularizing Barry instead of Wally, for example, they can kill Wally and not lose fans because the fans they lose for Wally in comics is replaced by the fansw for Barry through TV and movies. TV fans don't know the Wally of comics so they don't need to care, and the Justice League cartoon was so long ago it doesn't matter. Kids today probably don't know Justice League Unlimited beyond the meme, what they know are DC Superhero Girls, the TV shows and other web cartoons.

Same goes for Tim Drake.

They keep enough bait for comic fans to keep the comic afloat, but unless they're in the top five or something they probably don't care and pay more attention to the other media that can give them more money.

The larger company is DC Entertainment, not DC Comics. The comic division is just one branch of a whole that sells the same character.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-22-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    New 52 had good ideas that were horribly executed. There are no good ideas in Heroes In Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    New 52 had good ideas that were horribly executed. There are no good ideas in Heroes In Crisis.
    Sanctuary is a pretty cool concept, and one I approve of. It’s too bad King’s initial idea of exploring superhero trauma got nixed in favor of a murder mystery.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    N52 was a period of time. HiC and Forever Evil are more comparable.
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-23-2018 at 01:40 AM.