Page 40 of 182 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

“IF” Dick Returns To Nightwing without a new head gear like Lightray I WILL definitely not be coming back because I would fully know that his character can get his life derailed by other books and any progress he made before or after would be disregarded because of same Bat-Time same Bat-Hour

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Lol, granted the Titans was weak, but it’s sooo clear that Nightwing is a secondary character and the decline in his sales from mid 30’s to mid 20’s shows how this has pushed fans away, but when a Batman Elseworlds can cover the loss in money there is no need to change. I already stopped reading Titans and the same has happened with Nightwing because what is the point of reading 49 which teased asking a question on the Mobius Chair, The Amnesia plot is a forced story because for continuity Bruce already has a Machine to restore memories but the plot point matters over in universe logic. The fan service in Batman 55 is enough to trick the casual fan.
    I just finished Nightwing#49 and was intrigued. It's a shame that we would never know where the story was supposed to go. Percy sent a twitter yesterday, talking about “diversify your work in such a way that you're not beholden to any person, company or institution, so that you can walk away to preserve your integrity if need be.” And I couldn't help but felt it had something to do with him leaving Nightwing.

Lol, granted the Titans was weak, but it’s sooo clear that Nightwing is a secondary character and the decline in his sales from mid 30’s to mid 20’s shows how this has pushed fans away, but when a Batman Elseworlds can cover the loss in money there is no need to change. I already stopped reading Titans and the same has happened with Nightwing because what is the point of reading 49 which teased asking a question on the Mobius Chair, The Amnesia plot is a forced story because for continuity Bruce already has a Machine to restore memories but the plot point matters over in universe logic. The fan service in Batman 55 is enough to trick the casual fan.
    DC has done nothing to draw in new readers, or even keep readers on with Nightwing. This past year has been a complete waste of time with Nightwing. It has been filled with nothing but filler, random creators, and dropped directions. His book and character has been so poorly managed, and the worst thing about it is that no one seems to even give a crap. This blantly poor management just continues to drive creators aways, and show a complete inability to put anything together with the character.

I can’t even complain about the direction, because maybe it could have been a decent new direction that could have potentially lead to a new evolution of Dick Grayson. I mean look at Grayson, that came from Dick being exposed and killed by Luther. But with this, as soon as this is passed off to the people who’s in charge his book and putting it together, they fumble right at the start. They just continue to struggle like have been for the past year now.

And to be fair I’m not sure if Lobdell issues are truly the start, or if he’s just filling time till they find someone, but either case is just frustrating and disheartening.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-19-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Condolences to Nightwing. Looks like I'm dropping after all. DC is writing him as a loser. Lobdell gets to destroy another Robin. DC's worst writer will put the nail on the character destruction coffin. At least there is still Spider-Man.

The sad thing is this was done to further push Nightwing away from the DCU to become a Bat Only Character. He was actually going to interact with Roy and other DC characters but HIC shut that down. I bet despite getting shot in the head he will still wear the domino mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    OK,time to appreciate how DC messed up Titans because of the amnesia thing:
    Attachment 71020

Attachment 71021

Thoughts?
    I totally called that Kyle was just drawn over Dick. Nice to know that character stories are explained for other editors and teams.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Condolences to Nightwing. Looks like I'm dropping after all. DC is writing him as a loser. Lobdell gets to destroy another Robin. DC's worst writer will put the nail on the character destruction coffin. At least there is still Spider-Man.
    Spider-Man died during OMD to me, Dick will bounce back from this. I hate this stuff because WE know he's coming back and smarter heads at DC know as well. But this is just going to stick around for a few months to a year and waste everyone's time and money.

DC stop doing this already! Give creators a chance to tell stories, these BS shake-ups don't bring in new readers and only piss of the fans. The only audience your left with is the very casual fan that just accepts whatever is printed on the page.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Spider-Man died during OMD to me, Dick will bounce back from this. I hate this stuff because WE know he's coming back and smarter heads at DC know as well. But this is just going to stick around for a few months to a year and waste everyone's time and money.

DC stop doing this already! Give creators a chance to tell stories, these BS shake-ups don't bring in new readers and only piss of the fans. The only audience your left with is the very casual fan that just accepts whatever is printed on the page.
    Not mine, going to save me quite a bit.

I've been kind of in and out on DC comics, catching up ever other month or so with Batman, JL, Nightwing, Flash. The most recent Nightwing news has me completely checked out, and I'll likely remain that way until Dick is back, barring a new decently written Young Justice comic.

Extraordinary Member

This was suppose to be Nightwing Time and its all falling apart and crashing down And DC Is just not gonna care
    Next week he is gonna get killed in the DBX and its all down hill from there

I am going on a nightwing hiatus until after the end of Titans. I will see where he is at in January

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to More of Moore's work :P
    What's Seeley doin these days? Could he return to the title?

Then again, maybe he'll stay away for a while too. I think editorial overestimated this idea and might be yanking the Nightwing title here and there too much to accommodate this whole amnesia and injury story line, to the point where it's become a hot potato with writers if even by December they still can't find a permanent one. I guess they REALLY didn't expect Percy to jump ship when they started messing with his plans. I mean, from day one, it already felt like this wasn't anyone's story anymore but a 'committee' plan so to speak, the family has to be in peril, so we'll do this for that character and this for that one, but it looks like Percy wasn't ready for such a plan to derail his story so much and bounced. I'm curious to see what Lobdell will do with the title, now that he's been left holding the bag.

EDIT: Besides Seeley, I reckon Humphires deserved a better shot at the title too.
    Seeley is never coming back. As far as I know he never even wanted Dick to become Nightwing again, and found Bludhaven to be incredibly boring. Humphries was pretty good and they honestly should’ve just stuck with him. Percy’s run has done nothing for me, so I’m not really bothered by the new direction, but I am irritated it’s King dumping this for someone else to deal with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Funeral procession tomorrow. Don`t miss it, true believer!

Dick's impression of Batman in 55 is pretty much how this thread has been since it was announced that Lobdell is on writing.

"Oh the pain and the misery and the horror! Oh mummies! If you only knew!"

Except that we're totally justified
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I can't think any other business that is constantly undermining his own assets. They don't plan ahead and mismanaged talent.

The have waterdown every property, constatly repeat stories, cannibalize characters and substitute relationship until they are all meaningless.

It is creative bankruptcy and then they say the characters don't sell.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

“IF” Dick Returns To Nightwing without a new head gear like Lightray I WILL definitely not be coming back because I would fully know that his character can get his life derailed by other books and any progress he made before or after would be disregarded because of same Bat-Time same Bat-Hour
    Oh, they won't give him a headgear. They gloss over dead Robins after some period of interbook grieving then continue getting new teen sidekicks which they make jokes about while hanging out in the Bat Burger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Funeral procession tomorrow. Don`t miss it, true believer!

Yeah Im done after 50