Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
What would people want to see from this? What would be your pitch?

An idea I'd pitch would be to use the head injury to maybe give Dick some powers. Then have fun with the idea like they did with the spy direction in Grayson. Everyone knows it isn't going to be permanent but it is a direction you can have fun with for a few arcs where creators can try out some non traditional things. Might make a dull setting like Bludhaven interesting for a bit.
What would be fascinating would be a realistic portrayal of a traumatic brain injury. In addition to short term amnesia, let's see the headaches, vertigo, getting stuck in negative emotions, anger issues, struggles with short term memory including little things like forgetting that the stove is on, migraines that last for days, sensitivity to light and sounds, loss of appetite, and difficulty with skin sensations. Give us the dramatic personality change that people with head injuries have.

Show people walking on eggshells around Dick because they don't know what will trigger him. Show him needing help but unable to ask for it. Make it interesting and not the cliche "Oh, I was injured but got super powers." Nah. Bring on the "I was injured and got severe PTSD and now I can't do what I loved anymore."

Damian's super powers were explained by the fact that he has a unique physiology due to being incubated from conception with the chaos shard before being resurrected with said shard infused with the omega energy and a history of being exposed to the Lazarus Pit. Dick could do something similar based on the early childhood grooming to be a Talon, with the accelerated regeneration that kicks in after death. However, anything else wouldn't make sense and would come off as similar to a bad fan fiction.

If King is pushing his depressed world of heroes on us, then DC should embrace it and give us an angry Dick Grayson. Because I don't know about you, but all the veterans I know with PTSD are primarily irritable and angry, not mopey. And everyone I've known with head injuries were completely changed by the experience.