Page 26 of 182 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The thing is Lobdell doing a few panels or pages may look good but can he carry that for multiple issues? I have my doubts, I'll always support Dick's book but that's part of the problem. People like me will always cling to his solo stuff out of fear of him being killed or shipped of to limbo. So we end up taking whatever mundane storylines that get shoveled our way.
    He is too popular to get killed or send to limbo
    Just drop the book if you dont like it, so the book could get relaunched as soon as possible
    Last edited by Onthetrapeze; 09-12-2018 at 06:37 PM.

The thing is Lobdell doing a few panels or pages may look good but can he carry that for multiple issues? I have my doubts, I'll always support Dick's book but that's part of the problem. People like me will always cling to his solo stuff out of fear of him being killed or shipped of to limbo. So we end up taking whatever mundane storylines that get shoveled our way.
    That's a question for pretty much whoever writes Nightwing now, isn't it? There simply hasn't been a solid direction for the character, or at least one that DC can leave alone to take shape. Any Jason fans will understand your limbo concern because we went through it for the longest time. Only thanks to Lobdell that Jason has been having a continuous and honest development for a solid 7 years, whether you like it or not. That's a lot more fortunate than the disconnected storylines in Nightwing that ultimately get the character no further than before, thanks to inconsistent creative teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Just drop the book if you dont like it, so the book could get relaunched as soon as possible
    Tell that to Dan Didio.

Hoping for relaunches to "fix" things shouldn't be the first choice. I would rather they take a month off the book to figure out a solid creative team, story, and direction they want to take.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    That's a question for pretty much whoever writes Nightwing now, isn't it? There simply hasn't been a solid direction for the character, or at least one that DC can leave alone to take shape. Any Jason fans will understand your limbo concern because we were going through it for the longest time. Only thanks to Lobdell that Jason has been having a continuous and honest development for a solid 7 years, whether you like it or not. That's a lot more fortunate than the disconnected storylines in Nightwing that ultimately get the character no further than before, thanks to inconsistent creative teams.
    The difference between Dick and Jason being in limbo is that Jason actually served a story purpose being dead. He had pathos for Batman and pretty much the DC universe as a whole. Dick going into limbo would be retreading old ground if they tried to kill him or him just disappearing would be a lose for DC because no matter the quality good or bad his books always sells.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

This is exactly the problem. If enough people would just stop supporting a mediocre Nightwing and/or Titans book things might change for him. That's a big IF of course but something seriously needs to be done about how mediocre his books are and at this point I'd almost rather see him in limbo than in yet another mediocre story. (Notice that I only said that I would ALMOST rather see him in limbo not that I really want that.) I'm just so tired of the same old story all the danged time. I want stories that challenge the character and that develops him more not all this other nonsense.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    This is exactly the problem. If enough people would just stop supporting a mediocre Nightwing and/or Titans book things might change for him. That's a big IF of course but something seriously needs to be done about how mediocre his books are and at this point I'd almost rather see him in limbo than in yet another mediocre story. (Notice that I only said that I would ALMOST rather see him in limbo not that I really want that.
    I know thats a problem. Thats why I brought it up.

Incredible Member

That's a question for pretty much whoever writes Nightwing now, isn't it? There simply hasn't been a solid direction for the character, or at least one that DC can leave alone to take shape. Any Jason fans will understand your limbo concern because we were going through it for the longest time. Only thanks to Lobdell that Jason has been having a continuous and honest development for a solid 7 years, whether you like it or not. That's a lot more fortunate than the disconnected storylines in Nightwing that ultimately get the character no further than before, thanks to inconsistent creative teams.
    I agree with you. Situation could be a lot worse. Lobdell actually did a good job with Jason. I’m going to give this a shot. He is a proven vet and focuses on character development. I agree with the other poster the character needs a solid direction though. I think they need to pull NightWing from the Titans. He is written awfully in that book. I honestly think the fan base should have got behind the Grayson run as a collective. The character hasn’t been the same since.

The difference between Dick and Jason being in limbo is that Jason actually served a story purpose being dead. He had pathos for Batman and pretty much the DC universe as a whole. Dick going into limbo would be retreading old ground if they tried to kill him or him just disappearing would be a lose for DC because no matter the quality good or bad his books always sells.
    You can tell that to people who love Jason. That it's okay to kill off a child to serve a story purpose and doing it with a scummy move and then later victim blamed him to hell. You love Grayson, got it. That's no reason to compare and decide what happened to Jason to be more excusable. It is not.

Fantastic Member

That's a question for pretty much whoever writes Nightwing now, isn't it? There simply hasn't been a solid direction for the character, or at least one that DC can leave alone to take shape. Any Jason fans will understand your limbo concern because we went through it for the longest time. Only thanks to Lobdell that Jason has been having a continuous and honest development for a solid 7 years, whether you like it or not. That's a lot more fortunate than the disconnected storylines in Nightwing that ultimately get the character no further than before, thanks to inconsistent creative teams.
    A sincere suggestion:Stop comparing Nightwing with Red Hood
    They are completely different characters. Dick has been through character development for 78 years,written by a number of good writers. Not every fanbase have to regard Lobdell as the light of life,you know.

Funny thing is that this is just such a bad business decision, the only people interested are Jason's fans, nice way to lose the target audiences.

Here DC has a story line that is recived with apprehension and put an distrusted writer on charge.

After Wally no one is too poupular to limbo, and edditorial is never going to take responsibility of a story doesn't sell.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 09-12-2018 at 07:03 PM.

You can tell that to people who love Jason. That it's okay to kill off a child to serve a story purpose and doing it with a scummy move and then later victim blamed him to hell. You love Grayson, got it. That's no reason to compare and decide what happened to Jason to be more excusable. It is not.
    It's fictional so yeah I am okay with it. And I have said it to Jason fans, it's my opinion.

A sincere suggestion:Stop comparing Nightwing with Red Hood
    They are completely different characters. Dick has been through character development for 78 years,written by a number of good writers. Not every fanbase have to regard Lobdell as the light of life,you know.
    And did I say you have to? Please. I brought up Lobdell to make a point that RH has had gradual development under one writer vs Nightwing having little because DC keeps changing creative teams and altering their visions. And it is a problem that you guys admit yourselves. Did your dislike for Lobdell make you read my comment as saying you should worship everything he writes?

Most of the people who defend Lobdell's work are Jason Todd fans. But he butchered Dick's relashionship with Roy, Tim and Kory in favor of Todd, which is something Nightwing fans don't like and have hold against him.

Yes, he did a good job with Red Hood over the years, but he destroyed several other characters. Let's not forget that the Young Justice generation to this day have yet to recover to what he did with the Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Funny thing is that this is just such a bad business decision, the only people interested are Jason's fans, nice way to lose the target audiences.

Here DC has a story line that is recived with apprehension and put an distrusted writer on charge.

After Wally no one is too poupular to limbo, and edditorial is never going to take responsibility of a story doesn't sell.
    I am a big nightwing fan and I'm also interested. I'm sure any thing lobdell writes can't be worse than the awful percy's nightwing. To be honest, this could go two directions, the bad n52 writing many fans here are complaining about or the rebirth lobdell that I have come to like. I hope the stories ends as good, like what he has done with rebirth Redhood.

Extraordinary Member

But its not fair i like exclusivley buy Nightwing and Robin(damian) books

so half my pull list about to dissapear. Also i dont want to not support dick grayson I dont trust DC not to bench him and put Stephanie in his suit or somthing
    I am so frustrated by this