Page 166 of 182 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2724
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Another Bat event... Ready for Dick/"Ric" to be further used as a plot device and treated as a sidekick. Well, you won't have to wait for long. Tom King has a story for you!
    Too lazy to go get on Twitter. Does it mention Rico?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If anything that probably means that the Ric story is going to drag on until the Batman event at #75 which is probably when DC will relaunch their Batman titles. So get ready for months and months of more Ric Grayson and Lobdell!

But yeah, I have zero confidence in King doing right by any of the supporting Batman characters. He has not treated them too well in his run and I imagine there will be a lot more collateral damage coming. The rumors are that he wants to kill/remove Bruce from the Batman mantle and wants to replace him with someone to do his own Knightfall story probably means that Ric will stick around to prevent Dick from being available to take over as Batman until then possibly. Since King didn't want to do the DickBats thing again. He said int hat podcast he wanted to use Duke originally but no clue if he will do that still.
    I think DC would jump at the chance to have a black Batman. With Jason and Damian exiled, Dick being a brain-damaged bum, and Tim launching his own line of books, there’s not much left who could fit into the costume but Duke.

I find it kinda ironic that when there's a new issue out this thread goes dark for a few days.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I find it kinda ironic that when there's a new issue out this thread goes dark for a few days.
    There's nothing to talk about. Titans had a Hawk and Dove episode. The comics had Ric.

I'm sure its because all the lively discussion is in the Nightwing #54 thread.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think DC would jump at the chance to have a black Batman. With Jason and Damian exiled, Dick being a brain-damaged bum, and Tim launching his own line of books, there’s not much left who could fit into the costume but Duke.
    Can Duke even fit in the costume? Didn’t think he was that big.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Can Duke even fit in the costume? Didn’t think he was that big.
    They are all whatever age, weight, or sex Tom King wants them to be at any given moment. I think Luke Fox would have made a better Batman than Duke, though.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

All the artists that worked with Tom King so far have drawn him with significant size difference compared to Bruce. Even Dick is taller and thicker. He's closer to Jason, but still shorter if I remember correctly.

Yes. Duke's height is a key factor to his ability to be Batman. If he weren't tall enough, it's be a dead giveaway that he wasn't Bruce.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I'm sure its because all the lively discussion is in the Nightwing #54 thread.
    Generally with any other character the discussion will be on almost all forms the character is involved in. (Ex. Firestorm's appreciation was popping with his HiC apperance and he was the topic in those threads too.)

I just find it funny that with each appearance we, the fans, get more quiet and sullen.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    There's nothing to talk about. Titans had a Hawk and Dove episode. The comics had Ric.
    There's literally nothing going on for Wally, yet his thread is always popping.

How the hell can anyone think that Duke would be used by King to replace Batman? He did next to nothing with him for 60 issues.

Of course, he also did next to nothing with Gotham-Girl, who had the potential to be one of the most interesting characters introduced with Rebirth, so I guess anything is possible. But still.

There's literally nothing going on for Wally, yet his thread is always popping.
    This thread is double the size of Wally's.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This thread is double the size of Wally's.
    I know, didn't say it wasn't. That's not even a factor in my point. My point is that we go through times where no one says anything then jump 30 pages because DC did another disappointing thing. Then the cycle continues.

It's just an observation about the thread that I thought was funny.

BANNED

Everyone is unhappy except Dan Didio. This is a good place to commiserate with others.