Page 27 of 182 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    A sincere suggestion:Stop comparing Nightwing with Red Hood
    They are completely different characters. Dick has been through character development for 78 years,written by a number of good writers. Not every fanbase have to regard Lobdell as the light of life,you know.
    Thank you.

Lobdell is not even here to do what he eventually got to do with Jason. Which took what, 2 relaunches to get something some people finally talk favorably about. He’s here to get scripts in, and push editorials new direction. Which we have seen him do before and it’s never been a plesant experience. Which is quite frankly just bull**** that after 50 issues of support, in this market, that all they can muster up for Nightwing readers is an in house guy that’s obviously there to just get scripts in and push him getting shot in the head.

And let’s not forget, Jason Todd is the exception when it comes to Lobdell. Lobdell certainly didn’t work out for Starfire, or Tim Drake, or Superboy, or that entire generation.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I am a big nightwing fan and I'm also interested. I'm sure any thing lobdell writes can't be worse than the awful percy's nightwing. To be honest, this could go two directions, the bad n52 writing many fans here are complaining about or the rebirth lobdell that I have come to like. I hope the stories ends as good, like what he has done with rebirth Redhood.
    I will never forgive what he did to starfire

@Drako

I'm not sure why you say this to me. No where in my comment I said he would be good for Nightwing. I simply stated that it's a question to any writer attempting to write NW, not just Lobdell, whether they can keep up for multiple issues because the problem lies with DC and their lack of direction. Which RHATO thankfully didn't have as badly.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-12-2018 at 07:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I want to look forward to this but this string of badluck
    I need a win

I enjoyed Rebirth RH, so I’m kind of interested here. I dropped Nightwing after Percy pushed this bizarre hatred of tech onto Dick, and totally ignored Bludhaven’s characterization as Las Vegas in order to make it “Gotham but worse” again. So I’ll be checking Lobdell’s Stuff out but I have to say it’s frustrating that Nightwing hasn’t been able to keep a creative team since Seeley.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    And did I say you have to? Please. I brought up Lobdell to make a point that RH has had gradual development under one writer vs Nightwing having little because DC keeps changing creative teams and altering their visions. And it is a problem that you guys admit yourselves. Did your dislike for Lobdell make you read my comment as saying you should worship everything he writes?
    then why you kept referring Lobdell in a Nightwing's thread?We know the value of a consistent creative team,please. We also know what is good quality of story. Lobdell is not the best example in terms of that aspect. What makes you think you can teach us a lesson?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I will never forgive what he did to starfire
    She became a sexual goldfish (in reference to the bad memory about humans) which was later retconned to her lying about which then makes you question why was she like that? Plus the early retcons in that book about Jason bragging about sleeping with her were later changed to him lying about it. Stuff like that makes the book try so hard at being cool and mature but then makes the main hero look like a loser who brags about his non-existent sex life and a powerful popular heroine into wanking material. I don't even want to get into Roy that would take too long.

DC had to reboot the universe and butcher a lot of characters and relationships to prop Jason up.

So how many issues is Lobdell around for again?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But its not fair i like exclusivley buy Nightwing and Robin(damian) books

so half my pull list about to dissapear. Also i dont want to not support dick grayson I dont trust DC not to bench him and put Stephanie in his suit or somthing
    I am so frustrated by this
    Sorry to hear that. It is just not the best time for being a Nightwing's fan.

Sorry to hear that. It is just not the best time for being a Nightwing's fan.
    Eh, we got YJ coming soon and Titans (hopefully).

I am confident that we will get a good portrayal of Dick, my main concern is literally everything else. Except maybe Hank since I think he kinda fits the toughness of this universe.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    @Drako

I'm not sure why you say this to me. No where in my comment I said he would be good for Nightwing. I simply stated that it's a question to any writer attempting to write NW, not just Lobdell, whether they can keep up for multiple issues because the problem lies with DC and their lack of direction. Which RHATO thankfully didn't have as badly.
    I was just telling you the reason most people were not thrilled by the news and afraid of what might come. Not that you did not already know.

It was more because I was frustrated. I don't follow Red Hood as much and my experiences with Lobdell are just awful.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

I am confident that we will get a good portrayal of Dick, my main concern is literally everything else. Except maybe Hank since I think he kinda fits the toughness of this universe.
    OK,I admit that Geoff Johns is the light of my life.

OK,I admit that Geoff Johns is the light of my life.
    Other media is generally pretty kind to Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I am a big nightwing fan and I'm also interested. I'm sure any thing lobdell writes can't be worse than the awful percy's nightwing. To be honest, this could go two directions, the bad n52 writing many fans here are complaining about or the rebirth lobdell that I have come to like. I hope the stories ends as good, like what he has done with rebirth Redhood.
    Fine, the people interested are almost only Jason's fans, I should had say enthusiasts though (most people get at least middely interested in trainwreck) My point still stands though, Lobdell doesn't sell this direction, he discourage most of the target base.

Percy may have not been all that great but Lobdell has been way more damaging to Nightwing. Now he has tree issues to writte him at maybe his more vulnerable. And he is so damn melodramatic!

Fantastic Member

Other media is generally pretty kind to Dick.
    True. I may drop the book for a while, until DC figure it out.

Extraordinary Member

but it was suppose to be perfect, a good running story, and excellent debut in Titans, sales increase, Young jsutice hits and smashes Nightwing brand takes off DC takes notice
    Thats what needs to happen he is so close to breaking the glass sealing and joining the Trinity and harley and if it doesnt happen now it wont ever