Page 67 of 182 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2724
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I'm more worried that these are last minute plans than anything else.
    Last minute plan by DiDio, which is why Percy left. Why in hell would you want to tell the story of another person? Lobdell is an editorial pet and a friend of DiDio which is why he is "writing" now.

Mighty Member

Also heard the Fab Five generation has no support from big writers. Bendis is stretched thin and is not intrested. King is on full tragedy angst phase. Johns is planning Shazam and post-Doomsday Clock. Which is why DiDio can do whatever he wants with them. HiC deaths are personal recommendations from DiDio.

BANNED

Um whose telling you this?

Look at there current appearances, that should tell you enough.

Donna's an alcoholic.

Garth only appears when groups or crowds are need.

Roy and Wally are dead.

Dick has amnesia.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

On a positive note, Titans is getting some pretty good reviews. I’m excited about it now. Though hopefully they get the service streaming on Xbox or PS4 befor it debuts.

BANNED

I'm looking forward to the Judas Contract adaptation and Deathstroke.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Look at there current appearances, that should tell you enough.

Donna's an alcoholic.

Garth only appears when groups or crowds are need.

Roy and Wally are dead.

Dick has amnesia.
    Actually, I'm surprised Donna is still alive and not Dead yet. She is usually the first they kill off.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

King revealed in a podcast and/or Newsarama interview, I forgot which, when he started writing Heroes in Crisis he asked for characters he can do whatever he wants with, not characters that DC has plans. Harley and Booster are the names that they give. The others are not confirmed, but it's telling that the characters who died are the ones not starring in any books (Roy), or hit a story dead end (Wally)

BANNED

I'm aware but neither Harley nor Booster are Fab 5 characters.
    And I think its incorrect to say that he can do whatever he wants with Harley. She's got a solo book, Suicide Squad and an upcoming mini. Clearly he cant do anything that endangers them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Actually, I'm surprised Donna is still alive and not Dead yet. She is usually the first they kill off.
    Nah the first is generally some smaller Titan to build up to her. She's only died once, same with Garth but now Roy and Wally have too. Dammit, one thing I really loved about this generation is that they never really dealt with the dumb resurrection crap. I give Donna a pass because Return of Donna Troy is pretty awesome.

Now Dick is the only one not to have died. Forever Evil doesn't count, if you still continuously appear then it's not a death, plus it was just a fake out anyway.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    On a positive note, Titans is getting some pretty good reviews. I’m excited about it now. Though hopefully they get the service streaming on Xbox or PS4 befor it debuts.
    Good news indeed. It currently sits at 88% on rotten tomatoes and casual audience likes this stuff, so it will do really well. It really nice to see a DC live action having a high rating for a change and I'm glad it's the Titans.

So far, every Titans adaptation in media over the years has been successful, unlike justice league that has become a toxic property. it's high time, DC gives this franchise and the characters the respect they have earned.

BANNED

I'm glad Titans is exceeding expectations after that woeful trailer. I'll be sure to tune in, I don't think it'll entirely be my bag, but I'm curious.

It was obvious this whole direction is to isolate the character and cut him off from the DCU. I felt like I was the only one saying any of this. The fact that Percy had a story to tell where he was going to showcase Dick in the DCU and his knowledge and importance related to that with the Dark Web and how that was quickly dropped made it very clear. They did not want Dick to go in that direction which ruined Percy's story so he walked off the book, and Dick being sidelined during Heroes in Crisis despite who is involved really convinced me of it.

Though I think the idea that Didio has a story to tell and is why he cut the character off from everyone again is bs. He doesn't have a story. I think it is more that he sees Dick, and his generation, as being in the way at the moment. So he sidelined him and is pulling his generation around because no writer knows how to fit in these character, or knows what to do with them with a younger generation about to get focus (Young Justice) and them not being in the JL making them redundant as adult heroes. This has been a major problem since Titans Hunt, imo. So he is killing some off or ruining others (Wally) for events while the rest will be put into limbo next year I bet. I don't see the Titans book continuing for long. The Teen Titans book will be cancelled too I think and Damian will be moved back into the Batman books in Detective under Tomasi's control. This will make room for Tim's generation and the Young Justice characters to take center stage again while Bendis writes them who will be starting fresh with no shitty New 52 baggage unlike Dick's gen had to deal with.

It's basically a return to a New 52-like set up, which was Didio's big creation and push. Dick's cut off from the DCU again, has no real direction, irrelevant in bigger events, Batman book dumping on the character and forcing mandated changes, his gen is getting moved out of the way for younger generations, and they are even building another imprint to house their teen lead books under Bendis' oversight like they did in the New 52 the last time Tim's generation got a push. Just speculation, but I guess we will find out in the coming months.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was obvious this whole direction is to isolate the character and cut him off from the DCU. I felt like I was the only one saying any of this. The fact that Percy had a story to tell where he was going to showcase Dick in the DCU and his knowledge and importance related to that with the Dark Web and how that was quickly dropped made it very clear. They did not want Dick to go in that direction which ruined Percy's story so he walked off the book, and Dick being sidelined during Heroes in Crisis despite who is involved really convinced me of it.

Though I think the idea that Didio has a story to tell and is why he cut the character off from everyone again is bs. He doesn't have a story. I think it is more that he sees Dick, and his generation, as being in the way at the moment. So he sidelined him and is pulling his generation around because no writer knows how to fit in these character, or knows what to do with them with a younger generation about to get focus (Young Justice) and them not being in the JL making them redundant as adult heroes. This has been a major problem since Titans Hunt, imo. So he is killing some off or ruining others (Wally) for events while the rest will be put into limbo next year I bet. I don't see the Titans book continuing for long. The Teen Titans book will be cancelled too I think and Damian will be moved back into the Batman books in Detective under Tomasi's control. This will make room for Tim's generation and the Young Justice characters to take center stage again while Bendis writes them who will be starting fresh with no shitty New 52 baggage unlike Dick's gen had to deal with.

It's basically a return to a New 52-like set up, which was Didio's big creation and push. Dick's cut off from the DCU again, has no real direction, irrelevant in bigger events, Batman book dumping on the character and forcing mandated changes, his gen is getting moved out of the way for younger generations, and they are even building another imprint to house their teen lead books under Bendis' oversight like they did in the New 52 the last time Tim's generation got a push. Just speculation, but I guess we will find out in the coming months.
    I think this is very close to reality.
    Didio has picked up the helm and is reporting everything towards the beginning of the N52.
    He understood that Dick can not be killed and therefore isolates him from the rest of the world, effectively killing him anyway, at least by killing the essence of the character.

It has always bothered me to hear that the Titans are redundant and are a light version of the Justice League.
    Titans are different, they have their story and their distinctive features that, to my taste, make them much more interesting than the Justice League.

I think there's room for everyone, and I would like DC to give at least one title to every fanbase and every generation, Bruce JL, Dick Titans, Jason Outsiders, Tim YJ and Damian TT. I'd buy every title and would not feel redundant.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 10-05-2018 at 02:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post

I dont believe TT is in danger It has Didio's support, he loves the edgy and dark nature of the franchise and its not a lightweight brand either .The new direction was a shot in the dark to begin with so they'll keep it going for however long Glass wants and it wasn't dependant on Dick and Tim's generations to begin with so unless Bendis actively tries to undermine it I dont think YJ will hurt it. They've introduced Jason Todd in to the equation, have a crossover with Deathstroke and plan to connect it with King's Batman. It can last 2 years.