Page 135 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2724
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Of course it'd survive with mediocre writers. What do you think is happening right now? Nightwing has had a long string of short runs and bad talent (with a few highlights here and there, admittedly) and is still one of DC's most consistent books; outselling most of the DCU that isn't Justice League. The fact that it sells so well even when it's utterly terrible is exactly why we have this problem in the first place. Well, that and possibly managerial bias.
    Oh, I know it would sell good even with a mediocre writer.

I mentioned this part, because I don't know if Dick as spy would the right direction, especially since Nightwing will probably only get a mediocre writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Oh, I know it would sell good even with a mediocre writer.

I mentioned this part, because I don't know if Dick as spy would the right direction, especially since Nightwing will probably only get a mediocre writer.
    I have no idea if it would work as a direction or not. But I doubt it'd be any worse than what we've already seen. I think the fact that sales held steady when the book didn't have any brand recognition as "Grayson" tells us that there's some degree of interest, and sales would possibly increase if that status quo was mixed with the brand power of the Nightwing name and costume (he's no Superman but Nightwing does have decent brand recognition). But that's just guess work from a dude who doesn't have any hard data and only a basic understanding of how this particular industry works.

@Godlike: Well, problems are (almost) never one-sided, so I'd believe that DC keeps top talent away from Nightwing, and DC's attitude towards the book keeps the top talent away anyway.

Whether any top talent would want the book even in the best of times, I have no idea. When doing interviews, the creators on the book always have to say nice things so you can't count that. I've heard a few creators mention being big fans of Dick Grayson when they're not pushing their work on him (so they're probably being honest) but who knows how many fans Nightwing has among the pro's?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Good creators are most likely running from his book right now. It’s editors have created an unstable and undesirable situation with the book and character. Thats not gonna attract talent. Who would want to take over a book you can’t write what you want to write, has no support, and would have to inherit a direction that has been ment with nothing but mockery and distain.
    Assuming DC agrees to allow the talent write what they want to write (to a reasonable extent), taking over the book immediately after he regains his memories (again, assuming that's when the switch happens) basically gives them a clean slate to work with. That's really not that bad of a starting point, especially for a character like Dick who could really use it.

Mighty Member

Could you imagine if we didn't have Titans and Young Justice while we are experiencing the Ric era? I would probably stop reading and getting updated on comic books for a year. I'm only staying updated right now because of the tv shows.

I'm not optimistic with the Nightwing series. It is turning into a toxic property and writers avoid that. Those who dream of Grayson will only get dreams. It was just luck. Writers are now avoiding Dick or Ric after the Percy fiasco. It is for the best it to be cancelled and be brought back a few years when the brand is less toxic and DC has a new direction. Simply my opinion on this matter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Good creators are most likely running from his book right now. It’s editors have created an unstable and undesirable situation with the book and character. Thats not gonna attract talent. Who would want to take over a book you can’t write what you want to write, has no support, and would have to inherit a direction that has been ment with nothing but mockery and distain.
    There is no interest on the character on the comic-side. No writer wants to write him right now. Nightwing is a guinea pig for weird ideas. It's like a New Age of Heroes book in a sense. An experiment by editorial and DiDio. I won't write him now since Nightwing has dug itself into a hole. No writer wants that even the most devoted fan.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    There is no interest on the character on the comic-side. No writer wants to write him right now. Nightwing is a guinea pig for weird ideas. It's like a New Age of Heroes book in a sense. An experiment by editorial and DiDio. I won't write him now since Nightwing has dug itself into a hole. No writer wants that even the most devoted fan.
    Why can't Didio just leave him alone?I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Why can't Didio just leave him alone?I really don't get it.
    Because Dick makes Bruce "look old" and Didio has said he hates Dick and that generation.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Because Dick makes Bruce "look old" and Didio has said he hates Dick and that generation.
    Yeah I know he hates Dick. But why can't Didio just put Dick in a petty corner of DCU and dont even bother to give a glimpse at the boy?TBH that would be a bliss for both sides: him and Nightwing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Could you imagine if we didn't have Titans and Young Justice while we are experiencing the Ric era? I would probably stop reading and getting updated on comic books for a year. I'm only staying updated right now because of the tv shows.

I'm not optimistic with the Nightwing series. It is turning into a toxic property and writers avoid that. Those who dream of Grayson will only get dreams. It was just luck. Writers are now avoiding Dick or Ric after the Percy fiasco. It is for the best it to be cancelled and be brought back a few years when the brand is less toxic and DC has a new direction. Simply my opinion on this matter.
    I agree cancel the book until you have a direction and creative team.

Thank God for the DC streaming service because good God I'm done with nightwing in the comic. Until DC starts to care why should I.

I like that YJ maybe the most popular version of nightwing. Because some people say that nightwing as a superspy may not work (but how has batman lite been working for him since dixon?) But with YJ nightwing is not being shown fighting street level thugs in bludhevan. NO! He's globetrotting around the world on covert ops espionage missions with others of DC while working for/with the JL. But yeah nightwing doesn't work as a superspy .

Dick in YJ is basically grayson but instead of agent 37 he's nightwing and instead of spyral it's the JL.

But as far as the current comics just cancel nightwing and send him over to wonder woman and replace Steve trevor. He's got nothing better .
    Last edited by WonderNight; 11-13-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Yeah I know he hates Dick. But why can't Didio just put Dick in a petty corner of DCU and dont even bother to give a glimpse at the boy?TBH that would be a bliss for both sides: him and Nightwing fans.
    Because some Batman/Justice League Event needs a emotional connection to sacrifice for a couple of issues and hand off to the story to a writer who now has to create a story off of something they did not include. Seriously the Justice League should be in their own world and the Titans/JSA/Legion in Otherworlds that accommodates their stories

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Because some Batman/Justice League Event needs a emotional connection to sacrifice for a couple of issues and hand off to the story to a writer who now has to create a story off of something they did not include. Seriously the Justice League should be in their own world and the Titans/JSA/Legion in Otherworlds that accommodates their stories
    I actually liked Percy's pitch but they even didn't let him go with the vertigo issue plot. Now I really have no idea what DC wants for Dick Grayson.

BANNED

I actually liked Percy's pitch but they even didn't let him go with the vertigo issue plot. Now I really have no idea what DC wants for Dick Grayson.
    Uh, to disappear forever?

Astonishing Member

It's because other writers want to use Dick as "sacrifice" to affect Batman.

The idea of the shot was from Tom King. He let the consequences of this to Nightwing comic (althogh Tom King has an idea that Dick should learn everything again, while Tim would take his place as Nightwing).

Tom King also said that he offered the option to DC that they could override all effects of the shot with magic in the next issue, but DC preferred to continue with the story of the shot.

To be fair, I don't think Didio intentionally wants to sabotage Nightwing comic (it's a book with good sales).

The disinterest of DC in Dick is what is causing all these problems. The writers only show interest in the character to use it as a "sacrifice" for Batman, but they do not show plans to develop it.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-13-2018 at 04:32 AM.

It's getting hilarious at this point.

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/titans-2016/titans-30
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Probably the only positive thing to come from all this was Dick getting dropped from the Titans book and Abnett's writing, but that cover is hilarious.

Seeing that cover makes me wish DC would do a Wally and Dick series. Give it to a writer and just let them do whatever they want. Call it Worlds Finest, Red and Blue, or whatever and let a writer like maybe Seeley have fun doing what he wants with the two of them. No bs from Batman, the Justice League, or Titans to mess with and it is the two of them going on some crazy adventures, solving some bizarre cases, throw some personal life stuff in occasionally and it would be great. Guess I can make a pitch for it in that in the other Nightwing thread.