Page 22 of 182 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'm guessing it was editorial/didio/king that wanted to do the amnesia storyline and while Percy probably was ok with it, that wasn't what he wanted to do on the book since he came on originally for the dark web stuff. I do wonder who will take over and if they will pick up on the love triangle Percy was starting up.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since Didio was the one who invited Percy to do the Dark Web story and this one started in Batman I'm gonna go with King.

Yeah I think Tom King has too much leeway, Percy talked a lot about his run but now is leaving when it’s supposed to start, King has done nothing of value but weak emotional moments before fridging other Bat Family characters. I am not even bothering with issues 48 and Beyond I am tired about reading a characters book that has a clear plateau set and NEVER controls any shift in direction. The Titans have already pushed me away, the next creative team is either gonna be filler or hand picked for this new status quo, I bet King uses this to push his endgame.

Mighty Member

King overpowered DiDio. Where has my Nightwing hating man gone to? DiDio never gets his way with Nightwing. He can't just kill Nightwing. How could I relate to Batman now he is older than 35? DiDio please regain control.

Sarcasm for the people out there. But I'm amazed people here hate King who wrote their favorite Grayson over Dan "No Nightwing" DiDio.

Fantastic Member

Well, it's a mess alright. What is this rubbish about changing Dick's name now, I taught the Lego Batman movie did a good job establishing That name to kid's and new audience out there. So why now? This another pointless change that would not stick anyway,

Even if I'm happy percy is leaving nightwing, its a shame and annoying a good writer can't stick with nightwing but abnett is stuck like glue on titans and writing Dick into the ground there. When will he also leave that book so I can start collecting titans books again.

That is a shame. I wonder how this bodes for Babs actually.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    That is a shame. I wonder how this bodes for Babs actually.
    Looks like she is boxed again until Dick needs some love problems. Moore is drawing the post-Percy issues. He hasn't said anything about Babs. She won't see the beautiful perfection that is Moore's Dick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The amnesia continues. The writer isn't.
    well crap I am getting the vibe of him being used as a plot device again like he was in Forever evil. Someone recognizable and big enough to garner attention but they don't mind making expendable.

This is why Titans is important for Nightwing and his brand he is pushing the glass but he needs to break into Mainstream popularity so his character will be safe from stuff like this. Cant they brain warp Ollie instead

What the heck is DC doing with Nightwing? Why are they working so hard to undermine their own property.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Looks like she is boxed again until Dick needs some love problems. Moore is drawing the post-Percy issues. He hasn't said anything about Babs. She won't see the beautiful perfection that is Moore's Dick.
    I'm guessing Vicky will probably be the central love interest while Dick has amnesia, at least in the solo book.

Mighty Member

If you guys read Titans, there is some chance of Nightwing and Miss Martian. I can't wait for the love pyramid that is NightwingxBatgirlxStarfirexMiss MartianxVickiVale. The funny part is all the women are redheads. It's basically comedy at this point.

Honestly it feels like the Renegade era where you might get some good moments and later retcons might make this run worth it to read in hindsight but otherwise it's just gonna be another run that falls by the wayside.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Thank god. I don't get the negativity here. Percy was a complete anchor on the franchise. Nothing worthwhile was ever coming from him. Sure this shows that editorial is a mess regarding Nightwing, but I can't think of anything worse than Percy writing about luddite Nightwing fighting the fucking darkweb.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Thank god. I don't get the negativity here. Percy was a complete anchor on the franchise. Nothing worthwhile was ever coming from him. Sure this shows that editorial is a mess regarding Nightwing, but I can't think of anything worse than Percy writing about luddite Nightwing fighting the fucking darkweb.
    I'd guess most people are upset and concerned not about Percy leaving, but because DC doesn't seem to have any idea what they're doing with Nightwing and there's no solid foundation under him right now. And he's constantly being thrown under the bus for direction changes from other books, forcing changes in his own title that didn't even originate there.

It's not about Percy and whether he's a good writer, it's about DC and how they're treating the character, creators, and fans. Sh*t like this is bad business because it erodes consumer confidence and brand trust. Sh*t like this is why I genuinely question DC management's choices, because I might only be a business student (one year to go!) but even I know better than to do this sort of thing. Hell, we covered this exact type of action last week in one of my classes. So either these guys are on a whole different level (which, I mean, they should be. I'm just a student) or someone shouldn't have the job they have.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.