Page 95 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    That seems like a funny story.

However, nothing guarantees that this will increase the fanbase of Nightwing (if this does not happen, DC will continue to treat Dick badly)
    I'm just tossing out some thoughts off the top of my head to give examples of cool things to do. It feels like Dick is trying to exist within a cage of old ideas and a sour type of prejudice that vacillates between neglect and directed hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick is limited only by his scribes' imaginations. If you got a young and hungry writer, a decent artist, and said, "Go crazy. Take this character on the coolest adventures you can possibly think of," it would totally rock. I'd build a wild team around him, add Frankenstein, Element Woman, Platinum from Metal Men, one of the other Marvels, POWER GIRL, a reformed Gorilla Grodd, maybe even Merry Man from the Inferior Five, maybe some Gen-13 kids, especially Fairchild. Base him in London or Tokyo, maybe he buys an old house from The Spectre with a time machine and a race car in it, there is nothing he CAN'T do.
    This is also another thing, it feels like whatever writers come in there isn't a passion to the character. I think there was a lot of passion and love when it came to Grayson and early Rebirth but it feels like we are back at the start of the New 52 level of "who cares people will buy it anyway."
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I gotta say, I’m digging the Titans TV show. Dick’s definitely more violet and extreme then I’m used to, but that seems to clearly be part of a character arc. So I’m ok with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I gotta say, I’m digging the Titans TV show. Dick’s definitely more violet and extreme then I’m used to, but that seems to clearly be part of a character arc. So I’m ok with it.
    I find his character on Titans has a lot of depth and not so simple of a personality. My wife who has never read comics came in the room why I was watching the show and is hooked now. Like you said he is more extreme and brutal but I makes his story very intriguing as to how he got that way and how can he control that.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I'm glad that it's an arc but personally it's an arc that I don't want to see Dick go through. I'm fine with a more shut-in Dick become more open and loving to those around him. The flashback, phone contacts and picture of a possible classic team were the best parts.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Many assume the situation of Dick can change for better when Didio (and other higher ups) move on to other places. However, this seems unlikely.

Beyond Didio feelings against Dick, I do not think the others higher ups hate Dick. However, they do not seem to believe that the character can (or should) be anything more than Batman's "sidekick". They think the character is enough profitable in that way, so their replacements will probably maintain the same ideology.

I mean Didio want to kill Dick in Crisis Infinity, but this was prevented by other people. However, these people don't prevented "Mark Waid is too big for Nightwing" or other bad decisions regarding Nightwing comic.

At the end, Dick probably needs an external impulse to get out of the situation where he is with DC. As Ascended mentioned:

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I figure there's two ways Dick might find success under the current management. Either a larger media adaptation takes off and becomes super popular, and the comics push Dick in an effort to ride the synergy wave.....or a writer slips in with a pitch DC never even looked at, and it turns out to be some incredible, game changing run that makes DC so much revenue they can't back peddle out of it.
    I really hope Titans is pretty successful and attract a lot of attention on Dick.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-20-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Mighty Member

Dick is limited only by his scribes' imaginations. If you got a young and hungry writer, a decent artist, and said, "Go crazy. Take this character on the coolest adventures you can possibly think of," it would totally rock. I'd build a wild team around him, add Frankenstein, Element Woman, Platinum from Metal Men, one of the other Marvels, POWER GIRL, a reformed Gorilla Grodd, maybe even Merry Man from the Inferior Five, maybe some Gen-13 kids, especially Fairchild. Base him in London or Tokyo, maybe he buys an old house from The Spectre with a time machine and a race car in it, there is nothing he CAN'T do.
    Reading this made me realize how much I miss Gen-13... where's Caitlin at, nowadays? O.o last I read her, she was in the early issues of the New 52 Superboy relaunch.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Moore black and white

Dp5s9exUUAAyYuA.jpg

My favorite probably

Dp5tWhAVsAA7H2B.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    My favorite probably

Dp5tWhAVsAA7H2B.jpg
    Please forgive my aged eyesight, but are these people turning into fingerprints?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Awwwwww, thanks so much for this. I've been needing something to make me smile.

Please forgive my aged eyesight, but are these people turning into fingerprints?
    It's a nightmare sequence where he can't remember who they are symbolized with spyral faces

Dick's younger years...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's a nightmare sequence where he can't remember who they are symbolized with spyral faces
    Oh yeah, I didn't realize it before, do you suppose that was intentional, distorting Dick's memories with what his subconscious remembers from the Spyral tech?