Page 88 of 182 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2724
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wish the reboot went all the way back that far.
    It would be better as an elseworlds. DC will find a way to destroy Dick as Robin like making him more incompetent. They could rewrite Dick's time to as Robin into a disaster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    DiDio will do another reboot if that happens and turn Dick back to Robin.
    That might not be a bad idea. It'd solve a lot of problems.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    That might not be a bad idea. It'd solve a lot of problems.
    Or create new ones. Imagine them turning Dick into an edgy and rash Robin like a New52-esque Robin.

I'd be pissed if they made Dick Robin again.

I'm fine with it for stuff in other media like TTGO or the new streaming show, I'm with it in Elseworlds and flashback stories. But in the main canon? No. Dick grew beyond that role a long time ago (even if DC won't cut the cord) and I'd hate to see him devolved.

Plus, that would mean no Jason, Damian, or Tim, and probably no Cass, Steph, Jean-Paul, Kate, Bette, etc. Just Babs and Dick....back in roles and ages we've already seen them grow out of. We've been there already, I'd be much more interested in seeing these characters take the next logical steps forward, if anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Dick hasn't been in Robin in the comics in decades. Its good to see at least some of the DC main cast be able to develop as characters, rather than remain forever stuck in the same position forever.

That may be a big part of why Batman Beyond was such a big hit; people finally got to see Bruce too old to be Batman, and how he would handle things.

I mean, good lord! Even Goku, the man-child that he is, has grown older and become a grandfather. If Goku of all people can grow older, so can Batman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Or create new ones. Imagine them turning Dick into an edgy and rash Robin like a New52-esque Robin.
    I'd be okay with Dick as he was in 1939: "Gee, that'd be swell!" He was nice back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Dick hasn't been in Robin in the comics in decades. Its good to see at least some of the DC main cast be able to develop as characters, rather than remain forever stuck in the same position forever.

That may be a big part of why Batman Beyond was such a big hit; people finally got to see Bruce too old to be Batman, and how he would handle things.

I mean, good lord! Even Goku, the man-child that he is, has grown older and become a grandfather. If Goku of all people can grow older, so can Batman.
    Batman Beyond was such a different thing that I don't think it's possible to credite Bruce for it´s success. It had brand new villains, and brand new secondary and recurrent characters.

Even Gotham felt like something new.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd be pissed if they made Dick Robin again.

I'm fine with it for stuff in other media like TTGO or the new streaming show, I'm with it in Elseworlds and flashback stories. But in the main canon? No. Dick grew beyond that role a long time ago (even if DC won't cut the cord) and I'd hate to see him devolved.

Plus, that would mean no Jason, Damian, or Tim, and probably no Cass, Steph, Jean-Paul, Kate, Bette, etc. Just Babs and Dick....back in roles and ages we've already seen them grow out of. We've been there already, I'd be much more interested in seeing these characters take the next logical steps forward, if anything.

I agree
    and it would really crap on the character development work that Wolfman and Perez did to transition him from Robin to Nightwing and build him up
    his connections with the Titans including especially Kory played a big part.
    Kory helped Dick take off his red tunic when he gave up being Robin. Right before he became Nightwing, he was grateful for Kory sticking by him while he almost alienated everybody and that he loves her for that.
    Last edited by Starrius; 10-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I agree
    and it would really crap on the character development work that Wolfman and Perez did to transition him from Robin to Nightwing and build him up
    his connections with the Titans including especially Kory played a big part.
    Kory helped Dick take off his red tunic when he gave up being Robin. Right before he became Nightwing, he was grateful for Kory sticking by him while he almost alienated everybody and that he loves her for that.
    Everything Wolfman and Perez did to create Nightwing and build him up was thrown out the window, thanks to Max Allan Collins--and thanks to Denny O'Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Actually thats kinda wrong...

All manga's have endings even some of the oldest one will eventually end (one piece, Hajime no Ippo) so the characters are allowed to grow older. Comic like DC and Marvel can't allow their characters to get too old, unless its a comic about the future or an elseworld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    [/B]

All manga's have endings even some of the oldest one will eventually end (one piece, Hajime no Ippo) so the characters are allowed to grow older. Comic like DC and Marvel can't allow their characters to get too old, unless its a comic about the future or an elseworld.
    The characters can't be allowed to age beyond where they are now. I don't want Batman to be 80 years old and pushing himself down an alleyway in a wheelchair after some thugs, throwing his dentures at them. They're fictional characters and not bound by the same rules of mortality that we are. I'm thinking that the DC universe needs a serious line-wide relaunch, with certain things set in stone--such as ages and hierarchies.

Mighty Member

Everything Wolfman and Perez did to create Nightwing and build him up was thrown out the window, thanks to Max Allan Collins--and thanks to Denny O'Neil.
    Ugh! That's a damned shame!
    Dick went backwards
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

The characters can't be allowed to age beyond where they are now. I don't want Batman to be 80 years old and pushing himself down an alleyway in a wheelchair after some thugs, throwing his dentures at them. They're fictional characters and not bound by the same rules of mortality that we are. I'm thinking that the DC universe needs a serious line-wide relaunch, with certain things set in stone--such as ages and hierarchies.
    I don't like the hierarchies part set in stone, it gives too much power to the characters that are in top. Its great if you're a fan of one of the characters at the top but if not then...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    [/B]

And yet, some of the most popular/most well loved parts of comics are arcs when characters grow older, develop, and take another step through life. Like Dick becoming Nightwing, Wally becoming Flash, the other Batkids progressing, even when Dick became Batman, that's considered one of the better Batman and Robin lines in a long time.

And, in case others haven't noticed, Dragon Ball as a franchise is growing quite a bit. Worldwide at that. Over on the Dragon Ball forums, there's a slow, but steadily growing group that want the main character mantle passed from Goku down to another character. Be it Gohan, Goten, Trunks, or even Pan and Uub, there is that growing consensus.

I thought Mar'i Grayson was a fanfic creation.
    Nope, just an Elseworlds one. Nightstar from Kingdom Come - it's also the source of the Red Robin costume.