Page 121 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2724
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post
    You mean before the reboot when everyone knew the status quo will change so all the books lost a lot of readers? That doesn't prove anything.
    Even before that, the sales were falling (maybe at a slower pace, but they did).

Anyway, this isn't the thread to speak so much about Tim.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-05-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Changing of topic, I wonder what would happen after the Nightwing comic is cancelled.

DC may wants to push Titans comics for the second season of Titans (where Dick should be Nightwing). Maybe they put Nightwing in Titans (and don't give Dick a solo), so they force all the fans of Dick Grayson to buy Titans comic.

BANNED

That's bull. Tim could maintain a solo, but DC doesn't give him a chance. Since the reboot, they don't care about him. He was a constant seller before the New52 for almost 20 years, so there is no reason at all why he couldn't have a solo series.
    Just wait a few months: Tim is soon going to be covered in so much glory and hype even the biggest Dreck fanboys will be sick of it. Tim has been kept SAFE for his upcoming coronation, so I'd gladly trade my situation as a Wingnut for what the Tim Lemmings are going to be reaping. I boycott everything Timmy Wimmy is in so I expect to save a lot of money, just booked a cruise from Rome to Miami (old folks like to go on cruises) so I'll probably be down on DC to nothing but Dick appearances. More money to buy booze on the boat and try to forget the injustice of all this for awhile. Dick Grayson will be around long after these yoyo's are out cruising with me. I AM liking his treatment in the Titans show: Geoff Johns saved our guy from Forever Evil and now he's doing right by him.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-05-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Even before that, the sales were falling (maybe at a slower pace, but they did).

Anyway, this isn't the thread to speak so much about Tim.
    Not really. In 2011 January his book sold 30,547 copies. In 2011 August, the last month before the reboot, his book still sold 26,939 copies. Teen Titans sold 27,459 copies before the reboot. Like I said, there is no reason why DC doesn't give him a chance. Tim haven't got even a miniseries since the New52. They wanted a Robin in Teen Titans, so they put him in there. Tim got the short stick with the reboot and then Lobdell destroyed him and the rest of the YJ4 completely.
    Last edited by shadowsgirl; 11-05-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Just wait a few months: Tim is soon going to be covered in so much glory and hype even the biggest Dreck fanboys will be sick of it. Tim has been kept SAFE for his upcoming coronation, so I'd gladly trade my situation as a Wingnut for what the Tim Lemmings are going to be reaping. I boycott everything Timmy Wimmy is in so I expect to save a lot of money, just booked a cruise from Rome to Miami (old folks like to go on cruises) so I'll probably be down on DC to nothing but Dick appearances. More money to buy booze on the boat and try to forget the injustice of all this for awhile.
    I don't care about your opinion at all. Every day for years now you write hateful things about Tim. I just don't get it. You have a serious grudge against a fictional character and you take your time to express that hatred every single day. This is totally incomprehensible to me.

BANNED

Not really. In 2011 January his book sold 30,547 copies. In 2011 August, the last month before the reboot, his book still sold 26,939 copies. Teen Titans sold 27,459 copies before the reboot. Like I said, there is no reason why DC doesn't give him a chance. Tim didn't get even a miniseries since the New52. They wanted a Robin in Teen Titans, so they put him in there. Tim got the short stick with the reboot and then Lobdell destroyed him and the YJ4 completely.
    Remember that comics in general were selling better 7-8 years ago than they are now. Anyway, a lot of Dick Grayson's problems have been caused by editorial favoritism to toward Timmy Wimmy, so "Thank you, Scott Lobdell, for destroying him and the YJ4 completely!! I love ya, man!!!" If I ever do bestir my old bones enough to go to a big Con, I'm going to shake his hand. I think he's trying to do the best he can with the crap King handed him, but it's the proverbial trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I think this might be the worst Grayson "direction" ever. I was pretty unhappy while Wolfman had such a bad case of writer's block and was running the New Titans book into the ground, pleased by the Dixon era. If Lobdell can do for Nightwing what he's done for Red Hood, I have some optimism.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-05-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Changing of topic, I wonder what would happen after the Nightwing comic is cancelled.

DC may wants to push Titans comics for the second season of Titans (where Dick should be Nightwing). Maybe they put Nightwing in Titans (and don't give Dick a solo), so they force all the fans of Dick Grayson to buy Titans comic.
    who said its getting cancelled

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    who said its getting cancelled
    Well, taking into account sales, the current Nightwing comic should be cancelled soon. The amnesia arc seems filler.

We don't know what happen after that. Maybe they relaunch another Nightwing comic with a new direction. Or maybe they put Dick on a team (and he doesn't have a solo).
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-05-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Titans looks to be the one geting cancelled with all this new team books on the way. But if nightwing and titans gets cancelled then what for dick.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 11-05-2018 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Titans looks to be the one geting canceled with all this new team books on the way. But if nightwing and titans gets canceled then what for dick.
    Dick is no longer on the Titans book, so I'm perfectly okay with Kyle and Co biting the dust. Maybe it's time for DC to do another company-wide reboot and see if they can do it any better this time. Hopefully Nightwing DOESN'T get cancelled because I could see current company feeling leaving Dick in mothballs. I feel better now that I know why the head shot happened and that they are trying to deal with it instead of just leaving Dick in a coma forever. Could the plan be that all these Nightwing wannabees get themselves in trouble and Ric feels it's his duty to bail them out.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick is no longer on the Titans book, so I'm perfectly okay with Kyle and Co biting the dust. Maybe it's time for DC to do another company-wide reboot and see if they can do it any better this time. Hopefully Nightwing DOESN'T get cancelled because I could see current company feeling leaving Dick in mothballs. I feel better now that I know why the head shot happened and that they are trying to deal with it instead of just leaving Dick in a coma forever. Could the plan be that all these Nightwing wannabees get themselves in trouble and Ric feels it's his duty to bail them out.
    A company wide reboot with people like DiDio, King, and Bendis in charge?

Ugh. Kiss Nightwing's generation goodbye, maybe Jason Todd's as well. Look to Tim being the "first" Robin and Damian shuffled off somewhere else. Which has kind of happened anyway.

Jason Todd's generation lol
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Jason Todd's generation lol
    Well, those in his age group at least. As "they make Batman look too old" as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Ugh. Kiss Nightwing's generation goodbye, maybe Jason Todd's as well. Look to Tim being the "first" Robin and Damian shuffled off somewhere else. Which has kind of happened anyway.
    Well, Doomsday Clock will likely causes another wide reboot. It's almost impossible to avoid that.

Dick will survive any reboot (the other members in his generation are in danger). His brand name doesn't protect him from mistreatment, but protect him from disappear.

Didio has said that he thinks Tim is boring. The main reason why Tim's returning so soon is because Bendis wants a Young Justice comic, but Bendis seems more interesting on the other characters in Young Justice.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-05-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

They can’t do it now. As much as people complained about Dick’s portrayal before the live Titans series came out I think ultimately it will be his saving grace. The show is doing well and is good in my opinion. I’m not saying he will be like Batman or Superman but his more relevant now then he has been in a few years outside of comic books themselves.