Page 91 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    The mess is highly likely coming from the higher-up. That's why they stick to the amnesia storyline no matter who the writer is.
    I just hope Fabian Nicieza and Travis Moore would stay on Nightwing after this arc.
    I hope so, too. I think most villains are fair game wherever and in whatever book they turn up so yohyi's news isn't a big deal to me. At this point, everything is expendable except Grayson himself--whoever he is at the moment. This can't last forever.

On a more positive note, as this is Dick Grayson, he's Damian's favorite brother. The kid even brags to Selina about him.

BANNED

It's too bad we're not getting this kind of thing in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well Lady Vic hasn't been a Nightwing villain since when? Mid 00s? Her and Dick haven't even encountered each other since the reboot.
    That's a problem.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. Yale and Ostrander have a plan for Barbara/Oracle. Aftet DC forgot Barbara and doesn't plan to use her.

At least, DC doesn't forgot Dick. Unless you think it's better nobody writes Dick until someone has a really good plan for him
    The only reason he wasnt forgottedn is he existed and was loved as long as Batman and the iconic NTT which is also best during PRE-CRISIS. Post crisis, even pre flashpoint had difficulty using him after Jason died. Birth of Prey and Denny Oneil sure utilised Orable till the mid 2000s.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 10-18-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    The only reason he wasnt forgottedn is he existed and was loved as long as Batman and the iconic NTT which is also best during PRE-CRISIS. Post crisis, even pre flashpoint had difficulty using him after Jason died. Birth of Prey and Denny Oneil sure utilised Orable till the mid 2000s.
    When you say PRE-CRISIS, do you mean "Crisis on Infinity Earths" or "Infinity Crisis"? Since you mentioned the death of Jason, I guess you mean "Crisis on Infinity Earths".

I hear some things about the story of Dick, correct me if I'm wrong

- New Teen Titans was a really strong brand at first, but this began to decline over time until its cancellation.

- I've heard the comic of Nigthwing start strong with Chuck Dixon, but the next writers can't mantain the quality. So, his comics have problems until he becomes Batman.

- Dick was good before Pre-Flashpoint, because he has the identity of Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-18-2018 at 08:09 PM.

BANNED

Dick Grayson would be EASY to use, if Didio so dictated. He (Grayson--not Didio) might be the most BELOVED character in comics by his devout fans, who are absolute diehards. There is a core of people who go all Mama Bear about him. They love him as if he was their own brother, friend, etc (or in my case, great-grandson). I hear, "I was into Whatever Man and now I'm into Whoever Man," but once Grayson gets under your skin, you're hooked. There are few other characters that inspire this; they're out there (like X-Fans who really love Cyclops. with good reason) but those inspirational characters really aren't all that plentiful. I'll read a story and go, "Oh, this is cool where Superman shares his consciousness with a bobcat." (anyone else remember THAT?) but Don't-Mess-With-Grayson. Didio likes to troll them, and clearly feels nothing but contempt for them because they're not as apathetic as he is--but he has hostages so we have to put up with it and keep forking over that cash. If I was in his position, though, I'd ENCOURAGE Wingnuts and tell his writers to make him look good. I would want to make ALL my characters with a monthly title look good so that customers will buy their books, and there are endless ways to accomplish that.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 10-18-2018 at 07:47 PM.

When you say PRE-CRISIS, do you mean "Crisis on Infinity Earths" or "Infinity Crisis"? Since you mentioned the death of Jason, I guess you mean "Crisis on Infinity Earths".

- New Teen Titans was a really strong brand at first, but this began to decline over time until its cancellation.

- I've heard the comic of Nigthwing start strong with Chuck Dixon, but the next writers can mantain the quality. So, his comics have problem until he becomes Batman.

Close, except Dixon's run wasn't spectacular either. Grayson was better.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fantastic Member

- I've heard the comic of Nigthwing start strong with Chuck Dixon, but the next writers can mantain the quality. So, his comics have problem until he becomes Batman.

All these are right. He was in limbo even back then with NTT going down.Chuck Dixon was good enough but he started to play too much on Dick's looks and sexuality and the Titans pretty much was underminded favor of the batfam. Even his past as Robin is never respected and got worse the more Dixon wrote. (fired and treated like crap as a kid)

You would think if they feel Nightwing should be pushed as his own hero, they wouldn't let Devin Grayson write him, but Mark Waid who wanted to write his solo, but DC said "he was too big for NW". The only times he look good from the 2000s is his cameos outside batbooks by writers who loved him as Robin and with teams/connections he built as Robin. And nobody wanted to make Batman look dumb. There's too little NW comics that reach the quality of Robin!Dick and Dickbats.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 10-18-2018 at 08:07 PM.

BANNED

All these are right. He was in limbo even back then with NTT going down.Chuck Dixon was good enough but he started to play too much on Dick's looks and sexuality and the Titans pretty much was underminded favor of the batfam. You would think if they feel Nightwing should be pushed as his own hero, they wouldn't let Devin Grayson write him, but Mark Waid who wanted to write his solo, but DC said "he was too big for NW". The only times he look good from the 2000s is his cameos outside batbooks by writers who loved him as Robin and with teams he built as Robin. And nobody wanted to make Batman look dumb. There's too little NW comics that reach the quality of Robin!Dick and Dickbats.
    A big-time writer usually gets what he wants. If Mark Waid had his heart totally set on it--like Bendis does on Young Justice--they would give it to him if he could meet his deadlines on other assigned titles with it. Devin Grayson needed to be removed for several reasons. Chuck Dixon is great and I'd like to see him back; Dick Grayson being handsome is just part of who the character is--along with his acrobatics, fighting abilities, detective abilities--etc etc etc.

This is true. But it took *years* for the book to really decline. It's not like it had a couple really good storylines and then crashed, it was one of the best things on the stands for quite a long while.

- I've heard the comic of Nigthwing start strong with Chuck Dixon, but the next writers can't mantain the quality. So, his comics have problems until he becomes Batman.
    .....mostly true. Under Dixon the book had a solid setting and did a good job building Dick's world as a solo act (whether individual fans liked the direction is another matter, but the foundation was consistent). The sales were never incredible but it was, if I recall correctly, a reliable, stable mid-tier seller. Not actually very different from how it is now, only under Dixon there were a lot more positive reviews (still negative ones too, but not like we see currently). Once he left, the book began to suffer and has struggled with finding talent more often than not ever since. But that's less the character and more DC policy. And when Dick becomes Batman, it never helps the Nightwing title because there is no Nightwing title during these periods. Dick's story unfolds in the pages of the Batman books. Batman comics sell well regardless of who is in the cowl, so that doesn't say much about Dick either.

You're half right. Dick was great pre-Flashpoint yes. But not because he was Batman (although he was, indeed, a Batman at the time). Dick was great because he's Dick Grayson, and it takes serious effort to make him suck as a character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

All these are right. He was in limbo even back then with NTT going down.Chuck Dixon was good enough but he started to play too much on Dick's looks and sexuality and the Titans pretty much was underminded favor of the batfam. Even his past as Robin is never respected and got worse the more Dixon wrote. (fired and treated like crap as a kid)

You would think if they feel Nightwing should be pushed as his own hero, they wouldn't let Devin Grayson write him, but Mark Waid who wanted to write his solo, but DC said "he was too big for NW". The only times he look good from the 2000s is his cameos outside batbooks by writers who loved him as Robin and with teams/connections he built as Robin. And nobody wanted to make Batman look dumb. There's too little NW comics that reach the quality of Robin!Dick and Dickbats.
    This is really bad for Nightwing, because this start even before Didio enter on the DC (he enter in DC the same year that Devin Grayson took Nightwing comic, but Didio's position was smaller than now).

That means, even if there's a change in DC (and Didio is fired), the situation of Dick won't likely improve. Dick is still going to be too tied to Batman.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-18-2018 at 08:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    You're half right. Dick was great pre-Flashpoint yes. But not because he was Batman (although he was, indeed, a Batman at the time). Dick was great because he's Dick Grayson, and it takes serious effort to make him suck as a character.
    I don't express myself correctly.

I was referring to the fact that Dick was doing really well and was in a good position because he was Batman.

In other words, during his time as Batman, they put good creative teams on Dick stories (and did not send them to other comics) and their stories were not completely interrupted to connect with another. Right?
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-19-2018 at 06:42 AM.

BANNED

This is really bad for Nightwing, because this start even before Didio enter on the DC (he enter in DC the same year that Devin Grayson took Nightwing comic, but Didio's position was smaller than now).

That means, even if there's a change in DC (and Didio is fired), the situation of Dick won't likely improve. Dick is still going to be too tied to Batman.
    Not if DC doesn't WANT it to be that way. All Didio would have to do is say, "Make Nightwing shine." So let it be written, so let it be done. Dick Grayson is limited only by the lack of imagination apportioned to him. There is no shortage of talent, but it is OUTSIDE of The Old Boys' Network. I promise I could go to the San Diego comic con and come back with dozens of talented young writers and artists DYING to become stars, eager to make lemonade out any lemon they're handed, AND I could do it every single year. But then, The Old Boys' Network would get a lot bigger and maybe people might actually (gasp!) compete for jobs like they do in the REAL world.

Fantastic Member

Dick has a daughter in Batman Beyond #25. Her name is Elainna.
    And Dick is the mayor of Bludhaven.
    CD74AE4D-5502-4DFF-87D6-154568D7955D.jpg