Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2724
    Mighty Member

If DC brings back Dick's memories, it should be in his own series. I'm hearing that Tomasi might do it in 'Tec. Why does the Nightwing series feel like a supporting book of whatever is happening in Gotham? Dick isn't shot in his own book. He got shot in Batman. If Dick gets his memories back, it might be in 'Tec. No wonder no one wants to write Nightwing. You have to be an underling of whoever is writing Batman or 'Tec. Even the Nightwing writer is treated as a sidekick and second-rate.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Sure people say a lot of things, I'm saying my opinion. It's cool to like what you like or dislike what you dislike. I don't like what Titans has been doing and I think there has been some major missteps with the plot and characterizations of some of the Titans.
    I treat it as an Elseworlds. Burton did not do a comic accurate Batman but it's still great and a classic. Nolan too. If I can somehow accept Batman killing in these movies, I can somehow accept too his and Dick's actions in Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I treat it as an Elseworlds. Burton did not do a comic accurate Batman but it's still great and a classic. Nolan too. If I can somehow accept Batman killing in these movies, I can somehow accept too his and Dick's actions in Titans.
    All other DC media are Elseworld tales. I don't care for the Titans version of most of these characters, I find the story to be boring and a lot of the characterizations to be lazy and uninteresting. I'm not asking for comic accurate versions, I'm just giving my thoughts and feelings about the Titans version.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jim Lee TEC 1000

DucbTHZUUAAVELY.jpg

I don't really care if he's back in this issue or if it's a flashback, I'm not buying current DC run until I see signs of change in management. A consistent run would be a good start.

If DC brings back Dick's memories, it should be in his own series. I'm hearing that Tomasi might do it in 'Tec. Why does the Nightwing series feel like a supporting book of whatever is happening in Gotham? Dick isn't shot in his own book. He got shot in Batman. If Dick gets his memories back, it might be in 'Tec. No wonder no one wants to write Nightwing. You have to be an underling of whoever is writing Batman or 'Tec. Even the Nightwing writer is treated as a sidekick and second-rate.
    I assume the idea in doing it in say ’Tec would be to try bring back readers that left.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-15-2018 at 12:15 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I assumed the idea in doing it in say ’Tec would be to try bring back readers that left.
    I didn't think that many people had dropped 'TEC though (I haven't and didn't know of any drop)

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I didn't think that many people had dropped 'TEC though (I haven't and didn't know of any drop)
    I meant readers that left Nightwing.

I'd be fine with Tomasi handling it. I trust him more than any writer that would be on the Nightwing book.

Something I've been thinking about in regards to King's writing is did he ever plan on use Dick in Heroes in Crisis. It seems that Batgirl is going to make her appearance in it and it got me thinking. Did King at any point plan on having Dick be in Heroes in Crisis but the Ric story change his plans so he removed any mention of Dick from Hic, or did he never plan on having Dick be in HiC at all so it is a reason why he felt comfortable shooting him in the head and didn't care what DC did with that story afterwards like with the Ric thing. I know King said he didn't have any control over the Ric story, but given how Wally, Roy, all those Titans, and now Batgirl are all going to be involved in HiC you would think they would have to deal with Dick in the story in some capacity.

I guess my point is I wonder where Dick not being involved in HiC originated. If it came from King not wanting to use him so editorial had to come up with a reason why Dick would not be involved, such as the dumb amnesia thing, or if the amnesia thing happened first and that changed King's plans. I have to think that it was the latter.
    Last edited by Badou; 12-15-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Ever since King’s tweet about Tomasi’s run I’ve been thinking that whenever the inevitable relaunch comes, Tomasi might be the writer. So that could be another reason why ‘Tec, if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Jim Lee TEC 1000

DucbTHZUUAAVELY.jpg

I don't really care if he's back in this issue or if it's a flashback, I'm not buying current DC run until I see signs of change in management. A consistent run would be a good start.
    I'm just curious why there are so many villains in the Batcave.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'd be fine with Tomasi handling it. I trust him more than any writer that would be on the Nightwing book.

Something I've been thinking about in regards to King's writing is did he ever plan on use Dick in Heroes in Crisis. It seems that Batgirl is going to make her appearance in it and it got me thinking. Did King at any point plan on having Dick be in Heroes in Crisis but the Ric story change his plans so he removed any mention of Dick from Hic, or did he never plan on having Dick be in HiC at all so it is a reason why he felt comfortable shooting him in the head and didn't care what DC did with that story afterwards like with the Ric thing. I know King said he didn't have any control over the Ric story, but given how Wally, Roy, all those Titans, and now Batgirl are all going to be involved in HiC you would think they would have to deal with Dick in the story in some capacity.

I guess my point is I wonder where Dick not being involved in HiC originated. If it came from King not wanting to use him so editorial had to come up with a reason why Dick would not be involved, such as the dumb amnesia thing, or if the amnesia thing happened first and that changed King's plans. I have to think that it was the latter.
    I know I have no proof and it's probably a stretch but this line of thinking makes me wonder. What if King shot Dick to get him out of HiC? Since so many Titans were being killed, maybe he shot him to keep him away. Just a thought.

BANNED

Dick lost his memory in a Batbook; he should get it back there, and it should be a big multi-crossever event with lots of hype. Heck, it should involve the whole DC Universe running around trying to find Dick's memories. Like a scavenger hunt.

Fantastic Member

I think it's a nod to Hush.

BANNED

Rodent infestation. Call Orkin.

After not being able to read any comics for many months, I see that nothing changed for Dick. DC still holding him down from flourishing and wasting his popularity and all potential.